SGT Scuba as Cuba

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

SGT Scuba as Cuba

Post by SGTscuba »

I am going to play world 2020 in crisis.

Settings - all very hard
The plan is to buy only russian and rusisan allies units + UK units maybe.

Couple of aims -

-Hold the USA off.
-Build Cuba up until i can invade the USA, possibly via Mexico.
-Build up the Cuban economy in order to support my war effort.
-Dominate the Caribean.

I have started by placing a lto of facilities on the island, learning from others experiences, i am putting all of my military bases on the island on the sheltered side, in order to stop the US getting there.

I have made an alliance with Russia, and i am gonig to fidn other countries with which to trade with, set within my rules. India and Pakistan are both within the rules as they have a lot of soviet weapons.

I have tried to fidn nations with which to ally myself with, but cannot fidn any but Russia, any suggestions please tell me.

I am now allies with North Korea and Mexico, which i hope to use as a staging ground to invade the US, aswell as helping them to defend themselves.

Have doen quite a bit of trading between NK, Mexico and Russia, and have managed to secure some good unit designs, including the t-90, and some good airplanes, including the backfire b. Next on ym list are balistic weapons, as i plan to go nuclear soon, as well as the SSBN's to launch them and the SSN's to guard them.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
SGTscuba
General

Re: SGT Scuba as Cuba

Post by SGTscuba »

Nk is currently fighting SK, but i am unable to send neither troops or resources as i am in need of both of them. I am in debt but i am manually taknig over the economy temporarily in order to make a profit each day, so that i am able to get construction going again.

Getting some tanks built aswell so that at least i have some modern units with which to fight the Americans, and these will gradually replacve the starter force. I will keep soem units on the island for defence but will send most of the to go fight the US once the war begins.

The most important thing for the moment remains the economy, once i start opening new buildings, it will enable me to then start making more cash, which can then be reinvested again to make even more money - the so called upward spiral.

I am manually trading small amounts of water with Saudi Arabia and Mexico in order to get extra construction on some days and so that my economies recovery will speed up a little bit. this extra money is also being put into building the new tank battalions, although i fear the US tanks will outgun them easily. These will take a whiel to build as i have very little capacity at the moment to produce military goods, and a very small budget to buy these things, of course, military goods come last at the moment for the tiem being.

Gonna keep trading with other countries so that i can get more russian units designs, preferably nukes and their launch platforms.

Traded with Serbia and Slovakia in order to get better techs, and i am slowly beginning to get them, gotta long way to go before i can become a nuclear power, even if it is only in the water. Looks like i gonna have to trade with UK for them.

Didn't get much off the UK, beside the Challenger 3 design, which i will also build to supplement the russian tanks as a form of heavy armoured brigades. However, i had to trade a lot of stuff and 30days worth of products which will take me longer then 30days to supply (i sorta played on a bug here).

Also, my ring of radar stations has started to come online, which will allow me to spot invasion fleets from quite some distance.

I have started espinoage missions with 2 spies on the missile factory in florida, and also put a spy on the little piece of land at the bottom of florida as well to check for enemy aircraft.

SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I am still in debt, but this will sort itself out once I have finished suppling goods to the UK to pay of debts to them.

I am continuing to trade for nuclear boats, and this is taking some time, but should leave me in a better position once i have got them, and when my funds have recovered.

Finally finished trading with India, which has seen me get nuclear reactors aswell as a boat design, both of which i view as a highly successful thing.

In order to get out of debt, i have decided to merely stop paying the UK the resources that I owe them. Since i find no way of just cancelling them, i have severed all diplomatic ties with them, i will now see how the Cuban economy starts to recover from this.

I am still losing money though, albeit at only $8m a day, which i can probably find from somewhere else. Also, now that i am able to keep stocks of goods i am gonig to manually sell them in order to slowly decrease my debt. This is working, and i slowing reducing my $500m debt, and i am manually trading water to Russia for over twice its value, showing how good relations between the nations really are.

This method is working very well and has reduced my debt to just under $400m, as i am selling $26m of goods in return for about $60m in cash, these trades happen every couple of days, when stocks of water have rebuilt, and will continue for as lnog as is needed to get my economy profitable and functioning.

Not much else is happening, besides this, except for the NK vs Asia war, which they are miraculsy holding out very well, and even pushing russia and SK back. I have supplied them with what i can, but at the same price I would sell it to Russia. My debt has been reducing quite a bit, now down to $250m, which means that soon i should be able to start rebuilding my economy and building more units.

Israel has also fallen in other news, but they weren't my ally, and i have no business with them, so it isn't too much of an issue.

mexico has just been nice enough to give me $14000m which will be used to buy resources and finish off rebuilding my economy, so that i am able to build up forces ready to fight the USA.

Mexico is also being nice enough to keep supplying me with money when i get low, as it has probably realised that it will need me to help it to break any future stalemate against the USA.

France is another country that has recently fallen.

My economy is starting to come online, thanks to the input of $25000m of Mexican money, maybe it was a bribe against swine flu?

The food shortage has been alieved, and now i am going to sell on the surplus for that aswell, in order to fund more construction.

SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Continuing to rebuild my economy, it is very slow, so will take as while, suprisingly the USA has DOW'ed me yet, and in actual fact, nobody else.

the Dom Republic has just declared war on me, i will now go out and try to inflict some sort of defeat on them.

Sadly, i have lost a unit, a recon plane trying to find possible enemy shipping, unfortunatly, i do not have any subs to go after them with, and wish to keep my surface forces for convoy guarding.

I am currently preparing a small force of units to go over to either Mexico or Haiti, in order to defend those countries against the agression of others.#

I have offered a full transit treaty with Haiti, but they rejected.

I have begun to send out aircraft to attack enemy shiping north of the enemy island, this has succeeded in destroying several patrol boats, whilst not hitting the US ship at all (they are neutral), this has avenged the shooting down of my recon plane, and also did not cost me much in damage (not squadrons lost, only minor damage to 2). However, fuel has already became a major issue, as my facilities are not yet built (way off too) and i have very little money to import it, the same also goes for military goods, and this has curtailed operation for the time being.

I have paused construction on quite a few coal power plants, all of those affected being in the north, as the game tends to build from north to south resource wise. This will allow greater resources to be put into building more agri, water and most importantly, oil.

On the trade front, Russia is starting to lose money, but because our trade bonds are so strong, i am able to almost get 3x the value of my products in return, which is good news for the economy, as i am able to start to gear up my economy slightly more. My GDC/p has also doubled to $4000 which means i am making a lot more tax money and sales revenue, allowing mroe money to be pumped into the economy, although i would like to see the amount quadrouple, to roughly $50m a day.

Have started trading around for better units, from both china and russia, trading units i buy from one to buy more off the other. This has got me a fair few new designs, and of course, more tanks and aircraft, hoping to get around to buying missiles soon, as i want to get some in order to arm my ships, aircraft and subs.

In a crucial deal with Pakistan, i have managed to aquire most of the techs needed in order to be able to produce Nuclear weapons, i have also managed to secure balistic, land launched conventional missiles, which can be used to bombard targets up to 600km for a 4 day build missile and 1500km away for a 21 day build missile, however, they lack good fortress attack and so will be used to bombard ground forces and as bait.

Russia has also just sold me ICBM's for land launch, this has been as major breakthrough, as well as getting better balistic rockets for use against soft targets such as garrisons.

North Korea has fallen to a much greater enemy, this means i am left one less ally, and trust me, i have very few of those.

Return to “After Action Reports”