AAR-Texas Rises Again

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Graygan
Colonel

AAR-Texas Rises Again

Post by Graygan »

*Ok... first time in ages since I've done an AAR, so bear with me. Most of the comments will be in newspaper reporting format*

Texas

Shattered World Campaign
Texas
World Volatility-Very High*For those quick and dirty starting wars. Will give me something to watch when I've not got much to do with my own nation*
Military Difficulty-Very High
Economic Difficulty-Very Easy*To make life easier for the AI which will provide me with future hardships when I fight them*
Diplomatic Difficulty-Very Easy*Less brotherly love amongst the AI, more for me, means more wars all around.*
Debt-No*Again, to make economic life on the AI nations easier which means more challenge for me later on*
Allied Victories-Yes*Won't be making very many allies and will likely break alliances later on*
Fixed Capitols-No(Makes it harder to actually take a nation down*
Hot Relations-Very High
Start Game With Units

Fog of War-Yes
Enhanced Spotting-Yes
Enhanced Ranges-Yes
Units Eliminated when Region Falls-No
Allow Nuclear Weapons-Yes
Nuclear Weapons Penalties-Low*Makes it so the AI nations will use nukes if they have them*

Resources-Standard
Initial Funds-Default
Approval Effects-High
Critical United Nations-Yes
Allow Government Change-Yes
Random Events-Very High*just because they're fun, they aren't big enough to give an advantage*

Victory Conditions-Complete
Last edited by Graygan on Nov 03 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Graygan
Colonel

Re: AAR-Texas Rises Again

Post by Graygan »

Setup first.

Land Department-Nothing changed

Production Department-Minister locked from all production controls.

All domestic prices increased to 200% except agriculture at 176%. *Reduces demand, increases unemployment, increases national income*

All production set to 110% except Uranium and Military Goods which are at max production. *Uranium for stockpiling, will need lots in the future. Military Goods for early sales while the world market prices are extremely high*

All automatic purchasing and selling dropped to zero. *From now on, selling and buying will be at Governor Graygans command*

Single day bulk purchases of Uranium, Coal, Metal Ore, and Timber initiated in order to increase reserves until self-sufficiency is realized.

Research Department-Minister locked out of all decisions.

Research spending set to maximum amount allowable.

Dark Matter Theories and Urban Renewal technologies begun to increase research efficiency and infrastructure.

Future Research will focus on getting Green Beret II and getting the various naval technologies up to date.

Finance Department-Minister locked out of all decisions.

All Social Spending at recommended levels except infrastructure where spending is doubled to the maximum amount.

Low income, High income, Corporate, and Small Business tax rates set to 30.4%

Sales Tax set to 2.2%, Unemployment, Property, and Pension taxes all set to 2%

Total Tax rate at 36.6%

State Department-Mouthpiece to the world for Governor Graygan who will be making all the decisions.

Alliance(includes all treaty possibilities except missile defense) offers sent to California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri(required the M777E1(LW155) 155mm outdated artillery design to secure agreement), Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Illinois, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and South Carolina.

*These alliances were made to secure our starting borders as much as possible. No other alliances around the world will be made since it's not really necessary. I'll not be making any diplomatic trades for resources or technology so there's no real point. I may obtain Line of sight treaties with some nations just so I can have something to watch, but that will likely be as far as it goes.*

Intelligence Department-Minister locked from any decision making.

Currently no spies are working for New Texas.

Communications and Reconnaissance Satellites are ordered to be built. Fourteen of each. The lack of a launching pad necessitates that built satellites be put into storage until such time as the facilities are built.

Defense Department-Minister locked from all decisions.

Military salaries, maintenance, and training currently at recommended levels.

Defcon 5.

Military Initiative and Unit Pathing at default.

Nukes NOT currently authorized.

Current and Future units set to Normal speed, Normal Pathing, no initiative, engagement level of Contact Options, and medium Loss tolerance.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

A new Texas ?This means they have a chance to get barbecue right this time ! :lol: :P
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

June 17, 2020

Election Results Around the World indicate Political Mess!!!

Election results around the world have caused massive splitting of various larger governments. The former United States federal government was dissolved with each state and Washington DC going their own way in the world as nations in their own right. Many other nations around the world have had similar results. The only really major nations that were not affected by this were the 2nd and 3rd world nations plus India, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand.

In local news, Governor Graygan was elected to head the new nation of Texas. One of only 2 nations ever to have been a nation before joining the United States, Texas is again a nation free to choose its own destiny. Governor Graygan was granted sweeping powers over the nation today. He has vowed to devote the next four years to the next election to making Texas the greatest nation in the world. Among other things, a new constitution and government will be voted upon with the next election. Governor Graygan has also promised sweeping reforms in social services, taxation, and business.

At the same time, the Secretary of State announced formal alliance relationships were formed with several of the former United States nations.

In Military news, Governor Graygan has abolished the Air Force. Subsuming the Texan Air force under the command of the Texas Navy. Governor Graygan was heard to say, "What is the air and space above us, but another ocean?". It is believed that the Texas Navy will better be able to coordinate with the Texas Army due to this move. Initial reports indicate that the Texas Navy will focus on building and training new wings of the F-35 carrier based multi-role fighter.

The Texas Army today also announced the formation of the Texas Corps of Engineers. Currently consisting of only one brigade of engineers, they have a mandate to expand to 49 brigades for operations within the home borders of Texas. More brigades may be formed in order to support any possible future military action.

The Texas military today were called to duty for reorganization purposes. The majority of the units were directed to the border with Mexico as that is currently the largest perceived threat. Upon reaching their duty stations, the Governor has promised that the men and women of the armed forces will be stood down for the forseeable future.

According to government sources, the armed forces of Texas, while substantial, are not as technologically advanced as desired. The Texas Navy is also very light on ships and aircraft at the moment. Plans to increase the naval forces of Texas are in the works.

Naval Vessels consisting of...
2xSSN-773 Improved Los Angeles Class Attack Submarines
1xCAR LHD-1 Wasp Class Helicopter Carrier
2x FFG-7 Oliver H. Perry Class Frigates
1x LSV-1 Frank S. Besson Class Landing Ship
1x LPD-17 San Antonio Class Landing Ship
1x AKE-1 Lewis & Clark Resupply/Transport Ship

Ground forces consisting of...

1 Engineering Infantry Brigade(1st unit of Texas Military Corps of Engineers)
2 heavy supply trucks
4 self-propelled artillery
4 self-propelled MLRS batteries
4 towed artillery

All foot-based units are reserved until such time as they will be donated to a nation in need.
18 M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tanks
1 M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks
13 M60A3 Patton Tanks
5 M3A4 Recon Units
15 M2A4 Bradley IFV Infantry
3 M1126 Stryker ICV Infantry
10 M113A3 APC Infantry

June 18, 2020

Military Goods shortage reported. Governor Graygan understands this is a temporary shortage due to requirements of the armed forces for ammunition resupply. The situation should rectify itself in a matter of days at most. All Alliance requests agreed to. Large swaths of our border are now secure. What the future of the former United States is remains to be seen.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

tkobo wrote:A new Texas ?This means they have a chance to get barbecue right this time ! :lol: :P
Pfft... They have a very good barbecue, even if it is a tomatoe based sauce. Personally I prefer a good vinegar/brown sugar BBQ sauce myself.

On another note... I've dropped the whole New Texas thing. It's a bit unwieldy when talking about the New Texas Military. Easier to just do the Texas Military.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

June 21, 2020

All units except those headed to Westernmost holdings are back in reserve. Current income is $529 million per day. A positive cash flow is a good thing. The people are not very happy about it at the moment, but the public is fickle. Governor Graygan believes they will come around soon enough.

June 24, 2020

Not unexpectedly, the dastardly Mexicans have declared war upon Texas. Texan resolve is strong. We will defeat these honorless dogs and bring them to proper civilization, even if we have to kill them all to do it.

June 25, 2020

First breakthrough at Ciudad Jaurez successful. Elements of the Texas Army have broken through into the Northern Desert areas of Mexico capturing Nuevo Casas Grandes without a shot and pushing back the Mexican forces. On this day, Mexico also declared war upon California.

It has been decided to send the Western forces through the desert to link up with Californian forces in Baja. Once that is accomplished, the Texas forces will work their way South along the Western coast of Mexico. With the combat ensuing in North Eastern Mexico, there are not enough forces for a concentrated push on all cities in the Mexican desert, so it's decided to form a stable front in the central desert area while pushes along both coasts of Mexico are made. Eventually the goal of capturing Ciudad de Mexico will be realized.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

July 4, 2020

After having lost 165k square kilometers of land and 15,486 military personnel, Mexico has rethought their position on War with Texas. 16 Mexican units have so far been destroyed outright against 0 Texan units with only 718 Texan lives lost in the Mexican Aggression. An appeal for peace has been made. Governor Graygan responded with "The Alamo will be remembered. You brought this upon yourselves, Surrendor or die."

Needless to say, the Mexican authorities decided to continue hostilities for the time being.

At the same time, it's been noted that fully half the world is engaged in war.

WWIII has been initiated.

August 3, 2020

With the war in Mexico advancing slowly but surely, the former state of Washington has decided to throw its hat in the ring. With a rousing speech, Governor Graygan calls the Washingtonians "Yellow-bellied pansies" but admits that due to the distances and diplomatic difficulties, it will probably be easier to negotiate a peace. He did not mention whether the Texas armed forces had the men and material to spare for a war so far away. Sources indicate that we do not which is probably a large factor in the Governors decision to sue for peace with Washington.

August 4, 2020

Peace with Washington declared world-wide. This diplomatic solution to the problem has garnered New Texas much world-wide acclaim.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

August 12, 2020

Southern Germany apparently feels that an alliance with Texas is in order. Governor Graygan was overheard saying to his cabinet that having friendly eyes and ears in Europe might not be a bad thing. A counter-offer including friendly economic agreements was offered and accepted.

September 7, 2020

Busy in councils with the Texas Armed Forces, Governor Graygan waited a full 2 days before commenting on the fall of the former United State of Virginia. "Forces from North Carolina, Maryland, and Kentucky removed the government of Virginia two days ago. This marks the first internationally recognized government of the world to fall in what is being termed as WWIII. It is regrettable that so many civilians lost their lives in that little war and my condolences go out to the families of the lost ones."

September 20, 2020

The assault on the suburbs of Ciudad De Mexico is well under way. 16,474 Texan Military personnel have lost their lives to this point. Mexican forces have lost 121,401. The only nation that has lost more military personnel is North Korea. While California has accounted for some of the Mexican losses, the vast majority have fallen while facing the brave New Texas Army and Navy.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

November 17, 2020

The house to house fighting through the sprawling city of Ciudad De Mexico and environs is proceeding slowly due to commanders' concerns for the welfare of their personnel and material. However, International recognition for the righteousness of our cause has materialized in the form of UN Military Advisors. It is hoped that with their aid, we will be able to increase the abilities of our troops on the ground.

To date, Texas has lost 7 brigades, a mix of infantry and tank units. This was due to the over-zealousness of their commanders in pushing to achieve their goals. 22,282 service-men and women have given the ultimate sacrifice for their reborn nation. Mexico has sacrificed 265 brigades, 233 to Texas fire. They have also lost 148,168 uniformed personnel. Civilian casualties have been all on the Mexican side of the border. These regrettable deaths can all be laid at the feet of the Mexican Armed Forces as they refuse to evacuate civilians while fighting house to house, street to street. These actions on the part of the Mexican Military only further show the Mexican Governments uncaring attitude towards their people. It is only a matter of time until La Raza rise up against their government and force them to end this war. Civilians all over liberated Mexico have been calling for the Mexican Government to cease this conflict and turn over governance to Texas.

October 24, 2020

In a rare coincidence, The same moment elements of the New Texas army were securing Ciudad de Mexico, the government of North Korea fell. The majority of former North Korea was occupied by South Korea. Small portions of North Korea also went to Eastern Siberia and Manchuria. It is believed that the war between South Korea and Manchuria will now intensify. Hours later, Mexican Government officials attempting to flee the area are mobbed by angry citizens. The bodies of some of the officials were recovered. None were identifiable except through DNA. Citizen groups throughout the former nation of Mexico approached Texas with surrender offers and a desire to join Texas and form a great nation.

In the course of this 4 month war, 8 brigades and 23,407 New Texan lives were lost. Governor Graygan vows to increase the technological abilities of New Texas so that such great loss of life will not need to happen again.

During the next few days, the government has announced that it will be consolidating the military units from Mexico that turned themselves in and sending the Texan Military in for some well-deserved R&R. At the same time, the former military units of Mexico, largely garrison units, will be disbanded and sent to reserve status. The equipment of these units will be considered for use by the Texas Military. Any not up to par will be considered for donation to some needy nation elsewhere in the world.

The borders of Texas have expanded greatly. Most of Baja, separated from the mainland by California and Arizona stretching all the way down to Guatemala and Belize. It is hoped fervently by all in the new nation that further hostilities will not be initiated for some time to come.

Once the military has been organized, 3 full divisions(4 tank brigades and 3 infantry brigades) of troops will be sent South to the Guatemalan and Belize borders on the off-chance that they become aggressive. The Naval forces will be put into reserve on both sides of New Texas in as central a location as possible in order to respond to aggression from any direction.

Naval Air forces will be sent North to guard against the border with New Mexico which is showing alarming tendencies of aggression towards Texas.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

October 25, 2020

With a population increase of nearly 500%, the state of the economy has improved quite a bit. Tax rates and social spending will remain the same for the time being. Inflation has dropped to -2.5% That will increase over time as building towards total self-sufficiency increases. Now that hostilities have ended, more attention can be paid to the economy as well. Continued building will slowly increase as more Engineers are brought on-line.

November 1, 2020

In a strange twist, Governor Graygan today announced that New Texas was in the process of giving away obsolete military equipment along with supplies to West Germany. International reaction was muted but surprised. There are no diplomatic ties between West Germany and New Texas at all. Some wonder why these units weren't donated to one of our Allies.

*Giving units, cash, and supplies away to my future enemies at this stage makes it easier for them to become strong and conquer their nearby foes. This will enable me to have a much stronger and more competent foe when I finally make my way over there. I will probably give stuff away to West Germany, South Africa, and India. One of the chinas or South Korea will also benefit, but I have not made up my mind on which one yet. That is all in the future. I still need to focus on consolidating the Americas as well as getting my research and armed forces to a higher level.*

Donations to West Germany

19 Frigates captured from Mexico
3 Patrol Craft captured from Mexico
7 Transport ships
248 Land Launched Missiles of various types
65 Air Launched Missiles of various types
42 Naval Launched Missiles of various types
34 Sub Launched Missles of various types
4 Helicopters
12 Patrol/Awacs
5 Transport Aircraft
2 Conscripts
5 Foot-based Anti-Tank
5 Captured Mexican Artillery
5 Wheeled AA
8 Foot-based AA

20 billion cash
400k Agriculture
1 million Petroleum
500k Metal Ore
100k Uranium
25k Military Goods

More will be donated as items are produced. Atm, my stocks are too low to donate much. However, it should be enough to help West Germany get going better.

November 2, 2020

Botswana falls today.

November 12, 2020

Arizona Falls to Californian Forces today.

In other news, New Mexico has been removed from the United Nations. Discussions within the UN are leading towards UN intervention in the removal of the rogue government of New Mexico.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

November 16, 2020

Former Mexican research scientists have been vetted and are now hard at work advancing the scientific know-how of Texas. They've been assigned Trimaran Military Vessels as their first project. It is hoped to have another 6 research centers online within the next year to 18 months. This will depend upon the ability of the Corps of Engineers to build Texas up to full self-sufficiency first.
Attack1.jpg
In other news, UN discussions have come to a vote. It is to be war with the rogue government of New Mexico. Fully authorized by the UN to pursue military objectives, Texas Military units crossed the border today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Graygan on Nov 09 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

November 17, 2020
NationDeath5.jpg
Proving how corrupt their government was, the leadership of New Mexico fled mere hours after the first incursion of New Mexican units into their territory. Upon their vacating the government, the New Mexican military units defected en masse to Texas. While Kansas and California claimed some of the territory, the vast majority of New Mexican Territory and all remaining New Mexican military units were deemed by the UN to be the rightful property of New Texas. Most of the remaining units were air units of one type or another, including a wing of B-2 Stealth bombers. This addition significantly increases the power of the New Texas Naval Air arm.

With the addition of the New Mexican research facility, it is decided to begin study on the Green Beret II unit design. However, in order to do this, we first need to perfect our Anti-Personnel Munitions technology.

December 9, 2020

Illinois falls.

January 15, 2021

War against Colorado. In response to further aggressive moves against our Allies, we today declared war on Colorado and troops have begun movement into Colorado Territory in support of Kansas and Californian troops.

February 1, 2021
Research1.jpg
Our first Reasearch project has been finished today. Dark Matter Theories which will allow us to be more efficient with future research. All current conventional missile designs have been sent to the research facilities for consideration. These are to be worked on after the more important projects previously ordered are done.

February 4, 2021
NationDeath6.jpg
Today the former United State of Colorado surrendered to Texas forces. The leaders of this once great state fought hard and honorably. However, when it was clear that they could no longer win, they honorably surrendered. There will be no investigations into war crimes and the former leaders of Colorado will not be prosecuted or persecuted. They have agreed to retire quietly to live out the remainder of their lives teaching, lecturing, and writing books on the fall of the United States and the rise of the New World Order.

February 11, 2021

For reasons that are unknown and unclear, the former Canadian Province of Ontario has declared war upon New Texas this evening. Due to the difficulty for each nations military arm to meet on the field of battle, negotiations for a quick peace settlement have begun.

February 12, 2021

24 hours after war was declared, Ontario agreed to a peace treaty without the need for reparations on either side. Once again, leaders around the world praise Governor Graygan for his willingness to seek peaceful solutions.

February 20, 2021

The first 6 of 12 research centers went online today. Government sources stated that research into various military hardware designs will be the primary focus to start with. Conventional Missiles followed closely by Naval designs of various types. After that research into other military designs and military technologies will ensue.

March 29, 2021

The final 6 of 12 new research centers were opened to the scientists today. A long list of military designs and technologies await their work. At the same time, the Urban Renewal technology was finished. This technology will be of extreme importance in the continued upgrading of the New Texas economy.

April 15, 2021

Israel held on for quite some time, but today they were unable to hold on any longer. Without aid from allies, their economy tanked and they were unable to supply their military units which were then slaughtered. Jews around the world mourn the loss of their brethren and the state of Israel. The UN has vowed to reconstitute the Isreali state some time in the future after the current world crisis is over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

May 13, 2021

Secret negotiations between New Texas and West Germany have led to substantial monetary donations as well as other unknown contributions to the nation of West Germany. What Texas has received in return, aside from international condemnation for dealing with a rogue state is unknown. Alliance with West Germany is apparently not the goal, though they have agreed to share all situational military knowledge(line of sight and full transit treaties).

*Just a continuation of my policy of aiding my future enemy. Gave them all my technologies/unit designs and a hair short of 70 billion in order to help them increase their ability to take over Europe before I get there*

*side note... Just got offered a nation specific design from the UN, Leopard 1A4 tank, Germany only. Interesting. So that's why I see nation specific designs in other nations where they don't belong. Wish I'd remembered to take a screenshot. Oh well.*

July 4, 2021

Elements of the Wisconson Armed Forces today forced the remaining units of Ohio to surrender. The former United State of Wisconson has increased their land, population, and armed forces holdings by a significant amount. Developments in this area of the former United States bear watching.

August 20, 2021
Utah2.jpg
Today Utah angered the World once again by unjustly declaring war on yet another nation. They are currently at war with 15 nations and allied with 15. Their allies have kept them from being removed from the UN, but only by the skin of their teeth.

Texas Armed forces units are being put on alert and positioning themselves on the border in preparation for possible conflict. Governor Graygan has issued an ultimatum to Utah. "Cease hostilities or face the righteous wrath of Texas in the defense of our Allies."

August 21, 2021

Utah today declined, in no uncertain terms, to cease hostilities. In response, Texan military units crossed the border and began operations against Utah.

Sept 5, 2021
Utah3.jpg
Today, the Deseret government fled into exile. They fought bitterly, nearly to the last man. The only military units to lay down their arms were handful of garrison troops within the capitol. All other air and land units had to be destroyed to the last man. Given the strength of belief that Mormons have, this outcome was not unexpected. However, the Mormons will not be persecuted for this. They are to be admired for their dedication. Now to get them to dedicate themselves to the greatness that is Texas. Utah territory was mostly ceded to New Texas. Nevada received some empty desert and roads. Texas received all built up areas as well as most of the land area, as well as the great salt lake.

A few hours later, the former United State of Kentucky fell due to action from Georgia(US state), West Virginia, and Alabama.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

September 26, 2021

Jordanian military forces today forced the surrender of Syria which also includes a portion of the former Isreali lands. Jordan appears to have quite a presence building up within the Middle East now. It remains to be seen how far they can push their luck.

*I have decided upon turkey as the next nation I will help expand. They've got no allies, are not in the UN, and are at war with many others. Despite this, they have a positive cash flow, no debt, 30% DAR, and have pushed somewhat into Bulgaria and Jordan. They will receive the benefit of all my technologies as well as a cash infusion of roughly 100 billion. That will bring my total aid to future enemies up to roughly $1 trillion plus units, techs, and resources.*

September 28, 2021

Tennessee, former state of the United States fell today.

October 3, 2021

East Germany today fell to forces from West Germany and Poland who apparently were too busy fighting each other to pay much attention to the remaing East German forces. With this capitulation, West Germany has gained even more of Europe to dominate.

October 18, 2021

Green Beret II unit design was finally finished researched today. Just 3 days before 9 fabs finish up a run of heavy-supply trucks. I do not yet have a decent cargo plane for dropping them onto enemies researched, but that will come in time. Both the V-44 Stork and 747-400ER Boeing jet are in the research queue. At the moment, it is of no matter. I have more than enough forces for my current neighbors should they decide to get frisky. Nevertheless, I will begin construction of 90 Green Beret IIs to be put into reserve until such time as I can make use of them.

January 1, 2022

At the beginning of the new year, I will review the current status of Texas. In the last 1.75 years(from start of game) we have prosecuted 4 wars, 3 initated by us. We have attained a 30% DAR which is enough to win an election when the time comes. The military is very happy due to our increase in military buildings through capture as well as the groundwork being laid down for an increased military growth later on. We've broken 1 trillion in the cash reserves despite over 1 trillion being given away to both Turkey and West Germany not to mention the hundreds of millions worth of resources and units.

Both West Germany and Turkey have all the same technologies and unit designs that we do with the exception of Green Beret II. I will not give those to them because the AI will build them, but not use them properly.

We have achieved self-sufficiency and are in the process of building up to be able to support a population of 2 billion+. At the same time multiple military locations are being prepared for the eventual building of 35 land fabs, 15 air fabs, and 200+ missile fabs. 28 Naval fabs(2 already in operation captured from Mexico, 15 on each coast) were laid down a mere 4 days ago and are slowly building as I type this. Our borders reach from Idaho/Wyoming in the North down to Guatemala/Belize in the South. The Baja peninsula in the West to the borders of Louisiana in the East. Texas currently holds sway over 2,389,504 square kilometers of land with a population of 131,540,512. Immigration is currently at 1,561,959/year with emigration at a mere 80,768/year. 2,927,317 people are born in New Texas every year while 1,426,490 die. These last two numbers, of course, will change for the better as new technologies are learned in the years ahead.

Economically, we are making between -600m to +2.5 billion per day depending on how much building is going on. Our GDP/C is 39,675. Our Inflation is at 3.7%, though it will probably rise to 4.5% over the next week or so due to too much building. Unemployment is holding steady at 4.9%, though that number will drop as more military buildings are completed and more personnel are co-opted into the military. It shouldn't drop much more than 4% total, though. At that point, I will probably have completed building all the military buildings and will likely be looking to provoke a war to bring more population into the nation.

Our military forces consist of...

172 total units...

Ground Elements
55 Engineers(6 on the front lines, 49 speeding up construction)
37 Infantry of various types(about 1/3 obsolete units, 9 Green Beret II)
29 Tanks of 3 different types(1 M1A2, the rest fairly equal between M60A3 and M1A2)
6 Recon units(1 obsolete captured from Mexico)
8 Heavy Supply Trucks

Naval Elements
2 Improved Los Angeles Class Subs
1 LHD-1 Wasp Carrier
1 DD-963 Spruance Destroyer(captured from Mexico)
2 FFG-7 Oliver H. Perry Frigates
1 LPD-17 San Antonio Landing Ship

Air Elements
5 F-15C/J-Kai Interceptors
2 F-5E Tiger II Fighter/Bombers
2 F-117A Nighthawk Fighter/Bombers
2 F-16C Fighter/Bombers
1 F/A-18C Multi Fighter
3 F-22A Multi Fighters
1 F-35A Multi Fighter
8 F-35C-CV Multi Fighters
1 B-1B Strategic Bomber
1 B-2A Strategic Bomber
2 C-130J Transport Aircraft
1 MV-22 Transport Aircraft
1 KC-130F Refueling Aircraft

In our four wars, we have destroyed 376 units and lost 10. Of those 10, a couple were aircraft, 2 heavy transport trucks in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the rest a mix of tanks/infantry. A total of 32,954 military personnel lost due to enemy action. We currently have 9 land fabs(6 captured), 2 Air fabs, 2 naval fabs(captured) and 5 missile fabs(1 captured). 28 more naval fabs are being built. After that, missile fabs will start going up, 6 at a time until at least 126 are built. During that time we will also build 15 air fabs and dismantle the current 2. A buildup of naval, air and missile forces will ensue. In the meantime, the 9 land fabs will continue to churn out mostly infantry, but some tanks(M1A5s as soon as the research is done). As the land forces are modernized, the old units will be mothballed and given to West Germany and Turkey. It will be four years until our navy is strong enough to be called a navy. At that time we will have an adequate fleet on both coasts in order to respond in any direction by sea. We should also have advanced our technology so that we will be building far better ground and air units. This will enable us to conduct amphibious operations successfuly at that time.

Our technology level is currently 112. We are neck and neck with Japan. However, we should pull ahead eventually. West Germany, Massachusetts, and England are right behind us at tech level 111. West Germany should keep pace fairly well, due to our sharing technology with them and their capture of several research buildings.
Graygan
Colonel

Post by Graygan »

February 4, 2022

Oregon fell today.

February 5, 2022

Word from the continent of Africa... Today the nation of the Congo fell.

February 14, 2022

St. Valentines day was not very loving for the people of Missouri today as their government left the country while their armed forces gave up the fight.

March 9, 2022

Florida fell to the forces of Georgia(US State) and Alabama. The vast majority of the surviving floridian forces defected to Georgia. As a result, Georgia is now a minor naval power. Along with its former Kentucky holdings, Georgia appears poised to be a power in the old American South.

May 1, 2022

West Virginia today fell to the increased military might of the former United State of Georgia. They are truly gaining some ground in the Southwest of the former United States. Whispers amongst the halls of power in Texas wonder if we might have to face off against them someday.

In other news, 28 shipyards were completed today bringing the New Texas Naval production capability up to a maximum of 30 ships being built at any one time. Foreign analysts worry that this buildup may adversely affect international relations. The Texas Navy began a massive recruiting drive today as well. Apparently they have a need for more personnel to fully operate all the new Naval yards. The Navy denies this and points towards the keels of 10 new Iowa Class Battleships. However it has been observed that there is a minimum of activity in 2 of the new Naval Yards.

Questions have been raised about the viability of Battleships in modern naval combat, especially with old designs like the Iowa Class. However, the Navy was quick to point out technological advances which make the class much more powerful. This is especially true since they are new ships, as opposed to the ones the old United States had mothballed for the last several decades. Sources within the Navy indicate that there are plans to build a strong modern navy including advanced destroyers, cruisers, carriers, subs, transport ships, and other battleship classes. This buildup will take 3-6 years, but will result in other nations respect instead of the current international ridicule our Navy is currently subject to.

May 8, 2022

The Texan Military moved to DefCon 3 today as a result of an unexpected declaration of war. The former United State of Michigan declared war on Texas. Speculation is running rampant, however most believe that this was done in some sort of misguided attempt to force the nation into bankruptcy. Governor Graygan stated that diplomats had been immediately dispatched in order to attempt a peaceful resolution to the problem. He has high hopes for a quick and peaceful outcome to this perplexing situation.

May 9, 2022

24 hours after the declaration of war, Governor Graygan announced that Michigan quickly succumbed to international pressure. An agreement for a peaceful cease-fire and a return to status quo ante was agreed to. Texas is once again at peace.

June 9, 2022

The Serbian Republic quietly passed into history today.

June 20, 2022

The Republic of Ireland today finally reclaimed Northern Ireland as their own. For the first time in living memory, the island of Eyre is united and free to rule itself.

*Just for the heck of it, I gave Ireland 51.2 billion cash, several days worth of each resource it can't make itself, and every single tech/design I have except Green Beret II. Hopefully they'll actually make some use of what I gave'em and launch an effective amphibious assault somewhere. It make take'em a few ears to do it, but it'd be fun to see.*

A matter of hours later, West Germany was finally able to force the surrender of Belgium/Luxembourg. At war with all their neighbors save Southern Germany, it took them quite some time. They have been beating back all advances and slowly advancing themselves into each opposing nation. With this development, there is one less group of armed forces occupying the attention of West German forces.

July 7, 2022

Paris fell to the English today. The majority of Parisian lands went to England, but quite a bit was split up between Barcelona, Marseille, Switzerland, and West Germany. Since most of these nations are at war with each other, the former Parisian people will not be able to rest easy just yet.

*Today I chose South Africa and Southern China to aid like I've aided Turkey and West Germany. Neither nation was in need of cash or resources, but I did give them all my technologies and designs except the Green Beret II design. There are now 5 nations I am helping in this way. By the time I get to that part of the world, it is my hope that they will have kept pace with me and provide at least a bit of a challenge when I face off against them.*

July 9, 2022

The entire nation tuned in to watch the dedication of the new Orbital Space Port outside Houston today. Governor Graygan stated that even in the midst of war, we should never lose sight of our drive for knowledge of the final frontier. According to the Government, there is a heavy backlog of scientific, commercial, and military satellites that need to be launched. Due to the strife around the world, many nations have requested permission to use the new facilities in Houston. Negotiations are on-going.

Return to “After Action Reports”