One hex country to super power

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: One hex country to super power

Post by GIJoe597 »

David - I cannot build any fabs at all. There is only one hex and its a city. You need the center hub to be a military complex to build fabs.

I doubt I will scrap the Water Works, water and food are what was keeping me in the green as they are the only natural resource I have access to.

I never intentionally buy anything off the world market, if I can make it I will. When playing as a country with abundandant resources, especially the U.S.A. I do not even pay attention to resources, other than to make sure I produce enough to support my goals. Price is irrelevant to me in those situations. I never have money issues as a resource rich country.

Vuk - I may indeed build a barracks soon as I have a free slot.

The situation with Serbia and Belarus has stagnated. Despite Belarus having a border with Germany, nothing is going on. Germany shows no signs of beligerance at all.
Serbia is also inactive. The last hope I have of drawing western Europe into a war is Build Cap. Belarus is # 4 and Serbia is # 5 on the list. I am hoping eventually Germany builds enough CB against them. I am begining to think it was a mistake to purchase the WS-2 from China and give both Serbia and Belarus the design. They are now making star clusters of WS-2's in their cities. I wish the UK would get off their collective rears, move through the Chunnel and get to business. As it is, only fresh infusions of cash from the U.S.A. keeps them in the green. Out of all my allies they are the only ones that cannot seem to keep a pound in their treasury.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Mar 16 2010, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Nikola Serb
Captain

Post by Nikola Serb »

Vuk-Wolf wrote:Hey,I see that you dont have baracks...But i think they are needed to able to maintain land units so i reccomend building them.Also nice job on Bealrus and Serbia,finnaly somoene gave them little care :D
I agree! :D
Dropped by invaders, BOMB RAID IN VAIN!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I might start a Serbian game next. I would try to conquer Europe using only units Serbia can build or buy from Russia. Or are they not aligned with Russia, real world? I would think teh vast majority of their equipment is Russian.

Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

Well not so much russian equipment as other countries around.It has all of its infantry units are Serbian made.Recon units are from Russia,Tanks... M-84 are Serbian made or Yugoslavian made T-72 brought from Russia and t-55 well some of them were made by Yugoslavia but most are Russian made.I think all of its AT units are Russian.Arty, M63 Plamen Yugoslav made,M-87 Orkan Yugoslav made,d-30 and d-20 are russian,M-77-Yugoslav,cant remember more.All of AA is Russian i think.
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Dec 2025

4th. I decide to scrap the Sea Port and build a barracks.

Dec 2028

5th Canada offers me units! I immediately accept

But.

/me throws up hands. I will continue to let the game chug along while I am doing other things. But I am thinking it is a lost cause.

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

That is actually something that hasnt been talked about very much,and it has a large effect on the current trade system.The times ive seen it happen,i was usually able to go back and see that it happened becuase at the time the trade was offered,the units were in reserve.BUT the units were then ordered out of reserve by the AI,making them no longer available to trade,before the trade treaty was replied to.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Its either that or they sold them to someone else. Ive had that happen with missile sales and it didnt look like the region that offered had deployed any missiles at the time let alone the ones they were trying to sell to me.

I think its just plain mean.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I actually saved the game at that point and loaded again from an earlier save, they never offered again, I tried twice.

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Its one a few large flaws in the current system that should show up in this AAR.And NO, im not saying remove the system til its perfect.Id rather have a system to improve upon, than no system.Im just saying the devs should be paying attention to this, taking notes and openly talking about it with an eye on improving the system.Even if only in the games next incarnation.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Side Story update: South Korea.

I must tell you I am somewhat impressed by what the South Korean (now known as Korea) AI is doing when provided with the correct tools. I ensured they had enough recource facilities to be in the green for everything and moved their air units around to forward bases getting rid of the 90000 aircraft death blossom (extra points to whomever gets the reference). I have given them all the tech I have and designs for the Terra Rover, XAV and M2020C AFCS Tech 158 Tank. They defeated china by pushing west then south when China moved it capital to Shanghai. Japan invaded China west of Rui'an and established a beachhead. This soon expanded to about 18 towns and the large air base at Yiwu. As soon as China fell Korea turned 180 degrees and assaulted Russia. They have been at war with them for years but it was a typical static war bordering the northern river as always. They have now pushed north west and are at Lake Baikal north of Mongolia.

I have watched them closely and their Air Force has been amazing. Any time there was a Chinese aircraft attacking, the Korean Air Force mobbed them with at least 15 - 20 aircraft.

WOW as I am typing this the game is running on another computer and Russia just fell. Mar 21, 2031. I am very suprised by this for 2 reasons.

1. As you know I have been babysitting Belarus so they are of interest to me. Apparently they were at war with Russia and I did not even know it. The got the western part of Russia all the way to Novosibirk. Korea got the eastern part of Russia. I guess they were the only 2 at war with them. I cannot believe I missed Belarus declaring war on Russia. Ahh I scroll back in their news reports. I see they declared war on Russia on Mar 6th 2031.

Russia fell in 2 weeks? Logging off to go see if I have a autosave. I want to see this, according to their news they rampaged through Russia. News - Mar 10th Belarus closes on Russian Capital. I cannot believe I missed all this. Mar 21 Russian Capital moved to Karkiv.
More later if I can get some screen shots of this from a auto save.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Mar 16 2010, edited 5 times in total.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I had a auto save from the 15th here are some pics.

Last pic of Belarus before they rampaged through Russia. They looked like this on 5 Mar 2031.

15 Mar 2031
Nine days after they declared war on Russia. The red line is more or less the border before war. You can see how far they advanced in 9 days.

The Belarus military is attacking on all fronts:

North towards Saint Petersburg

South East towards Orel. Note the Terra Rover aircraft.

East towards Moscow

Russia scrambled their air forces at ST. Petersburg. Belarus responded with overwhelming force bringing both Terra Rovers and Foxbat-A.

St Petersburg falls. There are so many Belarus units here I cannot get them all on one screen shot.

They are at the outskirts of Moscow. As I watch, suddenly, at least 50 Belarus Air Force units converge and start bombing the ground units. As the game is paused I try to find any sign of the Russian Air Force. There is none. Apparently the Russian AF is no more. These Belarus units are indeed bombing ground units much like tkobo's "buzzsaw" method.

Final push on Moscow:

Mar 20th 1300 Moscow falls to the relentless forces of Belarus.

They moved the capital once and then capitulated when it also fell. That was very unexpected. I was encouraging Belarus to fight in Western Europe. With their new found build cap I hope that will eventually happen.

EDIT: I missed this. The Republic of Georgia was also at war and they got some land.

Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

Now thats amazing very entertaining. I bet it was great fun to watch that happen
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Side side story update.

Started a game as Serbia. Allied with Russia and China, although theyare fighting each other. Was allied with Belarus, but Ukraine finsihed them. I have already finished Hungary. Now building military and infanstructure. This is Mil: Very Hard. Will only use designs from Russia, China or what I have acess to.

Also allied with;
Armenia
Bahamas
Cambodia
Ecuador
Haiti
India
Iran
Israel
Italy
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Krygyzstan
Libya
Mauritania
Mexico
Myanmar
Nigeria
Paraguay
Sudan
Syria
Tajikistan
Thailand
Uganda
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
Venesuela
Yemen

Goal, to conquer Europe as a minimum.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Side side story update:

As Serbia I have so far eliminated the following countries:
Albania
Austria
Bulgaria
Hungary
Kosovo
Slovenia

Currently at war with:
Finland
Norway
Ukraine. (I consider this to be the most urgent and where I starting an attack next)

Units:
Primary Inf unit BTR-D
FB Mig-17F Fresco-C(K.5/Lim-6Bis)
Inter Mig-25P Foxbat-A

As indicated, I am only using units I can get from Russia/China or myself.

EDIT: About 3 minutes after I finished posting this, Germany declared on me. I was not keen on fighting that battle yet, but here is where the Human out maneuvers the AI even with inferior units and vastly outnumbered. I have a total infantry force of 89 BTR-D, 4 tanks, 6 Foxbats, 28 Mig-17F's. I have just now started building AA and Arty. The SA-12b Giant Range: 100km and the Russian 2S19M1 155 MSTA-S Arty. Med reaction, 30km range. I have managed to produce 9 SA-12's and 3 2S19M1's.

Plan:
Form a skirmish/defensive line with Inf in front, Arty 2nd row. I only have 2 supply trucks so I cannot really supply my arty the way I would like. I will rely heavily on the Mig's to bolster defenses where needed. They get beat up easily but I try to only use 7 at a time and rotate them frequently.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Side side story update: As Serbia

The Germans hit hard, starting with assaults on Innsbruck, Salzburg and Wels. I had full garrisons at all towns. This was fortunate as it allowed me some time to move my units from the Ukrainian border west to the German Border. Their ADV Tornado's and Eurofighter Typhoons minced my Mig's. The Foxbats held their own.

Within hours they has taken Salzburg and started moving east.

Jan 11 2022 Ukraine decides to start start shelling me eastern coast with naval units and sends on their Air Force to harass the same area. I have a small pile of anti ship missiles which I use in one of the DD's I captured when Bulgaria fell. I do not have any missile fabs though. once they are gone that's it for now.

Well the one DD that was missile capable lasted all of 30 secs before the Ukrainian naval sunk it. Not really a huge issue since my attention is on handling the German onslaught.

Jan 13th. A large German convoy comes from the Czech Republic and starts forcing its way south, assaulting Wien. At this point I realize I only have 1 garrison unit there. Soon The Czechs shall pay for allowing the Germans to use their land as a launching point for invasion into Serbia!

The issue here is, this is behind my defensive line. If they get in any deeper 80% of my forces will be surrounded. "Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man"- Patton The Germans are using Blitzkrieg again just as they did with the Maginot Line.

You can see the attack and in the bottom left my defensive line that stretched down.

I have managed to deploy 13 SA-12's and they are the only thing allowing my MIG's to harass the Germans. With only 6 Foxbats I cannot gain air superiority. The next production run does not end for 97 more days. Its going to be a long 3 months.

The Germans are pushing hard at Wien. I decide to drop the bridge. This should slow them down and make it easier for my MIG's to pick them off. I will also mass as much arty in the area as I can.

Jan 16th Air Defense Sites completes research. I am not going to build any at the moment since I have no idea where the front while be when they complete.

Germany Captures Wien.

Jan 17th, I scramble every inf unit I have and run out of manpower. This battle around Wien will be the make or break fight!

Time and time again the MIG's sortie. Every time they enter battle they are mauled. I am proud of our pilots they show no fear despite being in obsolete airframes against impossible odds. They are fighting for their homes, their family and their country.

And yet, the steady stream of leopard tanks does not slow. The Infantry is faltering, all AT units are converging but they also are old and near worthless. We will not submit. Twice that one country has started a World War and invaded its neighbors. No today, not ever again will Serbia be a vassal state!

We start pressing captured equipment into the battle. Our Mig pilots are now flying a F-5A, RJ-1 J-22 and a L-39ZA. Even with these additional units we can barely muster 11 squadrons to continue the battle. As lines of Mig's are sitting in repair hangars and can not be repaired or re-crewed fast enough.

They are fearless wading into the fray the first pass they loose the F-5, the RJ-22 and the L-39ZA and yet, they continue on knowing that each leopard they destroy is one more chance for their loved ones to survive.

Jan 21st, Finally a lull. The stream tapers off and stops. We have decimated 57 German units and they have killed 37 of ours. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. The constant pounding from the air and the massed arty is starting to take a toll. Add to that we now control the skies over Serbia with 15 SA-12's and 2 SA-2's deployed around the country side and morale has never been higher.

Jan 25th They launch a combined missile and aircraft attack. I cannot identify the missile type as there are so many explosions in the sky. I can now field 7 Foxbat Sq's and they perform admirably when kept at the correct distance and fed info from an AWACS orbiting the area.

Jan 27th we are able to give our Pilots much needed rest and maintenance. They may be called upon again at a moments notice to charge into the lions mouth. We also order an assault on Wien as we want those 4 land fabs back.

Jan 28th Wien is ours again.

Mar 2022 We have started a slow push to retake lost territory. Once we hit the original German border we are not stopping.

21st Norway asks for peace. Since my goal is to claim mainland Europe I accept.
24th We retake Salzburg.
26th The large military base at Rosenheim is captured. It has a missile fab, Land fab airfield and barrack. A very nice addition.

Apr 2022

4th Munchen falls to us. This is a major military complex as well as a large city. This add the following to us;
3 missile fabs
3 land fabs
3 air fabs

Aug 19th Germany eliminated. Memorial built in honor of Mig pilots.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Mar 19 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “After Action Reports”