singleplayer,US,no unit lost,no man lost,missile war attempt

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

singleplayer,US,no unit lost,no man lost,missile war attempt

Post by tkobo »

The game is i think set up for the most favorable possible outcome in relation to the goals.

Single player
Global crisis map
US
settingsmiswar.JPG

Okay,im going to make another try at this, as it seems reasonably possible with the recent changes.

The goal will be to win a world conflict,under alliance victory conditions,without lossing a single unit OR even man.With the greater majority of the war fought with missiles only.

All allies must survive til they are no longer allies (i expect a few to drop alliances during the wars, as ill have to atatck regions i have no belli on sooner or later).

All fighting by me on foreign soil must be done with missiles,or unmanned units.
All fighting on national soil (includes any land that gets annexed) must also be done with missiles,or unmanned units.
Exception,depending on definition of soil, is naval battles,which may include subs.This is for one large reason,i need them as launchers.

I expect a circa 10 year built up.I want to have as close to 1000 missile build as possible and top missiles.

Allies should include:
Georgia the State (will work to keep as ally)
Japan
England (will work to keep as ally)
Taiwan
India
South Korea
Malta
Canada (will work to keep as ally)
Mexico (expected to drop alliance along the way)
Cuba (expected to drop alliance along the way)
Poland
Israel (will work to keep as ally)
Ukraine
Australia
Portugal
Kuwait (expected to drop alliance along the way)

Plan will be to secure (for the moment at least) borders with alliances.Then do best to keep Canadian alliance, and deal with others as they require.

I will support allies in their wars with unit trades,tech trades,resource and cash trades, and missile and unmanned combat attacks.I may fly some supply sorties to support allies against regions i am NOT at war with myself.At least til ive supplied them with their own good supply air units.
Right now im looking at one UAV helicopter, and one UAV bomber.neitehr would i normally throw into combat, as they are NOT very good :lol:

Dont expect to use these much,unless i have to supplement my own defense of my own land.That defense will be mostly dependant on missiles.Aerial recon and missile platforms are set to protect borders from any incursions.
BUT as they may fail to stop some,the UAV helis and bombers will act as the last line.With subs possibly becoming involved in naval combat for defense of my borders.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Re: singleplayer,US,no unit lost,no man lost,missile war attempt

Post by tkobo »

K, ten year mark is here, and ive met enough goals to start.Ill put up some pics showing current conditions.
Conditiont before first war declaration
missile.JPG
missile1.JPG
Idea of what borders look like
missile2.JPG

Plan is to go a war at a time.First theatre will be middle east.
I have two allies there,Israel and Georgia.Both are currently at war with Iran, and Iran is at war with circa 8 other regions.So thats where ill start.
I have 100% beli against them, and Georgia is already at the gates of Tehran,so it will be a good first test.

Local conditions

First strikes will target barracks,then military fabs,airfields,units, and if they dont fold, cities.
I will use spys not only to recon, but as markers so i know what ive targeted and not.

Missiles will consist of Trident IIIs.

Im leaving piers alone,in the hope that those that can will launch amphib assault attempts against my region.

Subs have to move to the islands west of Portugal,for range purposes.War declared dec 11,2029.Subs issued move order to islands.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Re: singleplayer,US,no unit lost,no man lost,missile war att

Post by tkobo »

4 stacks of SSBN-735 Pennsylvanias reach their positions in allied waters on dec 24,2029.

Strike set for dec26th.

And so ,the steel rain began to fall...

Thousands of tridents rain down upon the Iranian military.Soon, they lack all fabrication,most barracks ( i think one is still out there i cant find :P ), and most of their air force as it was lost running for safe bases while terminally low on fuel.
Last edited by tkobo on Feb 10 2011, edited 6 times in total.
Chuckle TM
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Post by sa_3_d911 »

tkobo wrote:POST IN WORKS

4 stacks of SSBN-735 Pennsylvanias reach their positions in allied waters on dec 24,2029.

Strike set for dec26th.

[insert movie clip]
i personally would be very very amazed if you could actually pull that off ,although i think it is near impossible as it will require a lot of micro manging the missiles so that no many are lost in the air but we'll see
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel

MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Circa 5 months in,missiles down to half stock (circa 6k),Iran mar down circa 20pts,Georgias push picking up speed.
missile9.JPG
As the pic shows, Georgia is now running a positive cash flow at defcon 1,and has plenty of oil and military goods to boot.

Missile use has been higher than expected,due to amount of facilities that took extra pounding to destroy.I firnly feel this is terrain caused, as ALL the facilities that took 3x+ missiles to destroy shared a common terrain type.
When the Taphius missiles start to flow into inventory,it will get much easier.

Due to the way destruction of barracks now works, i have a zero kill count :lol: But in reality have destroyed easily over 300 Iranian units.When the new missile come into use, i will be able to target units as planned,and my kill count will start to soar.

Almost got a spy killed, which would have been very bad.
Chuckle TM
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

I hope you succeed in this. It is just difficult to achieve the no unit casualty goal, but also the "no man" casualty one seems almost impossible. Will be following your AAR with interest.
I have also began a new game with the update 6 in the hope to achieved the "no unit casualty" goal, but i like warfare too much to just restrict myself to missiles, so i guess i will drop the "no man" goal :lol: .

Can you give us an overview of your military? Also, the air units along your border, are they unmanned (don't seem so)?
And... how did you manage to make Georgia such a military power? I guess you gifted them hundreds of units...

Nice one, keep the updates and i wish you the best, hopefully you succeed :-) .
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Yes, almost all the units i have deployed are Unmanned.From the x-45b darkstars and the reconoiters watching my borders, to the backup Hummingbird unmanned helis to deal with any breakthrus should they occur.

There doesnt seem to be a unmanned sub,so those are manned.And already had an encounter with an enemy naval unit,but killed it before it got a shot off.My launching spot apparently wasnt quite far enough off the path :lol:

As for Georgia,yes hundreds of units,hundreds of billions in cash and goods to this point.Same with Israel.Fortunately Georgia is now a stand alone powerhouse fighting Russia, Iran, and other regions on multiple fronts and winning.They no longer require infusions.

Israel is on the other hand hard pushed and still requiring help.They will benefit from my next war most likely.

I currently have about 640 units deployed, about 40 of those are subs.the rest are all unmanned air units on border patrol.With about 200 more in reserve.

I am currently building 35 slav4-IIIs ,which i hand out to allies for their wars.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Reached the one year mark tonight.
I had hoped that the Iran war would be over by this,but Georgia turned its attention almost fully to Russia and Kazakhstan.Both of which its taken very large chunks of, and now has over 100 units tied up in the advance into.

Down to about 3k missiles.About 1 year from Taphius.which as mentioned before should allow me to go all out against enemy units.Should be about 7k coming off the line at once,with another 2K+ behind them.

Georgia now has the number 4 build cap, and has enough captured fabs reppairing to take the second slot.

Israel has now become almost self sustaining,only requiring outlays of oil once in a while.They are still fighting on 4 fronts,Turkey north,Iraq east,Egypt south, and Saudi south east.With over lap of course.

Ive been using my remaining missiles sparringly, as they are few facility targets worth the time in Iran.And til Goergia turns it attention back that way, or i get the Taphius,theres not much i can do thats worth the cost there at the moment.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

During the posting above, Gerogia finally turned its attention back to Iran.Onyl a small force of about 12 units, and some of them heavy supply trucks,but with missile support they took Tehran.
missile10.JPG
missile11.JPG
missile12.JPG
As the last pic shows, every once in awhile Turkmenistan sends some air units over to the area, and since they are at war with both Iran and Goergia,they attack fast and head home. :lol:

I got a couple kill credits (2), and seriously hurt about a dozen more Iranian units that Georgian units than killed off.Iran should fall soon, and then i have to pick a new war.
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Yea I dont see 1,000 missle production being good enough. In my current game I am close to 7,000. And when I was at war with eastern europe I was still finding myself to run out of missles. Granted allot of them where wasted missles by overshooting. But since then I have worked out a better formula to send in spread out waves of bombings, that way 1,000 missles dont all go after the same target.

I have not had the chance to try out the tap in my current AAR, but I think I am only a couple months from having about 10,000 completed. geez they take forever to build. But using the trident 2's I was looking at having about 50 missles per barraks to destroy them. Granted I was shooting them in heave AA area's plus poor terrain. wait till you get out of those nice dessert area's of Iran. and into some heavy defensive terrian. Then you will really see how many missles are you going to need.

Going into my African campaign I have over 250,000 ATG missles and 150,000 GTG missles.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

7000 IS impressive,but i dont think ill need that many.I think between the Tap and allies,ill be able to use them effectively enough to be okay.I have the advantage of letting the allies do most of the fighting, and just using art to remove enemy facilities and kick the heck out of the enemy unts when the allies could use some help.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

In my war with Iran,i have discovered the Undead Capital.
undeadcapital.JPG
undeadcapital2.JPG
A tiny wittle missile strike removed the city,than when the star was still staying there,more strikes removed the facilities...BUT the hex is staying the capital :lol:
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Things took an umpleasant turn recently as Georgia and Israel ended up at war with each other.They are both committing large amounts of units, and trading them and hexes back and forth.
Its sad to see so many slavs 4s get killed off :-(

This means Iran is again free of combat, as Georgia is not committing any units against the,being at war at like 7 other fronts now :lol:

On the good news side, 3 months til Taps,then i can remove the few remaining Iranian units and end that war.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Taphius are definately good.About 1000 launch, and Iran no longer has a single city.They have about 15 or so facilities left scattered about, but thats it.
This should have made their region fall, but im guessing the undead capital is preventing it.

But since they have no supply left,every hex of theirs should now be lost due to supply creep.

So its time for a new target.

Turkey is it.They have a nice mass of units right by their capital, thats just begging for a missile strike ,or 6 :lol:

That was a fast 180+ credited kills :D

And just like that,Turkey no longer has any military production [_]O
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I may have just discovered something VERY cool.Im gonna test it a bit, and if its what i think,ill use it next war and vid it.
Chuckle TM

Return to “After Action Reports”