Powerful and Prosperous Nation - North Korea

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Vuk-Wolf
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Powerful and Prosperous Nation - North Korea

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

-.- its not critism its just a idea.Thats place where i landed after i captured Alaska with Russia.
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
Porcupine1981
Captain

Post by Porcupine1981 »

TOP SECRET - Memorandum - TOP SECRET

To: National Defense Commission, Pyongyang

North America Military Situation Report

Despite signigicant advances by our troops, the situation looks dire. Our forces are overstretched, making themselves vulnerable to American counter-attacks which have the potential to greatly erode our strength. Currently we do not believe we have the resources for a new offensive anywhere.

Even though American counter-attacks are currently not a threat to the strategic situation, they present a tacitcal and operational challenge in every case. Since the American war material is greatly superior to our own, our commanders must ensure tactical and numerical superiority on the battlefield to gain victory, which is not always easy. Losses have been high and continue to be high. The Americans counter-attack at every opportunity, often with near numerical equality to our own forces, which leads to a lot of defensive engagements in which rear services, such as supply and artillery units, are often attacked also.

Field commanders complain a lack of air cover and artillery. About a quarter of the total artillery systems shipped to North America have been lost since the initial invasion and no replacements have been forthcoming yet, the main focus of the reinforcement effort lying with tanks and infantry. It must be stressed that the operational doctrine of our forces depends on large amounts of concentrated firepower, which is currently only available in the north-eastern sector.

Air defense is another problem. The enemy uses his air force frequently for resupply of deep-penetration units and for combat support in large operations such as the assault on Reno. Our air defense forces have not increased since the initial invasion and are no longer sufficient to cover the enlarged frontline. New high-altitude interceptors have started arriving in the theatre to help combat the USAF, but they are as yet not numerous enough to have any effect.

We therefore request delivery as soon as possible of at least 2000 heavy artillery systems to North America as well as at least 20 heavy anti-air missile regiments in addition to the usual supplies of infantry and tanks. Otherwise further combat operations in this theatre will begin draining our strength to a dangerously low point.
GENERAL.I.A.Z
Captain

Post by GENERAL.I.A.Z »

Porcupine1981 wrote:We therefore request delivery as soon as possible of at least 2000 heavy artillery systems to North America as well as at least 20 heavy anti-air missile regiments in addition to the usual supplies of infantry and tanks. Otherwise further combat operations in this theatre will begin draining our strength to a dangerously low point.

i think what you need is to organise yourtroops

you can't make an army of tanks it can be division of tanks 21 battilion = 3 brigades

and one division of tanks , one division of inf make corps

and 2 corps make an army

but the army need logestic support about 12 anti air (6 high range ,6 low , medium range )

and 28 art unit use mrls , and 6 supply trunks + 4 recon

those 50 battilion all grouped in one battle group called x army-logestic support

that is the way i organise my one milion soldier and it's very useful especially after battles counting units not to forget one unit of your men alone in battle field things like that

OH SUEZ OUR HOME LAND

STILL GOT THE PIECES OF THOSE DESTROYED ISRAELI TANKS
LONG LIVE EGYPTION PEOPLE
LONG LIVE EGYPT
Porcupine1981
Captain

Post by Porcupine1981 »

Comrade General I.A.Z., thank you for your suggestions. The army is already organised much the way you describe, but there are too few units to go around in many places.

A few economical statistics:

The USA is building land fabs like crazy, it has 85 of them now and my recon satellites show me it is building more. They are also now nearly 7.5 trillion in debt, but show no signs of economical exhaustion yet.

And a news flash:

A major American counter-attack launched in the weakly defended north-eastern sector broke through and caused heavy casualties and large territorial losses. DPRK forces regrouped and struck back, taking Boise.
Porcupine1981
Captain

Post by Porcupine1981 »

Following the glorious victory in the Boise sector, the troops on the southern front attacked as well, after receiving heavy reinforcements, particularly in artillery.

The attack on the Bay Area was a success, but bought at a high cost in men and equipment. The southern army is in no condition to advance further, but will be able to hold the line against American counter-attacks for a while.

Also note SA-2s battling F-112s just south of the Bay. The SA-2 may be practically obsolete in most functions, but here it is actually doing just as great a job as the SA-12b next to it.

Also some more statistics - the USA have lost nearly half a million men in military casualties, the DPRK a total of 700.000, of which about 300.000 lost their lives in North America. The USA has lost over 1200 military units while killing 300. The Population of the USA is still hovering around 300 million, despite the large territorial losses. They now have 86 land fabrication facilities, despite just losing a bunch in the Bay Area.
Porcupine1981
Captain

Post by Porcupine1981 »

Another non-visual update. As I continue to push south towards Los Angeles, the going is slow. My forces are pretty weak here now, just strong enough to take complex after complex and city after city. Vandenberg AFB has fallen (and there I saw the first wing of B-2s as well, which was shot down by my glorious SA-2s ("We didn't know it was invisible!").

However, the US counter-attacks, which are still coming, lack the drive they had before. It seems that enemy morale is sinking. US military approval is now 4%, civilian is above 20%. When do units start surrendering? I've seen it happen in other AARs, but it has never happened to me so far.

The thing keeping my offensive alive are the reinforcements from Korea and Japan (I had deactivated the land fabs in Japan, they are active again now, building artillery and air defense), but it's an endless wait for those ships to cross the Pacific... My main supply port is now Monterey.

The big plan is now to reach the Mexican border, decide on a new axis of attack, and then strike East. But it is unclear at the moment when that will be accomplished. I wish I could double my forces on American soil first.
Porcupine1981
Captain

Post by Porcupine1981 »

Pyongyang (KCNA) -- A spokesman for the National Defense Commission announced today that our glorious and courageous troops have taken the capitalist stronghold of Las Vegas and also secured the famous Hoover Dam.

Our brave worker-peasant soldiers now control nearly all of Southern California and are close to forming a ring around the Los Angeles-San Diego area.

--

The latest piece of bad news for DPRK forces is the American fielding of a surface-to-surface missile with nearly instant kill capabilities and an enormous range. I have no idea what it is, but it means that any M270 MLRS system has a ca. 10-15 hex kill zone around it in which nothing will survive for very long.

What this means in turn is that any M270 MLRS that is sighted must be instantly destroyed, or I must order a general retreat of all forces. In either situation, losses will be extremely high. It gets even worse when there are two M270s that are covering each other (this was the case with Groom Lake and Las Vegas, which consquently had to be taken at all costs).

I am trying to counter this by fielding more long-range missiles and launch systems myself.
Porcupine1981
Captain

Post by Porcupine1981 »

The glorious troops of the DPRK continue to surge forward. Los Angeles is encircled and cut off from resupply. Taking the city becomes comparatively easy.

Following the elimination of the LA pocket, the unified Korean armies in Southern California can be put into some semblance of order for the first time in months.

Thanks to this reorganisation, further advances come rapidly. El Paso is reached in the south while in the center the brave forces of the DPRK advance on Salt Lake City.

The enemy did not offer much resistance except at El Paso, where he furiously counter-attacked with armour. However, none of the enemy tanks in this sector were GMT-2As, but rather the much older M1 and M60 models, with whom our forces are nearly on par.

Our spies report widespread discontent within the USA concerning the conduct of the war.
GENERAL.I.A.Z
Captain

Post by GENERAL.I.A.Z »

i was watching behind enemy lines 2 it was about north korea

according to what i saw you need really to feed your troops they got malnutrition :lol: :lol: :lol:

by the way watch out for partisan seems that you don't gaurd the cities you take soon i will continue my aar too

OH SUEZ OUR HOME LAND

STILL GOT THE PIECES OF THOSE DESTROYED ISRAELI TANKS
LONG LIVE EGYPTION PEOPLE
LONG LIVE EGYPT
Ultimate_Waffle
Lieutenant

Post by Ultimate_Waffle »

You're doing an epic job. It must be incredibly difficult to take on the United States of America with a country like North Korea.
Porcupine1981
Captain

Post by Porcupine1981 »

It is hard. I started getting too confident and advanced on the Tucumucari Range (west of Amarillo) with only a small force (perhaps one division strong). The USA counter-attacked and completely annihilated my assault group. Three regiments of infantry and one tank regiment made it back to safety, accompanied by only a fraction of the support elements.

If I had to list the American weapons systems that infuriate me the most currently, they would be:

- M1211A1 125mm mortar; a mortar with longer range than all my artillery pieces which the enemy seems to like using in droves and marches all over the place.
- ATACMS missiles (these appear to be the infamous angels of death that I keep noticing); A stack of WZ-551s was caught in the open nine hexes from Roswell and destroyed before it could retreat. And that is just one example.
- The US Air Force, if and when it shows up. It appeared en masse over the Tucumucari Range and was largely responsible (along with those infernal mortars) for the destruction of my forces there. A single brigade of SA-12bs wasn't even remotely enough to deal with them and my own air force in North America has been annhilated by F-112s.
- The fact that US tanks and APCs can drive for a hundred miles through unsupplied terrain while my units run out of supply while trying to head them off.

My main combat units in North America are currently:
Tanks: T-90S, Al-Khalid MBT 2000, T-72M1
Infantry: Engineer, Al-Fahd-40-1, YW531H, WZ551
Artillery: M1974, M1975, MAZ-543 missile launcher
Air defense: SA-2, SA-12b

I am developing some new tactics as well. Since most US barracks seem to have one MLRS unit sitting on top of it, I saturate the barracks with No Dong missiles when I start closing on it to prevent too many ATACMS missiles launching.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Porcupine1981 wrote:- M1211A1 125mm mortar; a mortar with longer range than all my artillery pieces which the enemy seems to like using in droves and marches all over the place.
Can you post a screenshot of its specs please?
Porcupine1981
Captain

Post by Porcupine1981 »

Uriens wrote:
Porcupine1981 wrote:- M1211A1 125mm mortar; a mortar with longer range than all my artillery pieces which the enemy seems to like using in droves and marches all over the place.
Can you post a screenshot of its specs please?
Will do. However, I suspect that its range is greatly boosted by US technology, which I do not have, so its range readings will not be the same as they are for the USA. I have still not yet finished research on the earliest range-boosting technology - ERFB-BB ammunition (although in two weeks it will be finished, vastly improving the outlook for my forces in North America.

Oh, btw, the US now has 91 land fabrication facilities... do they ever get tired?!
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

I dont know once it was year 2029 in my game and they had 126 land facilitys and about 50 aircraft ones.They actually kill their own economy by doing that.Btw your going great and amazed.
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

In my game they have about 90 facilities and the year is only 2024. They are also at war with Canada and Mexico and already took out Cuba (nice job on making AI do naval invasions devs. :-) ).

Their economy is also a bit of a puzzle. AI's economy looked like it was on a freefall loosing massive amounts of cash on daily bases. Then suddenly at arround 20000,00 Mil it just stopped. Like their economy opened up a parachute. :lol:
I've seen this happen on couple of other AI countries. England, in my game as Paris, had similar behavior. I was waiting for them to go bankrupt but they managed to stabilize economy at about 500 mil. Their DAR was at low 20s and they had huge emigration and death rate which suggests they made major cuts in social services, but they managed to stop money losses quite rapidly. I actually had to invade the standard way and take them out taking unusually high losses since their economy didn't collapse. Of course, I did play on easy economy and with no debt option to help AI, but still, I didn't expect this.

Return to “After Action Reports”