Romania - a chance to shine

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Romania - a chance to shine

Post by Ragu »

Ilici Man wrote:well, after i take france i'll have a foothold in south america. i don't really have the fleet or experience necessary to mount and amphibious invasion. i'll probably take rep. ireland from north ireland after the elections though
Also France has a small set of colonies just north of New Zealand, so you have a foothold in the South Pacific, and they also have a small colony in the north, right next to Canada, so you have an expansive option for north america as well. Oh and a very small set of islands in the South African sea (Saint-Dennis).

I suggest you start to build a strong navy, as at some point you are going to need to make amphibious landings. They really are not that hard, just make sure you destroy the enemy navy and airforce first, then when your troops land you can keep a transport ship next to them to keep them supplied until they can take over a town/complex and start generation of their own supplies.
Ilici Man
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Ilici Man »

biggest problem right now is that my army is technologically inferior to most powerfull coutries around the world and i have to rely on numbers to get things done. it's a bit hard to achieve numerical superiority with a naval invasion.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Ilici Man wrote:biggest problem right now is that my army is technologically inferior to most powerfull coutries around the world and i have to rely on numbers to get things done. it's a bit hard to achieve numerical superiority with a naval invasion.
Dont think of it in that context. This is where a commander comes into his/her own. Set traps, use diversions to lure the enemy onto your trap. Armies, even if they are superior in quality, cannot defend or be offensive without supplies. Surround them, cut them off, bombard them. Do what you can without having to meet them head on.
Expect a war with a technologically advanced nation to be long and protracted. In fact for countires like the USA, it is better to be at war with them for years (even if you never have met them on the battlefield), because they eventually go bankrupt, which makes an easier invasion. The UN will give them bonds, but not forever. Once those have gone, they go into the red.

Be cunning and sly as a fox...
Ilici Man
Lieutenant

Post by Ilici Man »

well, that's possible only with big countries where you can find enough empty space to establish a foothold. But against small coutries with a large army that's pretty much impossible. my navy is small and uses old models so i can't really bomb them without losing alot and i can't bring enough units ashore in one wave to beat them back. it will be some time before my first real naval operation
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

Whatever you do, just have fun. :wink:
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
Ilici Man
Lieutenant

Post by Ilici Man »

Thanks. I plan to :D
Ilici Man
Lieutenant

Post by Ilici Man »

I have decided to postpone the campaigns I’ve presented so far. 4 countries are at war with us: Sweden, Portugal, Ireland and Iceland. I plan to take over the first two before the elections so we can get a better score. Our economy is back on track and we’re researching some interesting designs. But I don’t think we’ll really need them. I will begin both operations simultaneously with a bombing of enemy units in the style I used to crush Germany. After that I’ll begin the occupation phases.
Ilici Man
Lieutenant

Post by Ilici Man »

While the attrition of Sweden seems to be a long and hard struggle, Portugal gave up pretty quick and we actually managed to capture a significant chunk of the northern part of the country. We will now start an operation aiming at capturing Porto and the surrounding cities.

Operation Atlantic: Conquest of Portugal

The Portuguese have retreated most of their troops around Lisbon. We will attempt to take advantage of this and mount an invasion from the north. Our first objective is taking Porto and the surrounding region. After that we will continue moving south and take out the rest of Portuguese forces. Our first wave will be made exclusively of Special Forces.

12:00, 11th Feb 2032 – We began the operation
14:00, 11th Feb 2032 – Our first units have reached Braga
22:00, 11th Feb 2032 – Braga is ours
16:00, 12th Feb 2032 – We have engaged the enemy garrisons in Guimaraes
00:00, 13th Feb 2032 – We also engaged the enemy in Povoa de Varzim
04:00, 13th Feb 2032 – Guimaraes is ours
12:00, 13th Feb 2032 - Povoa de Varzim is captured. We have engaed the enemy in Penafiel and Maia
00:00, 14th Feb 2032 – We attacked Matosinhos
12:00, 14th Feb 2032 – Penafiel, Maia and Matosinhos are captured. We are attacking Porto
04:00, 15th Feb 2032 – We captured Porto and are attacking Vila Nova de Gaia
16:00, 16th Feb 2032 – We captured Vila Nova de Gaia and are attacking Aveiro
10:00, 17th Feb 2032 – We captured Aveiro and are attacking Ilhavo and Agueda
16:00, 17th Feb 2032 – We captured them and finished the first phase of the operation. We will now send our motorized units to capture the land between Porto and Lisboa
04:00, 23rd Feb 2032 – We reached the outer ring of cities around Lisboa but our force was too small and they were pushed back. We retreated north towards Porto and are awaiting reinforcements.
00:00, 1st Mar 2032 – Our reinforcements are here and we are renewing our offensive
22:00, 1st Mar 2032 – We captured Leiria and the airfield at Marinha Grande
12:00, 4th Mar 2032 – After heavy fighting we reached the outer cities around Lisboa
06:00, 6th Mar 2032 – We were again pushed back
00:00, 11th Mar 2032 – Portugal tried to recapture some of its lost land but we pushed them back and inflicted heavy casualties. We are now regrouping and preparing for the next push

00:00, 18th Mar 2032 – We’ve sent our air force in and tried another push
22:00, 20th Mar 2032 – We’ve captured the military installation near Lisboa
12:00, 25th Mar 2032 – We captured the village of Torres Vedras
16:00, 25th Mar 2032 – We have begun our attack on Lisboa
10:00, 30th Mar 2032 – We captured their capital. We are now waiting for the surrender
10:00, 31st Mar 2032 – Instead of surrendering they decided to move their capital to Oeiras. It won’t be long before it falls. A few days at the most
16:00, 4th Apr 2032 – We captured Oeiras. Let’s see if they move again.
18:00, 4th Apr 2032 – Portugal surrenders.

A long and bloody campaign. Most of the fighting was done in and around Lisboa. We lost a lot but I simply loved the way it played out. I was fought back twice and still managed to take them out. Just loved it. Losses amounted to 40 units on our side and 301 on the Portugese side. Now we are focusing our effort on Sweden.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I agree, the games where you are not sure you will win the battle are the best. I invaded Europe as Venuzeula once was ok till I reached Germany. Then Germany, Italy, UK and the rest declared on me. I was puched back to the Northwestern portion of France before I got a hold of the situation. The fact that I had imited myself to only 200 ground units did not help when Germany poured across the border with more tanks alone than I had ground units in my entire military.

As with most of my games it was Air Power that finally set things right! :)

If used correctly even older model aircraft can defeat a larger, more tech savy AI enemy.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Ilici Man
Lieutenant

Post by Ilici Man »

Operation Long Detour: Conquest of Sweden

We will invade Sweden. I have been bombing their units from the Finnish border and we will now make our first real move over their border. We will attempt to take over the air field at Lulea and the nearby barracks at Boden. A lot of Swedish units have retreated there for repairs and, if everything goes well will give the Swedish army a serious blow. Depending on the enemy response we will either retreat and start all over again or secure our foothold by taking over the power plants south of Kiruna.

Ilici Man
Lieutenant

Post by Ilici Man »

00:00, 26th May 2032 – We begin the operation
02:00, 28th May 2032 – The offensive is a flop. We got nowhere near our objectives. I decided to order a total retreat and prepare for another try.
12:00, 22nd Jun 2032 – After another bombing of Swedish units we are ready to renew our offensive
12:00, 23rd Jun 2032 – We have reached Lulea
08:00, 26th Jun 2032 – We finally captured Lulea. We are now moving on Boden.
18:00, 26th Jun 2032 – We captured Boden and destroyed a lot of enemy units that were undergoing repairs there. We now have a base from which to expand southward
14:00, 27th Jun 2032 – The enemy is attempting to mount a counter-attack
14:00, 2nd Jul 2032 – We have repelled the attack and we are beginning to advance again.

We will now continue our drive south and our next important objective is the military installation at Ostersund.

Ilici Man
Lieutenant

Post by Ilici Man »

18:00, 2nd Jul 2032 – We have captured Skelleftea
08:00, 3rd Jul 2032 – We captured Umea
22:00, 3rd Jul 2032 – We captured Ornskoldsvik
02:00, 9th Jul 2032 – We captured Sundsvall
16:00, 10th Jul 2032 – We have reached Ostersund
06:00, 12th Jul 2032 – We have captured the installation and it will provide an important base of operations for our capture of Stockholm

04:00, 17th Jul 2032 – We have reached Uppsala
08:00, 20th Jul 2032 – Our forces attacking Uppsala have been repelled. We are still attacking from the other side of Stockholm and have made some progress there
10:00, 23rd Jul 2032 – Our western attack has also failed. We are now regrouping for another try but it will take some time
02:00, 28th Jul 2032 – We won the elections with 40.9%. We are also making another attempt at taking Uppsala
06:00, 28th Jul 2032 – In a surprise attack we managed to take an almost undefended Uppsala. An important victory
00:00, 24th Aug 2032 – After incredibly heavy fighting we have reached Stockholm. But the war is far from over.
06:00, 3rd Sep 2032 – Troops advancing from the west have reached the military complex at Strangnas
02:00, 12th Sep 2032 – We have captured Strangnas.
12:00, 14th Sep 2032 – Stockholm is surrounded
14:00, 18th Sep 2032 – We captured the military installation at Malmslatt and destroyed Sweden’s air force. Stockholm stands alone now
06:00, 20th Sep 2032 – We’re beginning our final attack on Stockholm
14:00, 25th Sep 2032 – We finally took Stockholm. And two hours later the rest of the country surrenders.

It was the longest war we’ve ever fought and the losses were horrendous on both sides. The Swedes lost 552 units but also destroyed 190 of our own. Most of our losses came during the border fights and the approach on Stockholm. It was the worst situation we could imagine. From the north we had only two ways to approach the city, both over bridges and having to constantly engage in urban fighting and under a constant huge artillery and bomber barrage. Our air force was grounded after the first attempts and I was reluctant for long while to bring artillery into the fight. It’s a good thing that we finally solved this problem and the rest of the northern countries should not be a problem when we decide to take them out.
TheBulgarian
Warrant Officer

Post by TheBulgarian »

WE WANT MORE :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Macedonia
Is
Bulgaria
!!!
Humans evolved from apes,only the Macedonians evolved from the Bulgarians!!!
BULGARIA
UPON
ALL
New Mod Suggestion!SIGN UP
R3spaWn
Sergeant

Post by R3spaWn »

Gg man :)
i`m trying the same thing :)
but is very hard at the begging :(
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Good Read :) I did something like what you've done with Serbia except I pushed North rather than west... But I did it with super modern Russian Equipment :lol: Ukraine is full of resources like Uranium and Ores so if you ever attempt something like this again go North :D only bad side is it gives you a massive border with Russia.
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.

Return to “After Action Reports”