MongoliAAR - The Wrath of the Mongols

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Re: MongoliAAR - The Wrath of the Mongols

Post by Gonzar »

13th Sep, All forces are at place ready to assault Laos capital.
Mon-RUW-038.png
16th Sep 2026 We took the capital and short after that, Laos surrender.
Mon-RUW-039.png
16th Sep 2026 Afghanistan declares war, no common border yet either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Garrison troops are an easy defeat anyways. But as we know when the AI is at war, they spurt out their military, and they hang around until you take their borders, then they retaliate and try and grab the land back. However if you take their oceanic borders, the AI sends land units to as close to the naval incursion as posible. So you deploy some spies, and bomb them back to hell. Miles away from their AA units that hang around the complexes.

Rinse and repeat pushing deeper and deeper into their territory. I use stacks of 10 Stealths, and trust me, 3x stacks of 10 do some serious damage to land units. I also attack their AA units with stealths, as they almost insta-pop.
Just make sure you repair the stealths regulary, as their cargo decreases as their health does, so keep them healthy and they will hit hard.
Last edited by Ragu on Oct 03 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

16th Sep 2026 Thailand sends a big offensive force against the army that have conquered the Laos capital. A heavy battle takes place, but our troops are superior and slowly but firmly they get the supremacy.
Mon-RUW-040.png
17th Sep 2026, 24 hours later they are defeated and we begin to reorganise the front.
Mon-RUW-041.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Ragu wrote:Garrison troops are an easy defeat anyways. But as we know when the AI is at war, they spurt out their military, and they hang around until you take their borders, then they retaliate and try and grab the land back. However if you take their oceanic borders, the AI sends land units to as close to the naval incursion as posible. So you deploy some spies, and bomb them back to hell. Miles away from their AA units that hang around the complexes.

Rinse and repeat pushing deeper and deeper into their territory. I use stacks of 10 Stealths, and trust me, 3x stacks of 10 do some serious damage to land units. I also attack their AA units with stealths, as they almost insta-pop.
Just make sure you repair the stealths regulary, as their cargo decreases as their health does, so keep them healthy and they will hit hard.
Yes, thats ok, but i don't see any advantage compared to using stacks of Zumwalts to bombard them from a safe distance, which is the tactic i am using. Also, which stealth bomber do you mean to use in this case? If it is the B-2A Spirit with their 25b cost per unit than i really don't see any advantage, even less if you must repair them regularly. Maybe it is because i haven't use that tactic yet, but it seems to me there are easier and less expensive ways to deal with that.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Each to their own flavours. I like Stealths (B2 expensive ones), as they can be deployed anywhere, at an incredible pace. Zumwalts are a naval unit, and have bombard limitations. Try bombarding Moscow from the Adriatic... :lol:

Good AAR btw!
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Post by GIJoe597 »

Food for thought. The Japanese have a stealth bomber similiar to the B2 and B3. It is less expensive and does more damage, if I remember correctly. When I am not limited by my personal rules and am not playing the U.S.A. I will purchase it from the Japanese. I believe the first one is named Shinzui, cannot remember what their version of the B3 Angel is.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Oct 04 2009, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Ragu wrote:Each to their own flavours. I like Stealths (B2 expensive ones), as they can be deployed anywhere, at an incredible pace. Zumwalts are a naval unit, and have bombard limitations. Try bombarding Moscow from the Adriatic... :lol:

Good AAR btw!
That's right :lol: . Ok, i got curious to see how it works in great numbers. I bought the design from USA and i am building the first stack of B2. Will take some time to have them, though. Probably Japan will be conquered by then, but there are many other enemies, so we will see.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

20th Sep 2026 At the russian front we just took the city of Ulan-ude and the two nearby military facilities, near the lake Baikal.
Mon-RUW-042.png
This is the invasion fleet of the Hokkaido island in Japan. It is a medium sized fleet. There are 11 amphibious transports loaded with about 75 INF batallions protected by several Zumwalts stacks as well as some Battleships and DDG-71. There are some sub stacks north and south destroying any japanese ships that come close. We keep also air superiority in the area. Our plan is to first establish a self sustaining supply base at the island. For that our first objective will be to take the city of Abashiry. As soon as supply has build up we will advance inside the island conquering every city and complex we meet. I am confident the invasion force will be enough to do the task, but reinforcements can be shipped in if needed.
Mon-RUW-043.png
21th Sep 2026 The invasion begins, with the successful landing of the expeditionary force. No enemy units near to fight the invasion. Our attack has been a complete surprise for the enemy.
Mon-RUW-044.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

22th Sep 2026 Our forces take Abashiry (undefended) and the nearby city of Kitami.

23th Sep 2026 While we wait to supply to build up, we have establish an easy to defend front, specially as it seems there aren't many units present on the island. I had guess it since no production facility was located here. So besides the original deployed units arround barracks and airfields i didn't expect much more. We will meet them probably when we advance towards the island capital Sapporo.
Mon-RUW-045.png
The japanese counter attack forces are located south of this island, in what i call the japanese mainland. Sadly there is no land connection (bridge) between both, and the AI hasn't learned yet to move their troops betweeen owned territories by ship or air. Really sad.
Mon-RUW-046.png
28th Sep 2026, Advancing towards Sapporo.
Mon-RUW-047.png
Last edited by Gonzar on Oct 04 2009, edited 2 times in total.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

29th Sep 2026 Assaulting the city ring outside of Sapporo.
Mon-RUW-048.png
30th Sep 2026 Assaulting Sapporo and the nearby port.
Mon-RUW-049.png
2cd Oct 2026 Kyrgyztan declares war, no common border yet.

2cd Oct 2026, the Hokkaido island is conquered, we had no unit lost and only a few severly wounded units. This invasion was a great success.
Mon-RUW-050.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

And this is how it looks south of the island. Japanese forces moving up and down along that small coast area. Soon our Zumwalts will be in shooting range.
Mon-RUW-051.png
But first we will destroy all remaining barracks on the mainland, that way they won't be able to repair fast.
Mon-RUW-052.png
8th Oct 2026 The first Zumwalt stacks are already placed and begin to bombard the japanese units. We will try to destroy a significant number of units before invading the main island.
Mon-RUW-053.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

GIJoe597 wrote:Food for thought. The Japanese have a stealth bomber similiar to the B2 and B3. It is less expensive and does more damage, if I remember correctly. When I am not limited by my personal rules and am not playing the U.S.A. I will purchase it from the Japanese. I believe the first one is named Shinzui, cannot remember what their version of the B3 Angel is.
Can't find that design. Maybe it is a much higher tech level? Not that i could buy anything from Japan right now though.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

8th Oct 2026, In Thailand we are advancing from the north.
Mon-RUW-054.png
13th Oct 2026, Thailand front, assaulting the city of Udon Ratchathani.
Mon-RUW-055.png
27th Oct 2026, we have been advancing without much combats and are now aproaching the capital urban area.
Mon-RUW-056.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

29th Oct 2026, all units in position, i order a total assault, lets free the mongol wrath again.
Mon-RUW-057.png
30th Oct, Despite there been many units entrenched in the cities, very few of them are AAs, so i send several F-35 stacks just to bombard all of them as support for the INF units fighting these urban combats.
Mon-RUW-058.png
1st Nov 2026, capital falls and Thailand surrender to us.
Mon-RUW-059.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

8th Nov 2026, at the russian front our next objective is the city of Irkutsk and surrounding area. We have been fighting the russian airforce in this area for a while and almost all russian squadrons have left the area or are destroyed. There don't seem to be many defending units besides garrisons after our bombardments either. I give the advance order to our forces.
Mon-RUW-060.png
11th Nov 2026, the area is conquered, we took also the north city of Severobaikal with airborne insertion, now the whole area of the Baikal Lake is in our hands.
Mon-RUW-061.png

Return to “After Action Reports”