MongoliAAR - The Wrath of the Mongols

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Re: MongoliAAR - The Wrath of the Mongols

Post by Gonzar »

13th May 2026 things get interesting: Japan declares war on us. May be they didn't like our conquest of the Kuril Islands. This is our nearest border to them, Korea. You can see some japanese stacks that were already on the mainland, probably landed in the time they were at war with China. They will be destroyed very quickly by my forces. The main battles i expect are naval and air ones, thats the reason i kept a substantial part of my Navy in this area. But there are japanese naval units all over the border from Vietnam to the Sakhalin island, so there will be many naval battles in the first days.
Mon-RUW-015.png
14th May 2026 Pakistan declares war on us, we are a bit hated it seems. No common border yet, so i expect no troubles from them.

I send one F-35 squadron into japanese air with the intention of provoking their air forces to come close to the taiwanese coast. They send interceptors of the Shearwater class. This is a good design and they are quite good in intercepting, so my provokation could have been a not so good idea after all...
Mon-RUW-016.png
14th May 2026 Armenia declares war... what happens that everyone is declaring war... we are quite far away from each other. Oh, well, no problem at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Back to the air battle against the Shearwater squadrons... more and more units arrive from Japan, but it seems the combined AA from my air forces and the Zumwalts are winning the day. Until they begin to launch anti-ship missiles... Crap... a Zumwalt get sunk... they are too near to the border. I order them to the reserve to avoid more casualties. I hope the west situated groups are far away enough. Soon we will see...
Mon-RUW-017.png
Yep, it seems they are. At the moment only japanese planes are been destroyed... that is good so... i will keep provoking them until no more units answer the call.
Mon-RUW-018.png
15th May 2026 Myanmar declares war. Now with them we do have a common border. Lets take a look at it. Thats it. It seems i have enough guarding units at the border atm, but it will be better to reinforce them, just to be sure. I intend to keep this front more or less dormant, while advancing in Russia. I am confident i can hold any attacks here.
Mon-RUW-019.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

19th May 2026 Japan border, it seems there come no more aircraft to counter our provokation flights into japanese territory, they must be all under repair i guess. Time to begin provoking their army. I intend to sink as many ships as possible. Japan send destroyers of the Abukuma class, but i don't think they will have any chance.
Mon-RUW-020.png
Yep, in a few hours about a dozen get sunk in our trap.

20th May, we repeat the process, this time more destroyers and a frigate answer the call. Many others are on their way, a pitty SR2020 doesn't have a sheet with the sunk ships (as for example the HOI series), because many japanese ships will get sunk in the next days. This trap is deadly.
Mon-RUW-021.png
Japan is not only sending ships to the trap spot, but has also arrange an ultra-mini amphibious invasion that is heading towards the chinese coast. It is not bad conceived, frigate heading forward, main bulk of transport ships and destroyer coming after. The problem are the numbers, you can't invade the actual Mongolia with such a ridicule tiny fleet. We will be "welcome" them as soon as they arrived.
Mon-RUW-022.png
They got destroyed. A second, similar fleet (or maybe part 2 of the first) comes also towards the chinese coast and get sunk.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

23th May, the japanese surface fleet is getting destroyed around our trap area. A pitty for such a nice surface fleet to just get obliterated so easily.

Regarding the two other fronts.

We have reinforced the Myanmar border to ensure they can handle any offensive force coming this way. As i said i intend to keep this front dormant.
Mon-RUW-024.png
As for Russia, we have been steadily advancing from east to west. Our forces just conquered the area around the city of Svobodnyy, including a military airforce base and one satellite launch military base. There was not much to report by that conquest though. We continue making airborne assaults to distant and isolated production facilities and cities. Also using some 747 Troop transporter we have been unloading some INF bat in the Sakhalin island and in Kamchatka, to guard them from enemy counterattacks.
Mon-RUW-023.png
Ultimate_Waffle
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Ultimate_Waffle »

Epic, is this going to get finished? Are you too busy these days?
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Ultimate_Waffle wrote:Epic, is this going to get finished? Are you too busy these days?
Yep, quite busy atm. I'm not sure what to do, if keep going with this game/AAR now that the next patch is almost there. I still enjoy this game, though.

Here a small update.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

21th Jun, even the japanese Battleships aproach the trap. There won't be much left from the former japanese fleet after that.
Mon-RUW-025.png
27th Jun, after dealing with the japanese fleet and securing they are no more threat, i send two stacks of subs to secure the zone around the small japanese island. We will take the undefended city of Izuhara with an airborne assault. I plan to build an airfiled in this island as the first step to conquer Japan. Our air superiority in the area is still very effective and the few japanese aircraft the try to stop the invasion are forced back without casualties on our part.
Mon-RUW-026.png
As soon as the city is taken, my navy redeployed around it. We also begin with the first wave of bombardments of japenese installations. I plan to sistematically bombard all military complexes, as well as airfields and barracks, though i don't know if we will have enough missiles for all. But for now, the most nearby complex is targeted.
Mon-RUW-027.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Meanwhile at the russian front, the advance towards west continues. We just conquered the city of Manzhouli and are targeting the nice uranium mines just northeast of it. The advance has been at supply speed but without much to mention. This could change soon as there is this military facility to the northwest from which we have been continuously bombarded and had suffer some casualties. After some air battles, we just got air superiority and are bombarding the long range artillery to stop their continous missiles and bombard attacks.
Mon-RUW-028.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

7th Jul 2026 Turkmenistan declares war on us. No common border yet.

13th Jul 2026 Kazakhstan declares war on us. We do have a large border with them. It is a pitty they declared war, they were one of our most nearest friends. Looking at the diplomatic relations, i see we still have a very good chance to negotiate peace. I will try it. Peace offer sent. And... they agree. Good.

15th Jul, russian front: assaulting the military facility of Step.
Mon-RUW-029.png
18th Jul, the area is secured. Some art and inf units are coming from the military base that is a bit to the west. There have also taken refuge all airforce units that withdraw from the area. The approaching units get destroyed by our airforce.
Mon-RUW-030.png
Bombarding with missiles one of the three military facilities near Tokyo. The huge amount of AAs make that less than half the missiles arrive at target. But we keep sending wave after wave. About 2/3 of the military production capacity Japans has been already destroyed. We have spend more than 20k missiles by now.
Mon-RUW-031.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Meanwhile, in Russia, we just conquered the city of Chita and the nearby facility. This is the front in the east right now.
Mon-RUW-032.png
20th Aug 2026 Malaysia declares war on us. We offer a peace agreement and they accept.

21th Aug 2026 Bangladesh declares war on us. No common border yet. But i will accept this war declaration, they are in the correct path towards India.

26th Aug 2026 The last japanese military fabrication facility is destroyed. It's official. Japan has now none military fabrication capacity. I run out of missiles and there are still some barracks and airfields left, but that should do the job for now.
Mon-RUW-033.png
Japans navy and airforce are severely diminished and they don't have any new fabrication capacity anymore, yet hundreds of quite modern units are still present to defend their island. From what i could see during the missiles bombardments there are tanks, infantry, ATs, AAs and ARTs in numbers that should come to at least 600 units, probably much more. They have still many helicopters and some fighters, as well as about 1/3 of their former Navy around Tokyo. There are also an incredible density of cities what will force any invader to fight endless urban combats.
Mon-RUW-034.png
Therefore we must conceive an attacking plan that could work without having hundreds of casualties on our side.

But for now, and despite all what i just said, it is time to invade Japan. Yes, everything is ready. We will launch an amphibious invasion of the northern isolated island. The mongolian wrath has been awaken, time to show the japanese what that means in the field.
Akela
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by Akela »

About the dense cities, attacking..
Please post what you end up doing for this. I am on my very first game, playing Bolivia and I have conquered about 2/3'rds of Brazil. All that is left of any significance is these horrendus city complexs. I have been bled dry trying them, they SS-80 me to death, my airforce is nil, so I'm really at a loss on how to go about those "big" attacks....

Tell me how ya do it :o
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Gonzar wrote: There are also an incredible density of cities what will force any invader to fight endless urban combats.
This is where Stealth Bombers really shine, and come into a class of their own.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Akela wrote:About the dense cities, attacking..
Please post what you end up doing for this. I am on my very first game, playing Bolivia and I have conquered about 2/3'rds of Brazil. All that is left of any significance is these horrendus city complexs. I have been bled dry trying them, they SS-80 me to death, my airforce is nil, so I'm really at a loss on how to go about those "big" attacks....

Tell me how ya do it :o
Without knowing in detail how is your situation is difficult to give some advice. If you are having problems with sub stacks build some ASW helicopters. A stack of 7 will wipe out most of the enemy SS stacks. If the enemy air superiority hinders you to use chopters, than there is no other way than with superior (stealthier) SS stacks. But you must buy the design and build them, and maybe as Bolivia you don't have naval fabrication facilities yet.
Regarding citiy assault. If you don't have airforce superiority then you should try to reduce enemy numbers with artillery and/or bombarding ships once the enemy SS are dealt with.
If you are to assault an urban spot try to do it always with overwhelming numbers, for example, three stacks of 7 INF units each. For those big concentrations of cities maybe it would be better to build four or five special forces (or similar) stacks of 7 units and begin assaulting city for city, trying always to have three stacks attacking the same garrisons. They will destroy them fairly quickly without much casualties. The only serious problem here could be if the enemy has many artillery units hammering your stacks.
If you have missiles use them to specifically destroy annoying units (like artillery or AA).

I will try to show in detail how i do the japan mainland invasion, but it will take some time till i am ready for that, though. I have several ideas on how to do it, but i haven't decided yet wich will i finally use.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Ragu wrote: This is where Stealth Bombers really shine, and come into a class of their own.
Really? Even with hundreds of modern AA units in Japan and no land units to let the garrisons "pop up"? I have never use stealth bombers in great numbers, until now i have achieved my objectives with other means, so i am curious about that tactic. I would be pleased if you could show me some examples under those conditions.
At the moment i don't have any stealth bombers built in this AAR, but i could begin building them if useful. It will still take some time until i am ready for the japanese mainland invasion.

Haven't had time to play much yet, but here a small update again.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

7th Sep 2026 Laos declares war on us. Now we do have a long border with them and also have many units in the area. This could be another short blitzkrieg offensive, what would be nice. We will advance in the center and south fronts. Main objective will be to take the capital as fast as possible.
Mon-RUW-035.png
8th Sep The laos offensive army is composed mainly of light tanks and engineers. Our main capital assault force is getting into position.
Mon-RUW-036.png
10th Sep 2026 Thailand declares war on us. It was to be expected since all neighbours are at war with us. This will allow us to conquer the indochina area. This is our main border with them. It is well protected and i don't expect they can break through the defenses. I will not do much at that front until Laos is defeated.
Mon-RUW-037.png
12th Sep 2026 Tajikistan declares war, no common border yet.

Return to “After Action Reports”