MongoliAAR - The Wrath of the Mongols

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Re: MongoliAAR - The Wrath of the Mongols

Post by Gonzar »

24 hours later the northern part is secured. I begin to build some barracks and an airfield. More and more japanese units arrive from the south, but the fire cover from navy and airforce is causing them serious losses. The INF stacks reduce the garrisons very quickly and destroy any unit they come across. Despite that the japanese artillery has begun bombarding the invasion force, though not a serious threat at the moment.
Mon-RUW-073.png
21th May 2027 Our invasion force advance slowly towards the south. We meet heavier defenses, specially J-90 tank stacks and artillery, but still not a real threat. The combined force of the B-2, F-35 and Zumwalts continue to destroy them at good speed.
Mon-RUW-074.png
24th May 2027 Another 45 INF units land in the japanese main island.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Bet they are hoping for another typhoon :lol:
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

You are a bad boy tkobo :lol:

Don't think that would help them much either 8) .
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

27th May 2027 Azerbaijan declares war on us, no common border yet.

28th May Another 25 INF units land in the japanese main island.

15th Jun 2027 Aproaching the dense city areas north of Tokyo. There are still many japanese units entrench here, so advance is slow. Some cities get even destroyed before the defenders are killed. They fight city for city despite their big casualties. Since the landing in the japanese main island over 900 japanese units have been killed, for a total of 2075 unit casualties they count. With that many losses it is probably that they will surrender once Tokyo falls. But we have still many urban combats to fight until we reach their capital.
Mon-RUW-075.png
21th Jun The last 40 INF units land in the japanese main island. I am confident we will not need more reinforcements.

28th Jun 2027 Fighting city for city towards Tokyo. There are dozens of enemy units defending each city. Our infantry stacks support each other while advancing. Zumwalts, F-35s and our B-2 support them with bombarding and missiles.
Mon-RUW-076.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

3th Jul 2027 Almost there. Assaulting Tokyo.
Mon-RUW-077.png
Tokyo falls, they move their capital to Yokohama just south of Tokyo. Over 2600 japanese units have been destroyed in this war and now some units begin to surrender to us. Their morale is very low. I don't think they will last for long now.

5th Jul 2027 Yokohama falls, but they don't surrender. The new capital is Osaka (blue circle). So be it.
Mon-RUW-078.png
8th Jul Advance is much easier now. Almost all garrisons surrender to us, leaving the defense to the 3-6 non-garrison units in each city, though some of them surrender also. The only negative side is that those new mongol garrisons get sometimes destroyed by the enemy increasing my casualty count. But there is nothing i can do about it.
Mon-RUW-079.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

11th Jul 2027 Advance continues at a fast rate. Massive garrison surrenders everywhere. The japan army counts 2850 destroyed units. Quite surprising they still continue fighting city for city.

15th Jul 2027 Assaulting Osaka.
Mon-RUW-080.png
16th Jul 2027 Osaka falls. 3127 japanese units destroyed so far. Will they now surrender?

17th Jul 2027 Well, they don't. New capital: Hiroshima (blue circle). Lets continue the slaughter.
Mon-RUW-081.png
News from the world:

16th Jul 2027 Gambia is conquered by Guinea
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

19th Jul 2027 Advancing towards Hiroshima the last remaining fighting will of the japanese drop to the lowest level. Now, even full stacks of J-90 surrender without fighting. This isn't a conquest anymore, is a complete push over. I hope they will accept the truth soon.
Mon-RUW-082.png
20th Jul 2027 Hiroshima is captured, but they don't surrender. The new capital is Kumamoto in the south. So i must take all cities, even when all defenders surrender massively to our advancing army. Another bright aspect of the SR2020 AI. Not a problem. Lets take all cities then.

23th Jul 2027 We were half way to the new capital, when suddely Japan had enough. They surrender. All japanese islands are mongol now. Celebrations spread all over the Empire. Now, for Russia.
Mon-RUW-083.png
The casualties count so far. Sadly about just surrendered ex-japanese units have increase the count in about 185 units (yes, before the main island invasion i had 401, i can't remember to have lost any of my units during this invasion or at the russian front, so the difference must come from the hundreds of garrisons that surrendered and got almost inmediately killed by other japanese units, really annoying if you ask me, and a point to consider if one tries to achieve the "no units casualty" goal).
Mon-RUW-084.png
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Hheheheheheh
Enemy defection can be real a pain in the backside.Im curious,do you have the setting "units destroyed upon region surrender" picked ?I know techincally its different, as the uints are surrending piecemeal and not the region,but im curious if that setting helps with unit surrender also.
Chuckle TM
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

No, haven't changed the settings since the beginning and that option is past update 6.
I have had in other games units defecting of course, and some got also killed, but never saw it in such extend, in was just ridiculous how almost all stacks defected after getting to half their strength. Problem was that Japan has so many cities just near each other, that the units and garrisons from the still loyal japanese cities killed those new "mongol" units very fast.
I am playing as is, that is without reloading if i don't like what happens, so i accepted it, but that screwed my whole casualty count :-(.
With those AI behavior BG force us to just fully destroy cities instead of conquering them.
If it happens again i will try to check the "units destroy..." option and see if this helps, though i don't think it will.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

12 Aug 2027 Advance in the russian front has been continuous but very slow due to supply issues. We are aproaching the city of Omsk, when our scouts detect an important russian army concentration, with many long range artillery and AAs. We prepare our airforce to deal with them and stop the advance for now.
Mon-RUW-085.png
Seeing that the russian campaign will continue at a low speed for some time, i decide to focus on another of our declared enemies: the Philippines. We will begin destroying their military fabrication facilities, follow by all barracks and airfields in the main island. This is the report our spy send us from their only land fabrication facility near the capital. There are many, many infantry engineers, as well as Cockerill tanks, some mortar artillery and very few AAs. A second fabrication facility with air and naval fabs is south of Manila. Ok, first objective, to destroy both. I order to start our missile campaign.
Mon-RUW-086.png
14 Aug 2027 Naval and air fabs are destroyed. Aiming at the land fabs.
Mon-RUW-087.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Meanwhile the air campaign against the russian long range artillery continue with success. Soon we will be able to advance again without getting hammered by their artillery. I am slowly enjoiying my B-2 stealth bombers. Thanks to our air superiority they have never been damaged, had never have to repair them, and their destruction capacity is quite good. They are very expensive, but i am beginning to like them.
Mon-RUW-088.png
1st Sep 2027 Assaulting the city of Omsk. The bridge connecting with the military facility at the other side of the river (where the artillery is) is destroyed. I will have to launch an INF only assault to take it.
Mon-RUW-089.png
Omsk is taken. Assaulting the military facility.
Mon-RUW-090.png
Later on the area is taken. Bridge will be rebuild, line reorganised and advance towards Moscow will continue. Still 3100 km to go.

News from the world:

31 Aug 2027 Guinea is conquered by Burkina Faso
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Bad news. I had a computer crash on weekend. Lost a lot of stored data. Also all my SR2020 files, all game files, the old Spain AAR-files and the ones of this AAR. A big sh**. :-(
I have reinstalled the game, but it makes no sense to start from the beginning, it would be a different AAR anyway. So thats it.
I want to thank all who have been following this and i hope you have enjoyed it so as i did.
Ultimate_Waffle
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Ultimate_Waffle »

That's too bad. I liked this story a lot. What will you do now?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Thats a shame.About the AAR and the system.
Chuckle TM

Return to “After Action Reports”