Democracy takes a stand!

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Democracy takes a stand!

Post by GIJoe597 »

Background:
2010: Russia announces plans for a new pipeline to deliver Siberian petroleum to China.

2011: China pushes for more control over some of the US corporations it effectively bailed out by buying large amounts of US debt. They are refused. China announces it will "review" its foreign debt policies.

2012: Russia and China announce shared military exercises.

2014: Information leaks that Russia is providing financial support and small arms to radical Russian ethic groups in the Baltic states and Rep. of Georgia.

2016: During the US Presidential elections, China announces it will drastically reduce its ownership of US debt. Financial markets spiral downward.

Led by Venezuela and Nigeria OPEC transfers from the Dollar to the Euro.

2017: The new US President announces trade restriction to allow US corporations to play on a fair playing field. Most Favored Nation trading status with China is revoked.

Strong US supporters, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar and Indonesia announce they are withdrawing from OPEC.

Amidst this turmoil the Ukraine announces it will not renew the Russian lease on the naval base at Sevastopol. This is where the Black Sea Fleet is based and of vital importance to Russia. They consider this a slap in the face an halt shipments of Natural gas to and through the Ukraine.

2018: Kim Jung Il dictator of N. Korea dies with no clear successor. Behind the scenes manipulation from China and Russia results in a New Leader being appointed who owes his career to them.

Brazil losses its new nuclear submarine while conducting trials in the Atlantic. Distant sonars hear multiple explosions but the only vessels in the area are a Venezuelan patrol boat and a Russian Trawler.

2019: Ukraine is accepted into NATO. Russia withdraws from the NATO-Russia joint council claiming NATO is trying to surround it with puppets.

Rumors surface that Russia and Venezuela are responsible for sinking Brazil's sub.

Japan - China - Russia sign a significant trade pact. Days later, Fox news breaks the story that buried in the details is a non aggression pact. This worries western analysts.

At the height of demand, winter, Russia ceases all shipments of natural gas and petroleum to Europe.

Internet denial of service attacks are launched all around the world, targeted at western and pro western nations. The attacks are on a scale never before seen.

Jan 1, 2020.
With a re-invigorated Russia, flush with petrol dollars and working in tandem with China, once again trying to influence world events The U.S.A. decides it must take a stand.

Game Objective: Play with a "cold war" mentality, try to influence who inherits the earth. I will support any country engaged in a war against;

Theocracies
Dictatorships
Communists

Goals
Become self sufficient in all categories
Become the largest exporter of arms in the world
Stay in UN and the worlds good graces
Make the U.S.A. the #1 economy in the world
Try to raise impoverished nations economies/living standards by freely giving tech designed to do just that.

I will only declare war on countries I have 100% CB against. If I am declared on, we will remove them from the map. We will send economic aid, humanitarian aid, military units as required to all allies.

Jan 3rd 2020
Turkey declares war on Iran

6th Pakistan declares on India

8th China declares on India

9th Update on world events

Iran/Turkey border stable, no fighting

Pakistan/India border, huge battles, towns changing hands

India/China, no organized combat yet

10th Mexico declares war on the U.S.A.

Huge mistake. I order all military fabrication facilities closed. We will fight with what we have. Having zero build capacity should help lower negative feelings around the world towards us.

Intel reports Mexico is known to be heavy in mechanized infantry and are very good at penetrating borders and checkpoints.

Immediately the 49 Fighter Wing, Holloman AFB, NM. and its F-22's are placed on war status.

3 Sq's of JSTARS are positioned along the border to provide continuous tracking of Mexican units.

Land forces make a run for the border. These will be the initial holding forces while offensive units are rallied.

20 Battalions of AAVP7A1 Alligators are ordered to the border.
15 Battalions of M60A3 Tanks
60 Battalions of M109A2 155mm arty

Naval units along the Eastern and Western coast sortie, all combat vessels on the gulf coast rendezvous at Corpus Christi naval yards.

Diplomatic front
We quickly review standings of our immediate neighbors. A few countries concern us.

Each one is reached out to diplomatically

El Savador:
Offered to open a Embassy, they indicated they would be agreeable if we would fund the construction and use only local contractors as this would help stimulate their economy. We agree and transfer $220.72m
The State department pointed out they are in need of Consumer Goods and Food, we send an aid package.

Nicaragua
Criminal Extradition
Water
Venezuela

Mexican forces capture Calexico and Brawley with a quick thrust.

The 49th FW is tasked to remove these units from American soil.

Naval units are engaged as they sortie from Chula Vista naval yards. They immediately launch anti ship missiles. With predictable results.

Several Mexican frigates make a run for the safety of their naval yards. Our subs are ordered to dispatch them.

Angola declares on Congo Dem. Republic. We will support Angola in this conflict as they are fighting a dictator.

We check with the state department to see what their needs are.
Water
Con Gds
Mil Gds
We immediately submit an aid package offering them daily quantities for 1 month

12th Mexican naval units spotted via JSTARS moving towards Corpus Christie and the oil derricks in that area.

14th S. Korea declares war on N. Korea

21st Brazil declared on Venezuela

25th Czech Republic asks for an alliance. At this time we have to decline.

25th Brazil declares war on Argentina

27th India DOW Bangladesh

29th Our naval units are ordered to capture the derricks of Mexico. An advance force of subs in sent in to clear the area.

Then surface ships move in.

Feb 2020
World Status

Angola vs Congo Dem. Rep.
Angola has managed to capture a large track of land extending north from their city of Aurimo to just south and west of the CDR's city of Tshikapa.

Turkey vs Iran
No fighting has occurred yet, both seem content to wait till sufficient forces are gathered before committing

India vs Pakistan, China and Bangladesh

China vs S. Korea
No action

N. Korea vs S. Korea

Brazil vs Argentina and Venezuela

U.S.A. Vs Mexico

6th Israel asks for alliance, we accept

13th Denmark asks for an alliance we have to decline at this time.

25th Germany asks for alliance, we accept.

27th Israel offers me $2,141m. Our economy has been somewhat ignored to this point. We accept.

Mar 2020

10th Russia DOW Poland

20th Mexico lands forces south of New Orleans. The 49th FW is tasked to remove them from US soil.

21st Turkey asks for alliance, I accept. We can use their war with Iran to build CB.

We re-task some sub forces to cover the entire Gulf coast of Mexico. We want to prevent this from happening again.

28th Mexico makes the mistake of trying to send another Amphibious assault.

May 2020

13th Foreign Aid package sent to Israel

14th France asked for alliance, we accept

23rd Republic of Georgia asks for alliance, we accept.

Jul 2020
14th Australia asks for alliance, we agree

Aug 2020

22nd UK proposed an alliance, we accept

Sep 2020

2nd Columbia seeks an alliance. We support the Monroe Doctrine and readily agree.

22nd S. Korea asks for alliance, we agree

Nov 2020

24th Cuba Dows U.S.A.
Dec 2020

1st Kosovo seeks an alliance. We have to decline at this time.

2nd Mexico falls to the U.S.A. Our forces sustained only 5 losses. Now for Cuba.

Jan 2021

Word Status

17th UN provides us advisers.

19th Taiwan is concerned about China. They ask us for an alliance. We agree.

Feb 2021

9th Italy asks for an alliance, we agree.

Mar 2021

31st Cuba falls to the forces of The U.S.A. We end with 6 losses, 911 kills as a result of both wars.

Aug 2021

22nd Alliance with The Bahamas

Nov 2021

25th We embark on a program to reduce our dependence on petroleum. There are currently 7 small and 430 large Petrol Power plants in the U.S.A. Our first step will be to order the dismantling of the small and 50 of the large. We will see how this affects our ability to keep the grid active and robust.

To offset the decrease in power we will commission Nuclear Power plants.

For historical purposes:

Electricity our cost $253 – market $257 Capacity: 16,063,903 MWh Demand: 9,177,422 MWh
Petroleum: our cost $134 – market $189 Capacity: 35,060,940 bbl Demand: 26,923,108 bbl

One day after ordering the scrapping:

Electricity our cost $248 – market $257 Capacity: 15,660,347 MWh Demand: 9,177,741 MWh
Petroleum: our cost $134 – market $189 Capacity: 35,060,332 bbl Demand: 26,197,692 bbl

30th 380 left. We order 50 more Petrol Plants dismantled.

Electricity our cost $248 – market $256 Capacity: 15,665,788 MWh Demand: 9,180,088 MWh
Petroleum: our cost $134 – market $189 Capacity: 35,075,452 bbl Demand: 26,211,454 bbl
Cons Gds: our cost $21,059 – market $27,019 we wish to see the result of decreased elect cost.

One day later;

Electricity our cost $243 – market $256 Capacity: 15,252,401 MWh Demand: 9,180,582 MWh
Petroleum: our cost $134 – market $189 Capacity: 35,076,740 bbl Demand: 25,469,524 bbl
Cons Gds: our cost $21,004 – market $27,014

One week later;

Cons Gds: our cost $20,987 – market $26,986

Dec 2021

9th 330 Petrol plants left. This time we order 100 dismantled.

One day later

Electricity our cost $233 – market $256 Capacity: 15,464,692 MWh Demand: 9,180,650 MWh
Petroleum: our cost $134 – market $188 Capacity: 35,107,452 bbl Demand: 24,039,940 bbl
Cons Gds: our cost $20,872 – market $26,971

One week later;

Cons Gds: our cost $20,848 – market $26,957

Dec 2021

20th 231 Petrol Power plants left. All are ordered dismantled. The working theory is, if it produces a shortage on power we will look to our allies to fill shortfalls until our nuclear power plants come on line. This has the added benefit of increasing their coffers also.

Since we came to power on Jan 1st 2020, we have been trading with our allies to the mutual benefit of all of us. Very soon we will step up that program. Our goal will be to trade as exclusively amongst ourselves as possible.

The first of every month we will set trades with each ally that should meet projected daily requirements of each party.

21st 1 day later

Electricity our cost $204 – market $255 Capacity: 12,559,894 MWh Demand: 8,994,695 MWh
Petroleum: our cost $134 – market $188 Capacity: 35,115,236 bbl Demand: 20,636,986 bbl
Cons Gds: our cost $20,514 – market $26,920

1 week later

Cons Gds: our cost $20,446 – market $26,882

Dec 2021

29th 39 Nuclear Power plants commissioned.

Jan 2022

World Update

China is making a large push into India

May 2022

19th Nuclear Power plants come online.

Electricity our cost $198 – market $264 Capacity: 16,161,163 MWh Demand: 9,779,552 MWh
Cons Gds: our cost $20,356 – market $26,229

By dismantling Petrol Power and replacing it with Nuclear Power, I lowered our Production cost on Electricity $55.

July 2022

1st Construction of 7ea CG-90 Texas Cruisers was started. Without causing too much of a spike in our build capacity we embark on an ambitious plan of modernizing our navy. The goal is to have 4 Battle Groups built around the new CVN-26 designs. The shipyards are researching the design now and it should be complete in some 400 odd days.
Battle Group composition will be:
1 CVN-26 (5 Sq's of F-35C-CV Lightning II JSF)
2 BB-16 Iowa
2 CG-90 Texas
2 DD-310 Western Sea

Each Battle Group will be supported by a replenishment fleet consisting of:
4 ea TAKR-287 Algol
3 ea FFG-48 Provinces

Two Bombardment Task Forces will deploy as needed:
2 BB-16 Iowa
2 CG-90 Texas
3 DD-310 Western Sea

Roaming ahead of any Battle Group will be 2 packs of Subs:
7ea S-210 Manta

It will take some time for our shipyards to deliver on this order, but we are patient.

Nov 2022

12th Angola is on the verge of being defeated. Their capital and the only fabs they have are being assaulted daily.

I gave them 7ea M1126 Stryker Inf Battalions to help. It was a waste. As soon as CDR assaults the barracks the newly arrived units deploy and are cut to ribbons as they have had no time to repair.

We switch tactics and transfer control of 2 battalions of M1129 Stryker Mortars. This are high reaction/fast firing defensive units.

We are following this very closely.

16th It is becoming apparent that no land force will make a difference. The assaults from CDR are non stop, All land units deploy heavily damaged and are destroyed. Since the Capital is coastal and all combat is currently taking place within 45km of the coast we will authorize 1 DDG-1000 Zumwalt be transferred to Angola.

In an effort to help alleviate internal demands we have transferred all techs relating to civilian passification and resource/production improvement.

Additionally all techs which will improve military effectiveness were given to them.

Total package value $129,239M.

Angola has graciously accepted our package, however they express concern over their ability to generate needed resources. We offer a trade of the following;
30 x daily Water 1,071
30 x daily C. Gds 1,662
30 x daily M. Gds 380 t

Time will tell if our efforts are worthwhile.

21st Angola sends a Btn of Tanks into CDR in the first offensive in months. We take note of their use of tanks and immediately authorize 7ea M60A03 be transferred.

CDR reacts swiftly to the Angolan tanks. They cut off its line of supply and attack. After destroying the tank Btn, CDR moves on the capital of Angola again. Angola deploy the Zumwalt and the 2 Fully repaired Mortar Btns!

The initial CDR wave is routed before they even reach the capital area.

25th CDR forces are rallying North of Angola's capital, they seem unsure how to meet this new threat. As a land locked nation they have no answer to the Zumwalt.

Dec 2022

1. Angola deploys one Btn of M60A3 north along the coastal highway.
2. CDR forces staged in the area converge on it.
3. The tank Btn is destroyed.

CDR forces then continue south and assault the military facilities just outside the capital of Angola. All Angolan forces are deployed for the battle.

The rapid firing Mortars swiftly remove two Btn's of Eng from the battle, 2 more move south and assault the facility. This leaves the highway clear and a single CDR tank Btn moves in.

Angolan forces hold. CDR forces withdraw to the east and north. At this point the Angolan military make a dash for the massed CDR forces just east of the complex. They are rapidly overcome. The super unit engineers of CDR quickly tear them asunder and assault the complex again.

Another Zumwalt is transferred to Angolan control.

Angola is holding. Navy is the answer.

25th Merry Christmas. 7ea CG-71 Ticonderoga are transferred to Angola
4ea A-10 Thunderbolt II's also

Aug 2023

28th It seems Angola is making a comeback against the tyranny of CDR. Good will triumph over evil.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Democracy takes a stand!

Post by Gonzar »

Very nice, will be following this one.

Can you give some more info about the parameters set at the beginning of the campaign (difficulties, volability, etc)?

That was close with Angola! How came you didn't send help until almost the last moment? Quite curious the things that can happen in game, imagine RL USA giving two Zumwalts to Angola :-) . If its true what is meant to be built in the next years, it would be 2/3 of what they would have :lol: .
But good done in game. The Zumwalts and their bombardment made the difference for sure. Without them Angola would be history by now.
Has Angola reconquered the territory with their own produced units or did you give them more land units?

How is that Israel is not at war?? In my games they always are (and get most of the time conquered if i don't help them).

Have you help South Korea in its war against the North?

Oh, well, quite a few questions i still have. But that is enough for now :-) .
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Gonzar wrote:Can you give some more info about the parameters set at the beginning of the campaign (difficulties, volability, etc)?
Mil Dif Very Hard
Econ Dif Normal
Diplo Diff Normal
Allow Nukes
Penalties low
volitility: I meant to set to Highest, but I just checked and it is medium. I wonder if I can change it in game?

gonzar wrote:That was close with Angola! How came you didn't send help until almost the last moment?
Has Angola reconquered the territory with their own produced units or did you give them more land units?
Angola is not an ally of mine so I had no "view" for what they were doing. I eventually decided to turn off the Fog of War so that I may see the whole world. Unfortunately when I try to turn it back on the game crashes. So I must leave it off now. They appear to be doing ok for now, They have produced thier own units, seems they like the light tanks. At one point all 4 of the A-10's I gave them were almost destroyed and I was unhappy. I gave them two F-117's. I see now by scanning thier bases only 1 of the A-10s was destroyed, the other three are fully repaired.

In fact, scanning their territory, the only units I see that I gave them are the A-10's, F-117's, 1 Zumwalt and 2 Ticonderoga's

gonzar wrote:How is that Israel is not at war?? In my games they always are (and get most of the time conquered if i don't help them).
I have been wondering the exact same thing. I was looking forward to trying to save them without a direct intervention. So far no war though.
gonzar wrote:Have you help South Korea in its war against the North?
As they are an ally, I have given them techs and I do send them resources from time to time. But they are conducting combat own thier own.
gonzar wrote:Oh, well, quite a few questions i still have. But that is enough for now :-) .
I will attempt to answer all questions. I anticipate this game lasting for a very long time, perhaps 100 game years. I do wish there was a a way to change the volitility.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Sep 16 2009, edited 2 times in total.

Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

GIJoe597 wrote:
Gonzar wrote:Can you give some more info about the parameters set at the beginning of the campaign (difficulties, volability, etc)?
Mil Dif Very Hard
Econ Dif Normal
Diplo Diff Normal
Allow Nukes
Penalties low
volitility: I meant to set to Highest, but I just checked and it is medium. I wonder if I can change it in game?

gonzar wrote:That was close with Angola! How came you didn't send help until almost the last moment?
Angola is not an ally of mine so I had no "view" for what they were doing. I eventually decided to turn off the Fog of War so that I may see the whole world. Unfortunately when I try to turn it back on the game crashes. So I must leave it off now.
gonzar wrote:How is that Israel is not at war?? In my games they always are (and get most of the time conquered if i don't help them).
I have been wondering the exact same thing. I was looking forward to trying to save them without a direct intervention. So far no war though.
gonzar wrote:Have you help South Korea in its war against the North?
As they are an ally, I have given them techs and I do send them resources from time to time. But they are conducting combat own thier own.
gonzar wrote:Oh, well, quite a few questions i still have. But that is enough for now :-) .
I will attempt to answer all questions. I anticipate this game lasting for a very long time, perhaps 100 game years. I do wish there was a a way to change the volitility.
You gave ANGOLA Zumwalts and A-10??! Dude! hope your plan does not backfire :D
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

It will not backfire, we all stand firm in our resolve to defeat tyranny around the world!

Besides I only gave them a few units, not the design. It is currently Dec, 2024 the U.S.A. is at Tech Level 144. The next closest is 118. I have the best units and highest technology in game, I cannot be defeated. :)

Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

GIJoe597 wrote: I will attempt to answer all questions. I anticipate this game lasting for a very long time, perhaps 100 game years. I do wish there was a a way to change the volitility.
Changing to diplo very easy will make it so AI nations hate each other more, so they will war with each other more. I hate the other effects, but I do like this one.

I see your already slowing down in your detail thow. Will see if you finish it. Probly not thow with the next update coming so soon. I sitll need to finish mine.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

GIJoe597 wrote:I will attempt to answer all questions. I anticipate this game lasting for a very long time, perhaps 100 game years. I do wish there was a a way to change the volitility.
I hope you continue :-)
Unfortunately i don't know any way to change volaibility once the game is started. You can lower the diplo as Ruges suggest or you can edit war declarations through Multiplayer perhaps, roleplaying them in the AAR...

Thanks for the answers, one more question out of curiosity. Care to explain why have you choose to make your naval taskforces this way?
GIJoe597 wrote:Background:

Battle Group composition will be:
1 CVN-26 (5 Sq's of F-35C-CV Lightning II JSF)
2 BB-16 Iowa
2 CG-90 Texas
2 DD-310 Western Sea

Each Battle Group will be supported by a replenishment fleet consisting of:
4 ea TAKR-287 Algol
3 ea FFG-48 Provinces

Two Bombardment Task Forces will deploy as needed:
2 BB-16 Iowa
2 CG-90 Texas
3 DD-310 Western Sea
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Ruges wrote:I see your already slowing down in your detail thow. Will see if you finish it. Probly not thow with the next update coming so soon.
That last screen was a response to Gonzars question about Angola, not really an update as far as the tale is concerned :)
I changed the setting to diplo, very easy.

Gonzar wrote:Care to explain why have you choose to make your naval task forces this way?
CVN-26 - I normally use the CVN-78, but I had a good look at this carrier and realized it is better in air defense than the -78 yet still holds 5 sqds of aircraft. With a carrier the only thing that concerns me is enemy aircraft. I try to get the highest anti air units in my fleets, while at the same time having the fleet composition "feel" reasonable.

BB-61 - It was the only BB available to me at the time I posted this. Now I have the BB-16 design and will be substituting it in. The BB can absorb a lot of punishment and has excellent AA abilities as well. The icing on the cake is its huge missile load out.

CG-90 - Bombardment ability in conjunction with its AA. At the time of fleet make up, it has the longest range bombardment value of any ship, plus a nice missile load out. It also has the best ASW stats in the Cruiser line.

DD-310 - Better air defense rating, ASW and bombardment than the Zumwalt.

TAKR-287 - I normally use the AOE-1 due to its large capacity. However as the U.S.A. you have no issues with naval yards and can produce anything you need. The one drawback for me on the AOE-1 has always been its speed. The -287 has 7,500 less capacity but makes up for it, in my opinion, with a higher speed. This higher speed makes it easier to rotate ships from fleets to replenish their stores. When I need to replenish a fleet on the other side of the world, the TAKR can get there in a hurry and it has the speed to get out of a situation if needed.

FFG-48 - Again, its AA and ASW abilities.

For the bombardment fleet I choose them for their bombardment rating, but I did not want to simply load up with BB's. It seems unrealistic. I decided to compose the fleet of BB/CG/DD for RP purposes.

SSCG-6 - Which you did not ask about, but will be the roaming screen for my fleets. Replacing the S-210. 196 Stealth rating, view out to 70 km, able to engage out to 107km.

Keep in mind this is the "main fleet". I will also have some CVL's for helo assaults and such. As well as other vessels specifically for amphibious assaults.

The one thing I do not do is create a silly amount of vessels or units. Each one is precious to me and will be treated so.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Sep 2023

19th Lithuania seeks an alliance, we agree.

Nov 2023

8th We order the dismantling of all Micro and Mid sized facilities. Large facilities are commissioned where needed.

Feb 2024

1st Poland, a U.S.A. ally, has launched a rapid strike into the Russian held area of Kaliningrad. Fierce fighting is occurring, in many places it is street to street.. They have broken through and made it to the Lithuanian border. Effectively splitting the soviet forces in half.

Feb 2024

4th Invite Brazil to alliance, they agree

14th Satellites detect 2 Russian Amphibious transports west of Myanmar. They appear to be heading North. This is puzzling as Russia is only at war with Poland. They are however allied with Bangladesh. Interesting. Thermal scans indicate they are empty. Assets are tasked to shadow these transports.

20th We tracked them to the Indian port of Kolkata. One anchored there. The other is continuing on.

26th Pakistani Air Force is harassing Indian shipping off the west coast of India.

Two more empty Russian transports are spotting south of Vietnam, heading west. Intelligence analysts are at a loss to explain.

CIA is tasked to determine their destination. Using a 13 year old "hacker" the GPS on the vessels was cracked and all of them were headed for the same location. PAVLOVO, Russia. Very odd indeed as it is approx 700kms east of Moscow.

Mar 2024
We are informed by our Turkish allies, they have a situation. One of their transports is stranded south east of Masirah, Oman. Apparently it had a faulty fuel gauge and ran out. With their current war with Iran they are unable to send assistance at this time.

We start diplomatic talks with the necessary countries and send a squadron of V-44 Storks to ferry supplies and fuel to the stranded ship. It is not said, but we believe it is carrying forces for an invasion of Iran's southern coast.

31st The Soviet transport that did not stop in India is transiting the Suez Canal.

Apr 2024

4th Our V-44 sq arrives at the stranded Turkish transport. Supplies and fuel are ferried courtesy of the King of Oman.
They continue on their way and run straight into an Iranian fleet of Transports and Cargo vessels. Apparently the Turks have armed their ships, they open up on the defenseless Iranians.

They sink one, 6 others retreat back to Iran. I believe they will no longer have the element of surprise if it is indeed an amphibious assault.

10th One battalions of M113A2 is landed on the southern coast of Iran. Iranian naval forces sink the transport

Satellites detect ground forces moving to attack the M113.

12th The M113 is destroyed.

Apr 2024

18th Russian and Polish fleets are exchanging missile fire at long range.

A Russian Krivak and Ushakov make a dash for the Polish port of Gdansk where FRG-C-01 frigates are deploying.

The Air Defense complex at Redzikowo has so far been able to intercept the Russian missiles, but they will soon be in gun range.

Our Polish allies sink both Russian vessels!

19th One more Slava class leaves the Russian port at Svetlyy and speeds towards Gdansk. The Poles manage to
destroy it also, excellent.

21st Clearly the Russians are angered. The CV Kuznetsov is now launching missiles at Gdansk. The Air Defense site is intercepting them all.

24th Intense combat around the town of Grudziadz has resulted in it being abandoned. The town has changed hands numerous times.

May 2024

4th Polish forces surge into Russian territory. They are hammering on the doors of Kaliningrad. Russia send its Air Force in. 13 sqds of MIG-25A Foxbats tear in to the Polish forces. They are quickly joined by 2 Su-25 Flankers, 1 SU-34 Fullback, and 1 TU-16a Badger. For Russia this appears to be a do or die situation. Missiles are flying from the aircraft.

Jun 2024

8th S. Korea has broken through N. Korea and is now attacking China.

19th One SSBN-726 transferred to Polish control.
4ea CVN-26 commissioned.
We will be replacing the S-210 Manta sqds with SSCG-6 Sea Wolf

Jul 2024

2nd We renew an aid package to Israel and include some tech.

Oct 2024

9th Slovakia admitted to NATO
Techs given for civilian development.

24th Japan asks for an alliance. Given circumstances we must decline, they are after all. aligned with China and Russia.

Nov 2024

1st We win a decisive election victory.

19th Satellites have detected a Russian convoy of 1 transport and a CVN heading towards the English channel.

Dec 2024

6th Five Soviet transports and 1 CVN have rallied just south of the coastal Turkish city of Mersin. There is no explanation for it. (bad AI pathing is what I know)

Feb 2025

6th We have been following multiple convoys of Russian transports. The majority of them are congregating at the border of Turkey and Syria. We did however follow one which is making its way from the Med to the Black Sea. Our young hacker informs us its final destination is Taganrog.

8th More Russian transports arrive S. of Turkey. These are loaded with troops.

10th Iran is finally making a push into Turkey.

12th 12ea Fusion Reactors come on line today. They are added to the grid. I have ordered the dismantling of the Power: other plants.

Current electric production cost: $195 scrapping 62 OTHER plants.
1 week later Electric cost is $196

25th 12 more Fusion Plants ordered.

Apr 2025

9th Russia is apparently tired of taking half measures with Poland. They have moved a huge amount of their Air Force to the last remaining airfield the have around Kaliningrad. I count 50 aircraft of various types pounding away at Polish ground forces in the area.

We ask the state department for a review of Poland's' resources, they are rapidly running out of Mil Gds. An aid package of 500t a day for 30 days is arranged.

27th With the Air Defense site at Redzikowo taking its toll of Russian aircraft stationed at Kaliningrad, they are basing some combat planes in s. western Belarus to strike at Poland from another angle.

28th Russian naval units make a run at the Polish port of Gdansk. The only vessel defending it is the SSBN-726 we gave Poland some time ago. The sub sinks the Russians. One by one.

May 2025

3rd Yet another Naval run at Gdansk. This is somewhat reminiscent of the "human wave" tactics they used in WWII. I no longer see the Polish sub. I hope it is in dry dock and was not sunk before I could bring up our real time satellite feed.

The Russian makes it into Polish territorial waters before being sunk by artillery.

5th A single Indian tank battalion fights against overwhelming odds. Much to our astonishment they manage to pop smoke and extract themselves from the battle. They will live to fight another day.

6th Chinese Air Force strikes the heart of S. Korea. One Sqd of J-8H Finback and one Sqd of SU-30 Flanker hit Soul from the north. For unknown reasons the Flankers were armed with CSS-C-7 Sadsack anti ship missiles.

It turns out it was a distraction as 1 sqd of J10 Jian traveling at wave top height make a dash into soul from the sea.

8th Russia is again making an attempt at Gdansk via naval units.
3 Sovremeny- sunk by arty
2 Kirovs come in, missiles flying, but the AA takes them all down. Sunk by Arty

1 AOE Large Civ Cargo- which is empty (?) Sunk by Arty

Poland send forth a single naval vessel to patrol the approaches as an empty Russian transport stops short of Gdansk.

11th The Polish vessel enters Russian waters, immediately a Russian naval unit speeds south to engage, missiles flying. Intelligence identifies them as SS-N-22 Sunburn.

It was a valiant effort by the Poles, but they should stick to shore batteries and subs.

13th The Russians seem hell bent on sending wave after wave of naval vessels at Gdansk.

I cannot help but think, how would the outcome be different if Russia would send their forces as fleets instead of singly.

15th Three of the vessels were sunk by Arty, the rest made it and docked at Svetly.

17th Satellites detect a single, loaded Russian transport leaving Sankt-Peterburg. Destination unknown at this time.

20th Unbelievably it is headed to Gdansk. We almost fall out of our chair when it parks outside arty range and starts shelling the Port.

27th The transport has killed three units so far, about to kill its 4th and is still shelling Gdansk.

The transport unit does not show up in our intelligence database as a Russian design. We have no way of knowing if it is normally armed. It is however carrying 2 battalions of Russian arty. I do not think the are firing.

Jun 2025

2nd. Poland has sent airstrikes against Maykop Russia. The airfield there appears to be the target. This has some thinking Poland may be contemplating an amphibious assault via the Black Sea. It would explain why they are striking so far away from the front lines. We detect 3 more MIG-23's en route from Poland.

3rd Poland is apparently following Russia's tactic of basing in Ukraine. After their strike the remaining aircraft base at Donetsk, Ukraine.

7th The single transport off the coast of Gdansk has done more damage than the rest of the entire Russian naval units thrown at them. It has killed 6 units, before running out of ammo/supply. It is now headed to the port at Svetlyy. I am almost at a loss for words. If only that skipper was in charge of a powerful Russian Cruiser fleet.

9th Poland makes another push for Kaliningrad.

12th Kaliningrad. city, airfield and military facilities now belong to Poland.

14th Polish forces press into Svetlyy and its sea port.

15th Poland has driven Russia from it borders!

Now we will see if they will continue the fight by going through Lithuania, Belarus or Ukraine.
With the new facilities, particularly the 3 Land Fabs and 1 Missile Fab I am interested to see what they do.

Jul 2025

World update at halfway through the year.

Iran is making headway into Turkey

Angola is making headway towards the interior of CDR, but have lost some ground on the eastern front.

South Korea is essentially in a stalemate with China and N. Korea. They need to finish off the North.

India is having great success against Pakistan, mild against China(capturing great swaths of desert) and almost none against Bangladesh.

No combat in S. America. Brazil and Argentina have essentially the pre-war borders, same with Brazil and Venezuela.

Jul 2025

31st 12ea Fusion power plants online. 18 more ordered.

Aug 2025

3rd During a monthly review of allied needs, we discover S. Korea is short on Coal and Petroleum. We arrange a deal.

28th Hungary asks to join NATO, we agree.
Production/resource techs given to them.

Nov 2025

4th Austria Joins NATO. Techs given

21st CDR pushes Angola back to their capital again. Angola scrambles the 2 F-117A's I gave them some time ago.

Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

NK and Israel is still alive, i'm amaised! And how did you manage 40 thech levels is 5 years?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

Same things im asking my self
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

The us starts with 18 research lines. It has all the resources it needs and all the forces it needs to defeat Mexico and Canada. I always run research at full potential when starting. I like to research all those techs some people claim are useless. It is extremely easy to get that many levels.

Game time is now Nov 11th 2027 and I am Tech level 166. I have disabled 6 research slots because I am running out of tech to research.

Edit: Added screens

/me shrugs

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Not really part of the AAR, but it is part of the ongoing story.

I was looking at Israel on the map and noticed this on the Regional Summary.

/me throws up hands. I dunno.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Due to some serious corruption I will have to abandon this game. And no I do not play like a beta tester and keep ongoing saves, I have 1 save every week and it replaces itself. I did not notice the severity of the problem until several months had passed. It started with Israel, as you can see on the previous post and is slowly spreading around the mid east.

There is a comma and in some cases a dash after the amount and the amount is rubbish.

Both Treasury and Population are affected.

Market has crashed, it is nigh imposible to purchase anything due to inflated costs since none of those mid east countries can support a population of such massive numbers. As an example Lebanon, when looking at the World Trade window requires 1,973,157,0 bbl of petroleum a day. I am not sure that mush is made by all the countries in the word.

My favorite is Israel having a population of 85,724,464,-816,0 :) Which as you can see is less than half from the previous picture.

P.S.
Now that I think about it, I had not played the U.S.A. in some time. Maybe the tech gain was too fast and you two were right. Could be the game was corrupted from an early stage. :( I did not know it.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Sep 20 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Oh, well, a pitty :-(
But there is nothing you can do about it.

Return to “After Action Reports”