Tips on invading the Great Britain as Deutschland

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Makaveli
Corporal
Human: Yes

Tips on invading the Great Britain as Deutschland

Post by Makaveli »

Greetings gentlemen,

I have finally decided to create a user for these forums, after some months reading them between war and war...

So in order to locate you guys a bit, my Reich is this Image (please tell me how to post screenshots as I don't know if this link is working). As you can see, I have already invaded Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, 50% of Belarus, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria and some of Switzerland. All those countries declared war on me with the only exceptions of the Netherlands and Slovakia, which I invaded for strategical reasons. So, after dealing with all those, the Great Britain DoW'd on me (alongside some minor countries like Norway, Albania and Romania, which I can't offer an acceptable peace treaty at the moment, no big dealio). First they had northern France (Calais, Brest, Dunkerk, and so on) but I've already conquered those continental bases, now I want to move up to Britain's mainland but the Channel bridge is under repair (at very low health, red status). After succesfully disembarking on 2 north and west english islands (both only guarded by garrisons and few ships, nothing for my Wehrmacht nor Kreigsmarine tbh) I want to go on the mainland but the question is HOW, because the only bridge is broken. Any strategical/tactical suggestions? Do the engineers work in this case?

Thanks for the help, cheers!
Ultimate_Waffle
Lieutenant

Re: Tips on invading the Great Britain as Deutschland

Post by Ultimate_Waffle »

It sounds like your only options to gain access to Britain's mainland is to build some transport ships. Some transport ships will allow you to unload troops anywhere on the mainland while the other transport ships will only allow you to unload at a sea pier. You usually won't have the luxury of docking at an enemy's sea pier unless you somehow manage to eliminate all visible enemies on the same hex as it. Your transports don't like to move right next to enemy units, that's why. If your only option is to take an enemy's sea pier, you'll have to get some air-droppable infantry loaded up into some transport airplanes and air drop them right onto the sea pier. Once they clear the hex of enemies, you are free to unload your ships and begin your conquest of Britain.

If you need air-droppable infantry, I would suggest using Green Berets 2, Green Berets, or Special Forces. Green Berets 2 would be your best bet. I wish you luck on your future conquests, and feel free to ask any other questions.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Get 80+ an-225s
Load them all with a good airdroppable infantry.
And take a huge chunk of the island in one large airdrop operation.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

Aye... large air-drop operations are always fun to watch. The whole screen lights up with battles in each hex and chaos reigns supreme until your air-dropped units kill all the garrisons and other troops.

If you don't have the troops and don't want to wait while you build up that massive of an air-drop force, I'd suggest what Waffle suggested. Build some amphibious transport ships and use those to invade. Load troops on them, move them over, and unload near a hex with a pier. Take that hex, then use your non-amphibious transports to unload more of your army. Germany has access to some decent transport designs, though the US arguably has the best transport designs. Depending on if you trade for unit designs or not, that'd be the way to go.
Makaveli
Corporal

Post by Makaveli »

Thanks guys, I've been recently in peace with the Great Britain as I've destroyed the Channel Bridge completely now. The only fights still going on from time to time usually happen between the oceanic oil fields, which I took from them & Norway. I am actually researching some light-units and some upgrades in order to launch my airborne assault on the island. Also, I'd be very grateful if someone could teach me how to post some images as I'm interested in monitoring this AAR, which currently led me to the invasion of Spain and Sweden on the last few game months, so now my Reich is really, reaaaaally big !!!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

You can take screens using the print screen button,or some third party programs.Once you take a screen,save it to a known location.

Then either- use the browse button at the bottm of a post to locate it, and the add button to add it to the post
OR
Find a file /pic hosting site and upload it to there,then create a link in the post to the pic.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Makaveli
Corporal

Post by Makaveli »

tkobo wrote:You can take screens using the print screen button,or some third party programs.Once you take a screen,save it to a known location.

Then either- use the browse button at the bottm of a post to locate it, and the add button to add it to the post
OR
Find a file /pic hosting site and upload it to there,then create a link in the post to the pic.
Thank you Tkobo :)

P.S.: Shame I've invaded nearly all Europe already to create my AAR :evil:

Return to “After Action Reports”