The American Empire

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Atlasmoral
Corporal
Human: Yes

The American Empire

Post by Atlasmoral »

I'm a big fan of Supreme Ruler 2020, I've been reading AAR on this forum for awhile and thought it'd be cool to finally register and start one of my own. :-) I'm gonna make posts as my game goes along and I welcome any input on my actions and ideas to make this AAR more interesting. This game will be played on Global Crisis Expansion on the World 2020 campaign as the USA. I hope you enjoy :D

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter I:A New Beginning
It is the year 2020 and Atlas has just been elected as the new President of the United States. While being a conservative, President Atlas immediately sets up a new moderate government to help him run the country. With his new Secretaries, Atlas sets the following priorities:

*To maximize production of all goods, for domestic and international sale.
*To eliminate all research projects, and start buying research internationally.
*To increase the treasury by decreasing spending and increasing revenues, all while keeping a balanced budget.
*To make alliances with any countries willing, prioritizing Russia and Saudi Arabia.
*To eliminate oil as a deficit on the budget within two years.
*To become self sufficient on all products, eventually turning them into export profit.

With these new policies America becomes a dominant international power, making alliances with several countries including Russia and Saudi Arabia. Foreseeing the Third World War on the horizon, President Atlas informs his government that if war were to start, America would fight only to defend its borders, not deploying any of its armies to fight overseas.

Chapter II: World War Three Breaks Out

World War Three begins, with fighting breaking out all across Europe, East Asia and the Middle East. While Atlas keeps his country out of the war, the GDPc drops a full 10%, forcing President Atlas to make some kind of decision. While his new policies did create a sharp increase in revenue, the treasury is still not large enough for any long term negotiations on exports. It becomes obvious that there needs to be an immediate change, since America could not currently supply ll of its own domestic products. As a result of these factors, plans are drawn up for an invasion of Canada.

On the first of February, American forces pour into Ontario with full force. The hope is that Canada will surrender once their Capitol City falls. In a matter ten days, most of Ontario is in American hands and the cities of Quebec and Ottawa have been occupied. After nearly two weeks of fighting, Canada surrenders and is annexed into the United States. Newfoundland is annexed by France.

With America now controlling most of North America, it has now secured its boundaries with only one border remaining in the south to defend. The oil situation has now improved although it is not cured. America has now turned military goods into its major export, which will not be a problem with the number of wars going on.

In Other News:

*Russia annexes Belarus
*The Second Korean War breaks out
*Germany and France invade their neighbors
*Israel fights a losing war against the Arabs
*Spain invades France

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter III: The Beginning of Empire

Since America's annexation of Canada, construction of several new oil, coal and military goods facilities has begun in Western Canada. However, the Third World War drags on with no end in sight. Several of these war, in President Atlas' eyes, will forever be in a stalemate. With the economy improving, Atlas concludes that there is no way for his country to heal the world, and that he needs to focus solely on the benefit of the American People. The annexation of Canada proved that expansion can be mutually beneficial to both America and its economy. As a result, President Atlas consults his government and they decide to adopt a new imperialistic foreign policy, emphasizing colonization. They come up with a plan to use economic and military tactics to create a global network of colonies, alliances and economic treaties to the benefit of the homeland. A grid was drawn up to show foreign policy priorities. Green marks an economic ally, while orange marks a potential colony.

A fleet is sent out to North Korea in an attempt to create a colony in east asia. Deployment and transportation is still underway. If that succeeds, a fleet will be sent to annex Singapore in order to create a base from which potential invasions in the middle east or western asia can be staged. Afterwords, Panama will be annexed, giving the US more control over military deployment in South America. There are also plans for the annexation of Norway, giving the US a big cut of the North Sea Oil.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________-

I posted this all from my laptop at work, the game is installed on my desktop so I wasn't able to do any in game screenshots this time around. Either way, I hope you enjoyed it so far :]
Ultimate_Waffle
Lieutenant

Re: The American Empire

Post by Ultimate_Waffle »

I do enjoy it, thanks. Keep up the good work, President Atlas.
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Re: The American Empire

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

Yeah nice, but some pics are always welcome
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.

Return to “After Action Reports”