Real Men Rule Islands - My Soloman Islands AAR

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Real Men Rule Islands - My Soloman Islands AAR

Post by Xbwalker »

Some of you older AAR readers will remember me. I did the famous "Comoros Shall Rise" AAR and Belize AAR. Well I decided to try something a bit harder. With my Comoros AAR, I openly and happily cheated. I used money cheats and everything else. It was all in fun though. This time I decided to truly test my abilities. Although in the Belize AAR I didn't cheat, I was already on mainland so only had to focus on ground units.

This time I am playing as the tiny Solomon Islands. All my conquests will have to be by air or sea invasion.

Here is a layout of just how bad my starting situation is. Oh and by the way this story will start in 2022 since the first 2 years was alot of economy balancing and trading.

Population started at about 500k and is now just under 700k.
GDP is hovering around 27,000 (it started at 600)
0% tax rate and thus a ton of immigrants.
100% funding for social services
about 8,000 TOTAL staff both in and out of reserves.
NO military whatsoever bar 4 patrol boats
77% Approval Rating (it was 89 but my damn ministers keep increasing domestic prices for no reason)
Stocked up on materials for everything for 30+ years.
Researching mostly social improvements to help increase immigration and birth rate (im at lvl 89 right now ewwwwww)
Again, this was all done without cheating. It just takes a day of watching Family Guy while the ticker slowly creeps by.
And now, the AAR - Oh and apparently the file size for my savegame is too big. sorry. If anyone wants it, I can upload it via xfire.

World is on very tense mode btw.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
World Situation -
During the past few years, hundreds of thousands of soldiers and millions of civilians have died in the numerous conflicts around the globe. In the middle east, Israel has fallen to Syria and Egypt while Syria has taken massive losses in a war against Turkey. The once great nation of Turkey is buckling under a 2 front war and has begun to lose ground in the west against Greece. Greek troops creep closer and closer to her capital every day.

Europe is a pure death zone. With seemingly every country turned on its neighbors, smaller countries like Serbia and surrounding nations have been swallowed up and annexed.

In Asia, the front between Russia and China shifts daily although neither has the resources to truly push deep into the others territory. In the south, China is fighting a bitter and seemingly endless war against Nepal. While the Chinese army outnumbers the Nepalese by many factors, the heavily mountainous land is nearly impossible to tear from their hands. Meanwhile, North Korea has fallen to a Chinese/South Korean invasion.

The United States' war against Mexico has gone sour in the past few months and some even argue that they are beginning to lose it. While the first year of the war saw massive gains against Mexico, the American forces were stopped dead just a few miles north of the capital. The Mexicans, realizing they were outgunned and outnumbered turned to a war of attrition. Hoping to wear the American military machine down by intense urban and defensive terrain fighting, the Mexicans have slowed any attempt at an offensive and dug in. As if thing were not bad enough for the USA, partisans have begun to spring up far behind the lines in previously Mexican towns. The army is in total confusion and now the Mexicans have even begun to take back key buffer cities north of the capital.

Africa is perhaps the bloodiest war zone of all. 5+ nations have already been crushed by the superior South African military machine. The democratic Congo republic is on the verge of collapse and their capital lies in ruins, defended by a mob of starving engineers and civilians. They aren't expected to survive a month. Lesotho and Swaziland have wisely chosen to side with South Africa rather than be crushed and are enjoying relative peace far behind friendly lines.

This brings us to the Pacific. Over the past few years, the Pacific has become a haven of peace. Some call it "The sandy Swizerland". Maintaining neutrality has turned nations like Australia, New Zealand, and surrounding islands into bastions of calm and serenity and immigration has skyrocketed. Most of these countries have welcomed the immigrants too. Finally Australia is beginning to recover from years of worker deficiency and is on the road to becoming a pacific superpower.

This brings us to the tiny Solomon Islands. In recent years, the population has grown by nearly 20% and still the government is begging for more workers. Perhaps even more surprising is that SI ( I will call it this because I am lazy) is now a nuclear power. Through cooperative work with the Uk and Aussies, SI was allowed the construction of the first "3rd World" nuclear reactor. With this huge influx of power came new industry. Industrial manufacturers and consumer product manufacturers have begun to flock to the small island chain. SI has become almost completely self reliant with the exception of Ore and Petroleum. With their economy stable and a huge supply of materials, SI has begun to secretly prepare for their next economic venture. However, this one will require many more workers and the quickest way to aquire them is to take them.

The president has turned his eyes upon his poorer neighbor to the north. Papau New Guinie and soon all of the pacific will one day fly the Solomanian flag. It is time for war...
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Real Men Rule Islands - My Soloman Islands AAR

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

screens?
you raised the GDP to 27000 $ :o , you could get consiquenses...
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

0% tax rate and thus a ton of immigrants.
100% funding for social services
What are you paying your bills with ,Cash from large treasury, or domestic sales ?

If domestic sales,what are the markups ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

As a small island, even if I payed all my bills with no trade income it would only be about 60m a day which to any large country is nothing. I got my money through technology trading between super powers and unit design trading. However, that money has been used to mostly build new industry in the form of nuclear energy and cons/ind plants. Now I am turning a large profit through trade which nearly makes up for the defecit. When I get to work Ill get you some screens.

Return to “After Action Reports”