SOUTH AFRICA AAR with a question on invading across oceans

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

medic911
Major

SOUTH AFRICA AAR with a question on invading across oceans

Post by medic911 »

The AAR follows, but the question i have is this....

my question is... I am building air and sea transports, and securing full transit treaties with countries in north west africa, Caribbean, and south america hoping to be able to draw supplies from their ports and base form their airfields. but my question is.... do i have to manually load and unload and move every single unit or is there some type of blanket order i can give that will allow the computer to figure out how best to transport the units over the distance and ocean?

how can i just select my air and ground forces and tell them to move over to somewhere overseas and have the computer generals figure out what transports to use, in other words?

AAR, South Africa

The first year of the presidential term saw a massive one year construction, research, and military buildup, in South Africa (and its new northern province, formerly the DR Congo, and parts of cameroon.) Seeking the costal ports and oil facilities and fields, and seeking a quick way to be rid of outdated military vehicles, South Africa was ordered to attack DRC overland through angola. A vital supply system weakness was discovered and heavy supply vehicles and fuel efficient tanks, planes, and mech inf were bought from usa, china, england, and russia. Suddenly, and without warning, in the 2nd year of the president's term, South africa was attacked by Bostwana, mozambique, zaier, gabon, and zambia at once. in a little over a month, all these nations were assimilated into south africa.

Our newly founded resource independence was destroyed, costs soared, debt rose. a 100% increase (over 60 plants) in coal plants was ordered, 8 new "other" plants, 20 oil plants, new gas and petrol fields, new coal fields and water plants, construction projects that more than doubled the amount of factories, military facilities, and raw materials fields in less than a year. by the end of year two not only angola, but former enemy cameroon have become staunch allies and trade partners.

year three saw the opening of over 50 hydro plants build simultaneously. military capacity rose to over 5oo active air land and sea forces including attack subs, votl carriers, b1 lancers, f15 strike eagles, FA18s, challenger 2s, t80s, and bradley assault vehicles. south africa becomes the 14th best technological country.

Year four, re-election year, saw the construction of the satellite building and launching facilities, as well as the launching of 2 communication and 1 spy satellite out of 5 of each total ordered. Sabotage missions in Washington dc, andrews, miami, cape Canaveral, and several nuclear powerplants have been successful. (i have had 100% war declaration rights since the first year). recon suggests the best place to invade is west palm beach florida. annual population increases are high. 2 new intelligence agencies are constructed in preparation for sabotage missions of american military facilities. diplomatic relations broken off with USA and ethiopia. transit deals allow for use of british, bahaman, cuban, and Japanese airbases and marshalling area in preparation for attack on America. military units top 900. a chain of nearly 30 radar stations and 40 supply depots created in all of south africa and its new territories. Largest military complex constructed, comprising 6 hexagons, includes fortifications, AAA, barracks, supply depots, radar, airfields, 5 air fabrication plants, and 5 land fabrication plants. domestic budget fluxuating between -400and-600billion. trade income between 600-800billion. surplus between 120-300billion. fully resource independent, one of worlds largest exporters and producers of just about damn near everything. TERM TWO to start soon. promises satellite coverage, and conquering of usa.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: SOUTH AFRICA AAR with a question on invading across oceans

Post by tkobo »

You dont have to do it manually,but i find i get better results doing so.

If you just want to sit back and watch the AI do it, use the air transport order and the sea transport order.

For air transport:
1)Make sure you have decent control over the site your gonna transport your ground units too.
2)I find it best to take an airstrip right off the bat.So my first transport would be of an airdroppable group of ground units right onto an enemy air field.
3)Once i have an airfield, i can start to transport the larger ground units.Just remember the landing point will have to be that air strip or another.

For sea transport:
1)Make sure you have air and sea control over the area.
2)I find it best to first land amphibious ground units, and take over a city and pier that are very close to each other.Same hex is the best.
3)Once i have a pier , i can start to transport the larger ground units to it.

In order to select a group of units and use the transport order:
1)make stacks of the units you want to move and move them next to the appropriate structure (pier or strip) to facilitate the transport .
2)Make sure you have enough transport capacity to move the amount you want in the first wave in one go.
3)move the air or naval transport units close to the stacks and the structures.
4)use a drag and grab to select the stacks you want in the wave,than move to the map area you want to land them in, and use that hex to issue the transport order.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

thanks... ill let you guys know how it goes, i might have enough time to invade before i have to start pre-production on the next movie.

current battleplan....

Prephase: sabotage florida, DC, Andrews, Cape Canaveral (ongoing)

Phase one: secure transit treaties with close nations and nations between africa and america for supplies (80% complete)

Phase two: land first several waves of troops in cuba or bahamas in preparation for attack on west palm beach area. recon 2ndary and tertiary landing zones.

Phase three: prepare home front by raising taxes 1% and lowering social services 2%. Mobilize troops in Caribbean.

Phase four: establish beachhead in florida, hope air superiority can be achieved without fighter interceptors, as i have none. Build units that proove capable in this new type of war against techno-superior power

Phase five: if air attack is weathered, hold at least all of the florida peninsula for as long as it takes to drain american military units. deliver as many re-enforcements as possible

Phase six: capture florida, move to capital.

Phase seven: capture rest of america, or peace the war until such time as we can finish them off.

estimated time before attack begins 6months to a year, its dangerous because they just got something called "metal storm weapons" on all the new vehicle designs, and im still uning challenger 2s and bradleys and ratels, and bmps.
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

NEWS FLASHES from the front.

Jan 2024: South African intelligence agencies confirm alliance between INDIA and PAKISTAN!?

June 2024: north korea invades the south. south loses ground in center and west, battle rages with cut-off troops in wonsan.

July: Our nation of south africa breaks off diplomatic relations with russia after arms deal dissagreement. lines stabilize in Korea, small amount of supplies make it to wonsan. South Africa units count reaches 1100 for first time, reaches 9th place in technology.

September: Breakout immenant in Korea, says south african intelliegence agencies, by christmas SK will invade the north. South African espionage units sabbotage between 5-10 facillities a month ranging from towns, air and space fabrication, launch pads, nuclear plants, tourist attractions, mission control centers, and water facillities. Troops preparing to be activated and staged in Cuba, Bahamas. Arms deals fail with china, Govornment is upset.

Operation build **** almost completed

Operation move **** schedualed to be completed by Feb 1st 2025

Operation Adelae, the invastion of West Palm Beach and Homestead, set to commence by march 17th 2025

we hope to god america does not have too many new metal storm weapons... as that would screw us badly, that last bit was off the record....
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Post by GIJoe597 »

Nice. Awaiting more.. I hope the U.S.A. kicks your teeth in :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

well in the middle of a game now with australia took a few years to build up the cap and sth africa is a hard one t invade as it has higher population and those annoying Recon and the tanks they have. Anyway finally managed to secure the country just had the capital left and basically war of attition the capital collapsed before i captured it i mean the whole country surrendered. Massive arty bombardment will do that

Return to “After Action Reports”