South Africa Global Crisis

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Re: South Africa Global Crisis

Post by bwheatley »

Oh the joys of a big war more partisans. I'm keeping about 50 units behind the lines on C5's to quickly paradrop to anywhere that needs it. Then i have my King Stallions ready to pick them up to get them back to the airfield quickly

We are pushing into Russia deeply but we're still 8000KM away from Moscow holy smokes!!
Our planners have come up with a plan though. We have treaties with India, Saudia Arabia, Qatar, france and germany.

So we will fly via our new China Province through india then the indian ocean, through qatar and saudia arabia, then egypt to france to germany up through the north sea through that sliver of international waters into russia were we will land our airborne troopers.

How does that sound??
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Also for some reason irfan keeps removing thigns from the screen shot like not all my units show up some of the items don't show up its very weird. Do i have to run the game windowed??
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Grr having a hard time taking screen shots. So i will have to just tell everyone since irfan is messing up.

Russia started at about 500M and its own to 10M i hope i might be able to just play the waiting game and bankrupt the country.

They have also lost a lot of their production and their units. In this campaign so far i've only lost about 100k men. I also have my first fleet with 4 Reprisal CVN's moving to places off the coast of france where we will attempt to in the coming months behind our air assault on moscow. Though we are only 1800 miles on the ground from moscow so we might do it this way too. Our cash reserves are also falling fast i wanted to rebuild my economoy after china but i fear it will be an endless span of war after war. We started this war with 1.5 billion now we're down to 500 million in the bank. Though i did drop to defcon 3 and i built tons of new infrastructure so i can stop having to import which has improved my bottom line quite a bit.
Tank
Sergeant

Post by Tank »

Wow, you deserve a pat on the back, the scale of your invasion of Asia (as South Africa no less). Well done, seriously.

Russia's a democracy? I don't usually play this map.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Thanks it certainly is a lot different when you have to supply your entire force from the sea at first. Man takes a lot of time. I'm working on trying to deal russia a knock out blow but i've just pushed in on a very thin corridor so i am getting flanked a lot. I hope i don't run out of steam before i get in AIrdrop range of moscow (Without being hit by AAA that is)
Tank
Sergeant

Post by Tank »

The speed you and many other AARers is amazing, i mean it felt like ages taking Serbia. But then Turkmenestan fell reletivly quickly as Iran. |O
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Our drive into russia is meeting more resistance now.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

The last main city between me and moscow has fallen. Airdrop will be organized soon.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Moscow has fallen more pics to come but they moved their bloody capital to saint petersburg!
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Official Update:

Russia moved its capital to Saint Petersburg so i used my airlift ability to drop about 20 XAV's about 50 klicks to the East of the city. Then we marched into town with limited air support. After that the Russians moved their capital to a city on the dead sea (I think its the dead sea) then i took that becuase i had units a few clicks from there. Then they moved their capital to Voska-Roskto(sp) which is near where stalingrad used to be and we had units near there so the country finally surrendered. The war is over! I hope i can start bribing my neighbors so they don't put up a fight. But after taking out Russia & China i doubt we'll have an enemy nearly as big. And i think my violatility settings are blowing becuase there are no other wars but NK/SK and thats only becuase SK helped me attack NK!
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Moscow Falls

Capital Moves

Attack on the new capital

Russia Finally quits after two more capitals fall.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Now i'm back in a situation where all the new military units has pushed my military to 4 million plus units but no reservers. I'm starting to scrap my old garrisons. Tkobo or someone else you have any quick tips for quickly removing all garrisons so its not a clickfest?? How i long for the days of SR2010 where i can put L and see a list of bases to do this semi-quickly.

We have to get ourself organized i really want to stay out of war for a bit and rebuild my economy and get myself on a proper footing.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Holy cow i have been trying to get my economy back on track because after the fall of russia i ate through 500M in about 30 days. Then my long time ally india offered me 1.5 BILLION no questions asked. Thank you india!! I'm glad we have a repoire.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

WEll i was able to push through so fast becuase i started with about 300 units left over from china. At the end i was starting to get bogged down and lose units too fast. My B2/b3's which did great in china were coming up aganist some tough AA and i lost 20+ of them. My airforce was not a factor in this end advance. Thank goodness for the C5 and AN225 for letting me drop Green Berets and XAV's on the or around the capitals quickly enough to keep it together.

Russia kept pushing 5-10 units at a time into my flanks so ihad to garrison everything it was completely mind blowing. And my fleet which i sent to france only 50% made it the rest ran out of gas in the middle of the med. So i have to send ships back to help refuel them now. UGH!
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Once again i'm trying to dump hundreds of excess units to NK and get it going in its war again. If i could just stay war free myself long enough to rebalance my economy and focus on NK i hope i could help them win. I've estimated i can take the rest of europe if i have to with 1/3 of the units i have already procudeds about (300) out of the 900 i now have after russia's collapse.

Return to “After Action Reports”