One hex country to super power

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

One hex country to super power

Post by GIJoe597 »

I will report as much or as little detail as people want to see, let me know.

Grenadines

No tech trading or design trading to increase my treasury.
I will purchase any design I think I need.
Goal will be to expand this one hex nation to the point I feel it can whup anyone in the game. I will not do world domination as it is pointless after a certain point.

1 Jan 2020
Starting details

Only facility I start with is a dock. With a mere 5 slots to use I must choose wisely.
Lock minister out of everything
lower military salary and training/maint to zero
Turn off Auto build
Research Common missiles
As is my, way I will first try to ensure the basic necessities, food and water
build farm
Small stock of consumer gds, may last for 15 - 18 days.
sold half water stock to Saudi Arabia for 3.91m
Sold half electricity to Mexico for 1.21 mil
Free Trade, Free Flow of Labor, Criminal Extradition signed with U.S.A.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: One hex country to super power

Post by tkobo »

I really want to see this pulled off.One thing i really want to see is how long before you get that unit trade that allows you to go to war and actually get off the island.Things will change dramatically once you get a second hex.

I wouldnt mind seeing a list of the unit trade offers as you get them.As those offers and which ones you accept are very important in how things progress.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

i am really, really looking forward to see how this goes and to see if you can actually pull it off. I would like alot of info on this and the very best of luck to you. May you crush all of your enemies
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Jan 2020

5th Stop all research for lack of money

8th Sold Half water stock to Saudi Arabia for 4.05 m

14th Importing Ind Gds (to build the farm)is only market expense at moment

15th Sold half water stock to Saudi Arabia for 4.17 m

19th Depleted existing stock of consumer goods. Having to import now.

22nd I decide when possible I will build a military gds factory. With the amount of wars raging it
should be profitable.

25th Half water stock to Saudi Arabia for 4.68 M
31st Half water stock to Saudi Arabia for 3.66 M

Feb 2020

4th I manually lock minister out of water, and raise the price. Stock is depleting too fast and currently it is the only money making endeavor I have going.
I will toy with my peoples emotions and walk a fine line concerning popularity for now. I have no other choice.

8th Ran out of the small starting stock of Petro. Now having to import. treasury is in the red as it caught me by surprise.
Sold half water stock to Saudi Arabia for 4.17 M

12th Water to S.A. 4.62 M

17th Changed Petro and Consumer Gds price to 200%. Running into some real money issues now and water is not replenishing fast enough.
Marked water up to 76%

19th Water to SA for 3.77 M

21st Farm completes
This should improve money situation, more people employed, = more tax income. I will also not need to import Ind Gds for now.

22nd Water to SA for 2.96 M
Half my food stock to Kuwait for 5.00 M

From this point on I will be exporting food and water for money. I will no longer report each instance. I will report if something out of the ordinary happens.

27th I add Airborne unit to the research Queue. At the funding I can afford, it should only take 3.6 years.

Mar 2020

18th New strategy. Pause research until I have built up a treasury of at least 50 million, then start research again, The tech should only take 30 days at full research funding.

19 Out of the blue, Vietnam offer to give me 9 T-54's. I think hard about this and decide to accept despite the lack of transportation and the salary/maint. fee.

Oops, it appears I was so carried away forgot to scroll and see what they wanted in return. I mistakenly read that as nothing wanted in return. But when I accepted it, it was a failure for lack of compensation. I shall pay more attention from here on out.

29th For 1 week now, I have not had to make any manual trades. My treasury is rising on daily automatic market trades and my GDP/c is rising. currently at 12 M in treasury.

30th World news, Lesotho eliminated today by South Africa.

Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Already interested!
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Very nice one. This should be the first one hex country AAR in this forum or?

Would be nice if you could give us an overview of your starting conditions regarding population, military reserve personel, do you have any facility available from start?. I guess you don't start with any military units neither.

I have never played a one hex country, but i would think you should only buy amphibious or airdropable units first. You will be probably not be able to buy and maintain many units either, so first purchases would be probably important, i guess.

Quite interesting, waiting to read more. Good luck.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Gonzar - Starting Population was 119,397
Military Active = 1250 Sea Port
Reserve = 50

The Port is the only facility I started with. I start with only 5 slots to build in and I cannot build any military fabs since the center hub is a city.

Zero military units at start.

I do plan on trying to get para units since I can build an airfield in the city.

Time will tell, I am at best able to get 10 mill from trading water and/or food with Saudi Arabia and/or India. I am not sure this will be enough for now. The cost of construction is very prohibitive. Add on top of that the need for me to import the Ind Gds as well as Electricty, Ore, Petro, etc. Wow. I am not sure what I have gotten myself into. A significant event has taken place in game, I will get the next update in here sometime today. I am leaving now to go to Physical Therapy.

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

If lack of money is your main issue you could look at your researched techs and available designs and see if some other countries would be interested in buying those, chances are you will find some to sell. After that you could buy a promising design that is not already known to everybody and begin a world wide trading campaign. This should help in getting some millions, may be even billions to start with.
You could also try to buy and sell commodities at the market (like a broker) but with 6 mill starting capital is quite difficult to make reasonable money.
Also if you ally someone you could ask them for help or for quite cheap trades.

These are the woes of a mini-country :-)
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

If lack of money is your main issue you could look at your researched techs and available designs and see if some other countries would be interested in buying those, chances are you will find some to sell. After that you could buy a promising design that is not already known to everybody and begin a world wide trading campaign. This should help in getting some millions, may be even billions to start with.
He has his own house rules hes following.
No tech trading or design trading to increase my treasury.
Nikola Serb
Captain

Post by Nikola Serb »

I really want to know as well how will you complete this. keep on the great work!
Dropped by invaders, BOMB RAID IN VAIN!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

@GIJoe - Should we figure that your not gonna use a commodity trading scheme,and instead just sell what you produce ?
Chuckle TM
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

GIJoe597 wrote: No tech trading or design trading to increase my treasury.
Fair enough, i didn't remember that one.

If nothing helps another possibility is to go into debt to finance the first economic efforts. For example, you could get bonds in order to build one consumer goods facility. You will produce much more than you need, so you have your needed commodity to export and/or play with the market. I would manually export it and not automated you would get much more income that way.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

tkobo - no schemes. I will succeed or fail using the tools in a gentlemenly maner. That being typed, I was suprised by the AI earlier today as I was struggling to get back into the green.

Details sometime tonight, I hope.

tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Your not gonna have your armed force line up in lines, bow to their opponent, and wait for their "turn" to fire are you ? :P
Chuckle TM
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

If I had any, I would try that.

Apr 2020

30th I have finally started research at 200% Eff and 50% Project Development.

May 2020

37th I break ground on a Consumer Goods- Micro plant.

June 2020
Six months in, this is where I stand:

13th Consumer Gds plant completes and Electrical demand skyrockets, which we cannot currently meet.
Small Power- other commissioned.

21st N. Korea is eliminated by Russia, S. Korea and China.

Jul 2020

24th Belarus eliminated by Russia

Aug 2020

1st I ally with the United States and sign Free Flow of Labor, Free Trade and Criminal Extradition with India. I have also started selling food to them to increase standing.

I am in dire straights money wise, that 136 M needed to build that Micro Consumer Gds plant really hurt. I have had to stop all research, move food and water to no export and 200% again. I had a negative 86 M balance. I have worked it down with food and water sales to 6 M in the red.

Domestic Approval rating is 16% and falling. Something needs to change,and soon. I had to take a loan out, the interest is crippling.

2nd My first UN Offer, 90 x daily Petro @ 65 bbl. I of course accept, but our need is 430 bbl a day.

3rd UN offers 90 x 64 bbls of Petro a day. Accept.

13th, able to pay off the loan. Gotta love those hungry Arabs and Indians. Water and Food set back to auto trade.

Sep 2020

Sorry no pics, when I started this session I forgot to start Fraps (I was watching a DVD on another computer). I will do my best to remember it from now on.

13th U.S.A. offers me 2000 M. Accept. All commodities set to auto trade and construction on Small Power - Other restarted. Research restarted also.
Taxes changed to;
Low Income = 20%
High Income = 35%
Corp. = 30%
Small Bus. = 25 %
Sales tax - 10%
Unemployment, Property and pension, 1.9%
*these are a tad different than I normally do, but then again these are special circumstances.

I manually purchase Petro from Saudi. At current needs it should last at least a year. Ore, Ind Gds and Power are the limiting factors at the moment.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Mar 04 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “After Action Reports”