For the Rodina!

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Tinman
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: For the Rodina!

Post by Tinman »

Currently, I've seized northern Norway and have begun a strategic bombing campaign of Oslo and the coastal cities. I've remembered screenshots, though only a few. It'll be awhile before I can put this campaign on paper, but I'll put up the seizures of Finland and Estonia soon.

As for the UK situation, I've sent them numerous aid packages but they're extremely resistant to the idea of an alliance. I'll continue negotiations but if they won't join the Kiev Pact by the time I attack contintenal Europe, then they'll suffer the consequences. Keep you updated as much as I can.
The Golden Rule of Air Power- You can't win a war with just air power and you can't win a war without it.
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

Ok good luck with that
Tinman
Sergeant

Post by Tinman »

With the assimilation of the Georgian Republic, it's time to turn our attention to Finland. After Tbilisi fell, the Finns began a progressive military buildup and putting their armed forces on alert. Their CB is nearly one hundred percent towards the Soviet Union and it is likely only a matter of time before they declare war. However, it would not be wise to allow the Finns too much time to prepare. Not only could they attempt to replicate the Winter War of the 1940s, but they could seek a military alliance with the United States or Western Europe. Finland is too much of a threat to the Rodina to allow them to continue soveriegn.

February 15, 2021 - STAVKA has modified the invasion plans for Finland. We've reorganized elements of Army Groups A and C, exchanging the untested infantry and tank division for the veterans of the Second Georgian-Soviet War: 120th Guards and 32nd Motor Rifle. These two divisions have seen more action than a majority of the entire Red Army and it would be best to have them spearhead the invasion.
The overall plan is a two pointed invasion of Finland. The first pincer will be in the far north, which has the objective of seizing the few northern Finnish airfields. Once these are secure this pincer, Army Group B, will push west until they reach the Baltic coast, then proceed south, capturing vital port cities.
Army Group A will be based along the Finnish border near St. Petersburg. Once war is declared, 32nd Motor Rifle and 120th Guards will proceed north/northwest capturing vital cities. They will avoid contact with the Finnish capital defenders, but will attempt to draw out the majority of the enemy military into an open engagement. Successful or not, they will proceed west and wheel around Helsinki. Once the capital is encircled, STAVKA may order an airborne attack using 501st Air Rifle. This may be a suicide depending on how effective our artillery has been, but our comrades understand that this mission is vital to the Motherland.
While these ground invasions are occuring, the Red Air Force will have the mission of bombing the capital into dust. Depending on how much Finnish AA there is around Helsinki, normal fighter bombers may attempt to secure air superiority. Soviet artillery based in Estonia have just enough range to bombard Helsinki and will do so 24/7.
February 17, 2021 - diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and Finland have deteriorated beyond repair. The Finnish government plays right into our hands and declares war. A regiment of Finnish tanks attempt to assault the St. Petersburg staging point but are destroyed by Soviet artillery before they even reach the border. Army Groups A and B begin their invasions.
February 18, 2021 - Seventy-five Soviet strategic bombers attack Helsinki. This mission had a double mission to expose the severity of Finnish AA. Although successful, five bombers are shot down. However, this shows that Finnish AA can be suppressed and this objective is given to Soviet artillery based in Estonia which had been bombarding the capital since the war began.
February 22, 2021 - Army Group B reaches Kemi and begins pushing south along the Baltic coast. The Group had been attacked by the few Finnish regional defenders in the north, but had been victorious every time. By now, Soviet bombers are being based at Rovaneimi, allowing for easier attacks on Helsinki.
February 26, 2021 - Army Group A reaches Tampere and is attacked by what appears to be the vast majority of Finnish armor and mechanized infantry. The ruse to draw out the Finnish defenders appears to have worked. In a four day battle, the Finns lose their entire armor arsenal and are forced to withdraw their remaining aircraft and infantry to Helsinki. However, the battle was costly as 32nd Motor Rifle is forced to halt and prepare to return to the staging point for repairs. The other infantry division and two tank divisions of Army Group A continue west.
April 5, 2021 - Army Groups A and B link up at Pori. The Finnish situation is completely bleak. Ninety percent of Finland has been liberated by the Soviet forces. The Finns have no armor left, no aircraft, and only a few mechanized infantry units left to defend the capital. Soviet artillery and strategic bombers bombard Helsinki round the clock.
April 7, 2021 - STAVKA decides to end the war as quickly as possible. The First Directorate has informed the Politburo that Norway may declare war soon and we need to focus our attention on them. 501st Air Rifle is mobilized and ordered to paradrop into Helsinki. With Finnish AA suppressed, no air transports are lost. The house-to-house battle is bloody but on April 9, the Finnish government flees. The spoils of war, however, are extremely disappointing as only a few infantry garrisons are surrendered to the Soviet Union.

The Finnish campaign was also longer and bloodier than expected. Sixteen units were lost, mostly from 501st and 32nd Motor Rifle. However, we are now in a position to take Norway and open the way for an invasion of Germany and France.
The Golden Rule of Air Power- You can't win a war with just air power and you can't win a war without it.
Tinman
Sergeant

Post by Tinman »

Short update for now. I've seized northern Norway but have decided to hold off on taking Oslo. My UN treaty integrity is at just 72% so I've decided to wait until I have sufficient forces to not only take Norway but immediately begin my invasions of France and Germany. However, I'll have to wait for them to declare war before I can go after them since my CB towards them is less than ten percent. That could take awhile, so for now we're on another military buildup. Plus, my economy has gotten a little off track so I'll need awhile to tend to that problem.

On the plus side, I've raised my relationship with the UK so I can probably get them to sign an alliance treaty in the next six months. So...hurrah.
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

Nice one cant wait to see what happens
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

Anything to report?