Jamaica attempts to rule S. America.

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Jamaica attempts to rule S. America.

Post by GIJoe597 »

I wanted to play a game as Jamaica and see if I could take all of S. America. There will be no cheating used.
Victory: Complete
Scheduled game end: none
Military Difficulty: Very Hard
Economic Difficulty: Normal
Diplomatic Difficulty: Normal
Debt: yes
Hot Relations: Very High
Military Settings: Fog of War - yes
Enhanced Spotting: Off
Allow Nuclear weapons: Yes
Nuclear Weapon Penalties: High
Resources: Standard
Initial Funds: Default
Approval effects: High
Critical UN: un checked
Allow Government change: Check
Random events: Medium

starting point:
Jamaica's economy faces serious long term problems as it continues to derive most of its income from tourism. It has one of the highest per capita ratios in the world.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Jamaica attempts to rule S. America.

Post by GIJoe597 »

This will be a very slow process considering a lack of everything, but I am patient. Most updates covering the build up period will be brief and more than likely will not contain any screen shots.

Feb 2020
Inflation 4.6%
Unemployment 7.4%

Mar 2020

6th both farms complete- we now have excess food

10th both timber mills complete - now excess timber

May 2020

6th Started one water works

12th Ore mine completes - excess ore

12th Georgia republic eliminated by Russia

Jun 2020

2nd N. Korea eliminated by S. Korea, Japan and China. Japan now owns part of N. Korea. (1st time I have ever seen Japan own land on the continent)

8th Belarus is eliminated by Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland

15th Israel is eliminated by Egypt, Jordan and Syria.

Jul 2020

29th Water works completes

Unemploment is very low 2.9%

Sep 2020

8th Serbia is conquered by Romania, Hungary and Bosnia Herzagovina

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Sep 2020

18th Zimbabwe is conquered by S. Africa

Oct 2020
25 Started one power: other, small

30th Water reclamation completes research
added Biomass incerration since lack of oil causes shortages of power.

Inflation 13.9%
Unemployment 2.8%
Build capability: Zero

Jan 2021

1st Tech level 86 reached.

Feb 2021

11th Small power, other completes.
Finally, enough power to run my facilities. I will try to disable one of the 3 petro plants in hopes of lowering the money spent on importing it.

Mar 2021

Looking over the nations I have CB against I notice one small one. Equat(torial) Guinea. They are in several wars, have been kicked from the UN. The icing on the cake is, a land fab facility and 3 oil derricks. Most importantly I have 100% CB against them. I gather the only transport ship I have with the range and capability of hauling 2 of my three units.

A-1413 Luneberg

One thing became clear, Jamaica must rely on leg infantry in these early stages. They weigh less and require less manpower. To that end we are going to purchase the designs for Special Forces from The UK.

Jul 2021

19th War declared on Equat Guinea
I had pre-positioned my transports and my one and only fighter bomber in Cameroon. Unfortunately, the transport was port to port only. My FB was getting decimated during its attacks, so I withdrew it. This left me with one alternative. Naval bombardment. But first we capture their oil derricks! They have a huge amount of supply trucks on the island and the F-109 Leander is slowly destroying them all. I have requested 1 additional asset, a C-131 AEW Convair 580 AEW be deployed to Cameroon. It is the most powerful radar/patrol I have at the moment and the hope is it will spot targets for the Frigate.

22nd The UN provides Advisors.

24th The lone Leander is doing very well, he already has 10 kills to his credit, including 3 V-100 Commando recon units.

Aug 2021

22nd Biomass Incineration completes. City power generation +10%
As we will be relying on special forces to increase our influence throughout S. America, we will need some transportaion for them. Since naval vessels are slow and limited in abilities I decide on Helo's. To that end; Jet Turbine Helicopters added to research.

30th The Lone Leander has succesfully removed land units from the capital and our naval transport may disembark its forces. This will be touch and go as we only have 2 battalions to commit. We call in the Hawk FB to assist as much as possible. I am very concerned this will end badly. If it does, I will be set back tremendiously as not only did we not capture the land fab, but I would have lost 2/3rds of my army.

31st One of our land battalions has been destroyed, the 5 garrison units are proving to be too tough for us. My last battalion is out of supply and being cut up. I ordered one additional asset to the conflict. A C-131H cargo/transport plane. With only 39t of supply capability it is the best I can do. It is ordered to proceed at maximum velocity to Cameroon. It eventually arrives and starts a non stop supply drop to our ENG battalion, ferrying between Malabo, Capital of Equat Guinea where the battle is occuring and Doula, Cameroon, the nearest friendly air base.

The Lone Leander is ordered right into shore and targets a specific unit, the Hawk FB is tasked with attacking the same unit, our ENG is ordered to ENTRENCH.

Sep 2021

2nd The battle is not going well. The Eng battalion is down to 15/35 strength and still 3 garrisons left. Not to mention other units nearby and in the islands single barracks being repaired. The Hawk Squadron is down to 13 of its 18 aircraft.

12th It is extremely touch and go at this point. The ENG battalion is 12/35 and the Hawk Sq. has now lost 10 of 18 aircraft. There is 1 garrison left. We have done all we can, it is now up to the gods of war.

14th Garrison destroyed, Capital City Captured!

The Eng battalion has lost 25 of 35 units and the Hawk Sq is down to 10 of 18 aircraft. The fighting is far from over, as 1 BRDM-2 and 4 V-100 Commando Battalions pour forth from the nearby Barracks. Immediately we order 7 garison units raised and prepare for the onslaught.

Somehow the capital changes ownership (Huh?). We are forced to retreat as it is about to destroy our ENG Battalion. The ENG loads into a transport ship and unloads in Cameroon. Hoping we can repair while in a supplied country other than our own. It would take too long to retreat all the way back home and repair. The downside is Cameroon's relationship with us is getting worse by the day.

To complicate matters, Nigeria has invaded Cameroon and has closed to within 45km of our location.

20th Guina-Bissau was defeated by Senegal.

Oct 2021

1st Equat Guinea fell today. Shore bombardment won the day. Now to quickly asess our status, move our ENG Battalion to our new barracks for repair and lower the DEFCON and Salaries. Money is again an issue.

3rd Ordered a continuious build of Special Forces at our new Land fab. Also reviewed info on who our next target might be. I am far from being able to take on S. America especially since I have no CB there. The next target might be Gabon. They are within several hundred miles of our new island, we have 100% CB against them and they have 3 nice ports. In Addition there is a research center, another land fab and several production facilities. Gabon is rich in oil, Uranium and Ore, these will come in handy. I can only hope to raise 7 Battalions of Special Forces as soon as manpower and money allow me to.
------------------------
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Sep 01 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Nice one, i will be following this. It will be a challenge, what is always fun.

I was first suprised you begun war operations in Africa, though i understand why you did it. Be carefull not to end conquering the wrong continent! :-)

This was sure close your battle for Equatorial Guinea. How come they did surrender after you withdraw your single unit? Equat. Guinea has also the city of Bata on the continent, did you got it also or went to another country?

It will take some time for you to build an invasion force for Gabon, but with patience you will do it.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Nov 2021

12th It is time to start a flurry of global trading in order to increase our revenue. We need Air Fab ability as soon as possible.

16th Tech Level 87 reached

Feb 2022

1st 2 land fabs started

Apr 2022

2nd 2 Land Fabs come on line

May 2022

16th Haiti Eliminated by Dominican Republic

Jul 2022

Jul 1st War declared on Gabon.
First objective, move units to the Port at Bata.

12th Gambia eliminated by Senegal

Sep 2022

5th Gabon Conquered

Oct 2022

14 Tech level 88 reached
Congo declares war on us.

Dec 2022

5th Australia gives us 10,726m dollars

17th Congo defeated

29th Artillery locating radar completes, Added Simulator Pods
Sent a proposal to the USA to purchase the design for the A-10 Thunderbolt II: Accepted
Sent a proposal to Russia to purchase the Mi-6 Hook: Accepted
Started a Petro power plant and a consumer goods facility.
Started a continuous build of A-10's

Jan 2023

Inflation 12.9%
Unemployment 2.8%
Build capability: 4/1/0/0

Current Units:

Land: 34

1 Ranger
2 Eng
1 BTR-60
10 Special Forces
8 Recon
4 AT units
4 Arty
4 AA

Air: 8

2 Hell
1 FB
2 Patrol
3 transport(1ea Helo)

Naval: 19

1 Frigate
14 Patrol Craft
4 Transport

Mar 2023

5th Petro plant completes
8th Consumer Goods facility completes
11th Ind Goods facility started

Apr 2023

7th Amphibious Assault Design completed. Added LCPL Conv Troopship to research

May 2023

17th LCPL design completes. Added RFID Commercial Applications

25th Good, Ind comes online
three Hydro power facilities started

June 2023

11th Lesotho falls to S. Africa.

Aug 2023

25th Tech Level 89 reached

Jan 2024

Electricity and manpower continue to hamper me. Not to mention the Debt Jamaica has. I have built facilities as required in an attempt to become self sufficient.
I have sold off unwanted/captured units to gain money as well as decrease the upkeep costs.

Current status:

Inflation 13.3%
Unemployment 2.9%
Build capability: 4/1/0/0

Current Units:

Land: 37

2 Eng
10 Special Forces
12 Boxer MRAV
3 Recon
4 AT units
2 Arty
4 AA

Air: 8

2 Helo
6 FB
3 Patrol
2 transport(1ea Helo)

Naval: 5

1 Frigate
4 Transport

You may have noticed some significant changes in the land and air forces. I am building the military to consist of the following:

21 battalions of the Boxer MRAV.(3 stacks) I purchased the design from the UK. It is much more capable than our old units, Amphibious and has nice range and speed.

7 Squadrons of A-10 Thunderbolt II.(1 stack) Nice ground attack, good standoff range for this tech level, can carry missile if required.

Current territory:

As we have no naval production capability yet, no changes are planned for that branch. However we do have a huge need for naval transport craft of reasonable capacity.
Sometime this year,(2024), we may invest in missile fabrication facilities.

I believe we will not engage in combat for the majority of 2024. My major concerns are:

A. Declaring war on countries I have no CB against might draw war declarations on me.

B. Hand in hand with the above, I worry the USA will declare war on me. As an island nation with a 1 ship navy I would be at a huge disadvantage should they decide to start bombarding me. This would effectively
remove my ability to sustain even the small amounts of resources/production I am able to maintain now.

c. There are countries I have CB against in Africa which have resources and manpower we desperately need, but I am leery of getting tied up in a long term commitment on that continent. My goal was to conquer
South America.

We have zero Military Goods capability. This was not as much as issue when I could only field a few units, but should we field our new forces it may very well cripple us. The issue is, once again,
electricity. I would like to build a Mil Gds facilty, but we are very short of electricity maintaining our current priorities. It is decided to hold off until our armed forces have reached our goal, then
take the military fabs off line. This should reduce our power needs and allow for a Mil Gds facility to function on our existing grid.

May 2024

22nd Tech level 90 reached
23rd I take a leap and order 3 petro plants constructed. The lack of power is wearing thin and with our African holdings, Petroleum is not a concern. Manpower, however...

Jul 2024

27th Dark Matter Theories completed; Protection of free will started

Aug 2024

13th Our last scheduled Infantry brigades roll off the production line. The task now is to transport them all to a central location in preparation for our next offensive. This will be a difficult task as we have no adequate sized transports. Jamaica will be forced to move its proud new units in bits and pieces for final merging at destination.

More importantly, 4 land fabs can be offlined to conserve electricity and manpower.

Sep 2024

1st After careful consideration, we have decided Venezuela will be our first target in S. America.

It has abundant Coal deposits which is the one resource, other than manpower, I am severely lacking. Access to Coal will enable me to slowly transfer our power production from Petroleum.
One major consideration for us was landing a force on shore and being overrun. The location chosen for the first assault will be Prolamar.

Our plan is as follows:

Phase I
Using suitable transport aircraft, drop Special Forces on the Airfield. They will take control of it, then move to pacify the town.
Once area is secure we will repair the airfield as quickly as possible and deploy 7 squadrons of A-10's there. The A-10's will clear the nearby seas of hostile naval vessels. Once that is accomplished they will begin to attack the land forces on the mainland, softening them up for an amphibious assault. Meanwhile, our Special Forces will be boarding transport aircraft for phase II.

phase II
1. Air assault on Carupano and the Sea Port it hosts.
2. Secure area and push Southwest to set up a Blocking Force at the intersection.
3. Push South to the Orinoco River, Ciudad Guayana and Upata. This will secure our eastern flank.
4. Once Eastern flank is secured, slowly and methodically advance West towards Cumana and beyond. Using the A-10's and the Lone Leander in support of ground forces.

The key will be preventing any of our forces from being destroyed. With so few to use we cannot afford any mistakes. This will truly be a combined effort using 97% of our entire military. It will be a
"do or die" situation.

For now, we contine moving assets into place and our Special Forces are starting intensive training.

The Jamaican Army is working with the 10 UN advisors you see here, in an effort to get as familiar with the new Boxer MRAV as possible. This will be the first time they have used it in combat.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Dec 04 2010, edited 7 times in total.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Gonzar wrote:I was first suprised you begun war operations in Africa, though i understand why you did it. Be carefull not to end conquering the wrong continent!
That is a concern of mine. As I pointed out in the lastest update I do not want to get bogged down in S. Africa.
Gonzar wrote: This was sure close your battle for Equatorial Guinea. How come they did surrender after you withdraw your single unit? Equat. Guinea has also the city of Bata on the continent, did you got it also or went to another country?
After prolonged bombardment many island nations will fall. It is the constant harrasment and destruction that wears them down. Same concept as when you invade a country with air or land units and destroy the vast majority of their forces. Concerning Bata, I must have. Although I was not aware of it until I started moving forces to Gabon. It was sitting there undefended and ungarrisoned. My mistake.
Gonzar wrote: It will take some time for you to build an invasion force for Gabon, but with patience you will do it.
It took from Jul 1st to Sep 5th to conquer Gabon. I only had 2 ENG, 2 BTR=60's, 2 recon, the 1 FB and 9 Special Forces units. The main reason it took as long as it did was because I wanted to secure the borders prior to it falling. They were at war with a couple of neighbors and I wanted to get the land when they fell.

Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I like this one :lol:
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Oct 2024

1st After careful consideration I have decided to add the following units to our military.
The HIGH reaction Arty for close in defense when we get stormed after landing
The AT for inclusion in the ground attack package.

The AA because we do not have any interceptors.

Additionally, I have decided we MUST have adequate naval cargo capacity. To that end I have commissioned a Naval Fabrication Facility. This will force us to postpone the invasion of Venezuela until much later,
perhaps even 2026. The only cargo amphibious transport I can manufacture is the LCPL Conv Troopship.

Feb 2025

4rd Tech Level 91 reached

Oct 2025

26th Tech Level 92 achieved

Jan 2026

Electricity and manpower are still my major concerns. It is taking an extremely long time to move units from Africa back to Jamaica for the build up to assaulting Venezuela. Since I remembered to screen shot
Jan 1st I will include more information this time.

Current status:

Inflation 13.1%
Unemployment 2.9%

Facilities:

Production:

Provocation against Jamaica:
As you can see, the only S. American country with provocation against me is Argentina and it is not much.

My Casus Belli against others:
I have legitimate reasons to invade only 4 countries.

Losses and kills to date:
88 kills
4 losses (3 inf, 1 recon)

Build capability: 4/1/1/0

Current Units:

Land: 62

2 Eng
10 Special Forces
25 Boxer MRAV (2 stacks of 7 and 4 spare)
3 Recon
4 AT units (9M123-2 Khrizantema-S pictured previously)
14 Arty (M1129 Stryker Mortar 120MM pictured previously)
4 AA (LY-60 Lieying Falcon pictured previously)

Air: 21

2 Helo
9 FB (A-10 II)
3 Patrol
7 transport(6 MI-6 Hook/1 fixed wing)

1 Frigate
5 Transport (LCPL Conv Troopship)

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Jan 2026

11th Purchased design for F-109 Leander from India. It performed so brilliantly in the last campaign, lets get more

Jul 2026

18 Finally have all my forces back in Jamaica. The invasion will commence on Aug 5th!

We allow one last night of relaxation for our forces before they leave Jamaica to engage in battle. Sadly, many will not be coming back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVeVfi2znTg

The invasion of Venezuela will be carried out with 3 forces organized like so;

6 MRAV
1 AT

Artillery moved to support as required.

Special Forces will be used heavily throughout the campaign.

5th War declared,

Immediately 5 nations declare war on us. Nicaragua, Panama, Cuba, Cameroon, Congo Democratic Republic and with Venezuela that makes 6! Jamaica is now fighting three seperate wars.
Jamaica vs Venezuela - Cameroon vs Jamaica and Congo Dem. Rep. vs Jamaica. We are not as concerned with Panama at this time and Cuba is under a US naval blockade. This will be a test of our will and I fear we will have to fight most of the world before it is over.

The tiny island nation of Jamaica is as prepared as we can be. As our troops are en route to Prolamar, we blast this from the Helo's speakers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTl1gSleI0

6th Purchased design for the EFV(AAAV) Alligator from the US. Fortunately we left 9 MRAV stationed in Africa which are now, with the lone Hawk, the only thing defending our African assets. Two A-10 Squadrons are deployed to Africa to assist in a holding/delaying action until we can start offensive operations.

1. 2 A-10 Sqd and 1 Hawk Sqd Ready for rapid strikes anywhere along the border.
2. 5 MRAV's (Entrenched) with a captured M101 105mm Arty and 1 AA battalions in support.
3. 4 Mrav's (Entrenched) with a captured D-30 122mm Howitzer.
4. Matadi will be a primary objective as soon as feasible. It is an obvious blocking location into our territory for units from Congo Dem. Rep. Additionally it has a hydro power plant and we are still in dire need of power.

It has been decided to pursue a war on both continents simultaneously. This is placing a huge strain on our resources and income. There is also a very good chance additional countries will declare war on Jamaica.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Aug 2026

5th 7 Sq's of A-10's stationed at France's Fort-De-France are sent to clear the waters around Prolamar. Several naval vessels are destroyed. The MI-6 Helo's ferrying the Special Forces are sent in. As you
can see, one Helo is hit and has to return to Fort-De-France. Fortunately, most of the Special Forces on board survived.

6th They quickly capture the airfield, then move to engage the town defenders. Prolamar is captured, but fierce fighting is still ahead to remove all remnants of resistance.

7th Prolamar secured. Time to repair the airfield, base the A-10's here and prepare for the assault on Carupano.

17th We send in the Special Forces via Helo to the mainland. They are ordered to insert 30km's from the city and approach unseen, if possible. However, at 1000hrs, contact is made.

By 1100 hrs we have a better idea of what we are facing.

18th 0000hrs. Last defenders of Carupano are eliminated. we can now march into the town as the liberators we are.

0500hrs. Carupano is ours. We now have our foothold on the Venezuelan mainland. Can we keep it?

20th After speaking with my commanders we have decided to construct a barracks. This will be essential in our ability to keep all of our small force.

21st With logistics matters currently dominating our Venezuelan campaign we turn our attention to Africa. It is decided to capture both towns on this side of the Congo River.

22nd Muanda falls quickly.

23th Assault on Boma commences.

24th Success! Next, the bridge and town of Matadi with a badly needed Hydro power plant.

Dec 2026

11th. It is slow progress, but progress none the less. Captured cities and facilities are a double edged sword. On the one hand we desperately need the manpower and production, on the other the repair fees are hampering us greatly. We have to sit idle while we manually instruct our repair crews which facilities are priority repair and which can wait. As soon as all current repairs are completed to the various facilities in S. America and Africa, I will order the construction of coal mines and eventually coal power plants.

14th Repair on 4 Hydro power plants has completed, this reduces our daily payout greatly and generates some much needed electricity.

16th I notice Brazil is conducting airstrikes deep into Venezuela. I catch a view of one of their returning squadrons We can see it has taken heavy losses.

Jan 2027

Jamaica starts this year in a better overall position. For the first time, since we started, manpower is not the overriding issue facing us.

Current status:

Inflation 2.7%
Unemployment 4.6%

Regional summary and financial "snapshot"

Facilities and Production:

Casus Belli against Jamaica:
As you can see, the only S. American country with provocation against me is Argentina.

My Casus Belli against others:
I have legitimate reasons to invade only 4 countries.

Losses and kills to date: (keep in mind all 3 other countries are at war with others)
250 kills
14 losses (6INF, 4 SF, 1 recon, 1 Transport aircraft, 2 Frigate,)
Build capability: 4/1/1/0

Technology:
Jamaica is #1 in Tech score.

Current Units:

Land: 95

2 Eng
6 Special Forces (lost 4)
44 Boxer MRAV (NOTE: I had to split units to load them into sea transports. I never merged many of them back)
8 EFV (AAAV) Alligator
3 Recon
8 AT units (4 newly built and 4 previously captured)
16 Arty (14 M1129 Stryker Mortar 120MM and 2 previously captured)
8 AA (4 previously captured and 4 LY-60 Lieying Falcon)

Air: 25

2 Helo (starting units)
11 FB (10 A-10 II 1 Hawk)
3 Patrol
9 transport(8 MI-6 Hook/1 fixed wing)

3 Frigate (F-109 Leander)
10 Transport (6 LCPL Conv Troopship, 4 starting vessels)

Regional Summary side by side comparison, 2020/2027

The new year will see us concentrating on S. America and Africa. We will take it slow mostly, but will be bold from time to time. Immediate goals:
1. Build land fabs in S. America. This will eliminate the need to transport battalions via sea.
2. Build infrastructure. As you can see on the side by side comparison picture above, we have grown in population 8 fold and our land area 61 fold.
3. Work on international relations in an attempt to stave off other wars.
4. Continue the conquest of S. America.
5. Prosecute existing wars in Africa, but seek to start no others.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Dec 04 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Gamez Ranger
Warrant Officer

Post by Gamez Ranger »

Great so far mate keep up the good work
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I may do one more update with the text and pictures I have ready but have not yet posted. I have lost interest in the AAR now that I have enough land and resources to make it easy. I am still playing it, but I cannot bring myself to take the screen shots, edit them, number them, etc..

I am considering starting another game and letting the AI control the military 100%. I will continue this Jamaica game until I take all of S. America, because that is what I set out to do, but at this point it is a foregone conclusion, all that needs to happen is time passes.

Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I feel your pain....

The AAR format I use is alot more typing of info but I have 2 computers side by side. Its easier and less painless to type the info that to make the screenshots.

I do hope you continue even if its without the screenshots. I like reading your stuffs.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

I urge you to continue. Never seen Jamacia get so far before. Joyful read. Nice to see action from non-super powers.
Gamez Ranger
Warrant Officer

Post by Gamez Ranger »

Yeah keep going great stuff, i'd like to see how it goes. Like Hundane said even without the screen shots would be fine. Just keep us posted :-)

Return to “After Action Reports”