South Africa Global Crisis

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

South Africa Global Crisis

Post by bwheatley »

Well i got GC yesterday and i can say so far i like it. And man they really toned down the violance. I put volatility on low and i havent had a war yet but the one i started!

Ok situation so far. It's 2023 as South Africa. I've spent the last 3 years getting myself almost self sustaining in most areas. I also have gone about getting some major tech from the russians and americans. I then turned around and sold that tech to India, Pakistan, Saudia Arabia, Japan, Australia to build up my income. All this money gave me the ability to build out my infrastructure.

Then i tried to start my standard attack africa route and that didn't work becuase the UN kicked me out and nobody would deal with me. So this time i had to behave differently. My game stats told me the only country i had BC on was north korea ( i dont know why). So i declared war on North Korea and i had a mutual defense pact with South Korea so they went to war with me. I had 2 of my beginning transports take about 15 Light Infantry upto china. I came into North Korea from the North West and was promptly beaten back. I have a 3 hex foot hold into North Korea. So i ask for peace throw a big amount of money at them and they agree. They are preoccupied with being attacked by South Korea. So after that little lesson i realize i can't fight a war across the world without some major investments.

I buy the CVN Reprisal from the US and start building that a long with 3 Lewis and Clark class transports. In a little more then 2 years i have managed to build up 4 SSN Virginias, 2 DD-1000's along with the CVN Reprisal and 7 C5's. (it sure would be nice if i could see what my allies have in reserve so i can buy units from them but its nice enough that i can sell units to anyone now). Man those C5's are awesome i've managed to air lift 150 Divisions to my base to the north west of Korea. I build 5 land fab bases there too and an airfield. This little bridgehead is going to be the undoing of north korea.

bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Re: South Africa Global Crisis

Post by bwheatley »

So once i had enough overwhelming force i saw that South Korea was doing a pretty good job of wearing down North Korea. They had pushed and taking almost 20 million km of land and it looked like NK (north korea) had gone to the defensive.

Call me a crazy dictator but i didn't want this to happen. So i immediately started funnelling money, supplies and units to NK. I send them 300 Light Infantry divisions, 10 CV-35 wings, along with a few hundred missiles. Along with that i started a building campaign to get 6 new intelligence buildings constructed. I've used the spies to start attacking south korea's bases and infrastructure.

After about 60 days of these attacks it looks like NK is at least back to the initial invasion lines and has started to rack up a lot of SK kills. NK is still losing at almost 2-1 in the number of units but this is progress.

I have reduced SK's electric output by 25% along with keeping new units from being created by attacking their land and air fab sites. My plan is hopefully i can bleed NK dry while letting them take over SK and then swoop in to take all the land.

Any tips on getting BC aganist a country or at least getting them to be pissed off enough at me to attack? I really want to start expanding closer to home without getting booted from the UN.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

With 99 days until election and a tax rate of 80% with services of 10% my popularity was only 20%. So i've removed all taxes for now and given 100% of social services support. I hope to trick the public into voting for me. It work's in the US hopefully it will work here too!

After 99 days we win a decisive victory with 57.4% of the vote! Time to start retaxing and taking care of business. I burned through about 200M in those 99 days because of deficits.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Man in a war a CPU player can really go through some funds and supplies. I still am only at peace with NK becuase i want to be able to attack when the time is right but i have been feeding supplies to her. I have given NK more then 300Million bbl of petrol and 10 million units of military goods. Also i have just shipped off a batch of 50 divisions of arty and 200 divisions of light infantry. After doing that the NK's were able to push and take Kaesong. Also note this screen shot. The south koreas had 100 million at the start of this war and they are broke and they are also starting to take help from the UN. They recently changed from defcon 1 to defcon 3 to save my i suppose. And my spys are really starting to tear them apart.

Note the money for South Korea.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Jan 19th 2025
New Capetown (AP) - In a stunning movie the week after it appeared the relations between South Africa and North Korea were about to be normalized the opposite happened.
Hundreds of divisions of infantry and tanks emerged from a DMZ to the NW of Korea that south africa had taken in the tiny war 3 years ago. WIth the North Korean Forces pushing onto Seoul the rear of North Korea was very undefended. In a stunning campaign that lasted 11 days the South Africa Expeditionary force pushed and took the capital of North Korea where the dictator fled the country. The whole of the North Korean war machine was taken intact. It appears though there were some casulaties for the South Africans. It is reported that a battlegroup of 1 CVN Reprisal and 6 DD-1000 class Destroyers and 6 SSN Virginas were all sunk by the antiquated North Korean Submarine force using dozens of old kilo class submarines. It also appears the South Africans lost about 10 wings of aircraft. One issue apparently for the South Africa leadership was getting all these units into the field. Apparently the military did not have a big enough reserve of personnal to man all the equipment. As a result the South African government announced a pay raise of 100% to all military enlistees.

Though on a sore note the UN did not look fondly upon the south african sneak attack and threatened to remove the South African Union from the UN.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

As you see i have most of the country intact. Maybe 1/5th of it went to south Korea.

Our losses from combat
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Feb 6 2025
Internal Memo **Classified**
War to be declared

We were given notification that a state of war exists between South Africa and Mozambique. We have only minor reservers of 70-80 Infantry divisions and a few tank divisions in South Africa. We have begun immediate airlift of units from the korean penninsula to reinforce our position. We have 10-15 fighter wings and a few B2 bomber wings as well. We have garrisons all along our border so they should be able to slow down the enemy advance while we get into position.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

In another turn of events 3 days after being DOW by mozambique i have also been DOW by russia. THankfully china i have a pretty close relationship. I'm hoping in time i can patch up russias relationship. If not this might be a hard war!
HalakBalakBalak
Captain

Post by HalakBalakBalak »

Why do you seem to have so few nations in the game?
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Hrm i was using a screen prog irfan i guess it has some bugs :)
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

Blurg, In a cruel twist of fate i had a computer issue and lost my progress so i have to pick up right before my attack on NK. But hindsight being what it is i am going to take a few different paths this time. I am thinking i want to sure up international support first before going to war. Also i need to mind my navies better 7 Virgina class subs getting blow up by a few kilo class antiques was pretty upsetting LOL.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

The supreme military commander has decided that instead of taking the small fish of North Korea that would only open us up to attack from an angry Russia and China. So we have firmed up relations with Australia, france, UK, US, India. We have launched a full scale invasion of China. Our goal is to send 200 Divisions right towards bejing. With almost 2 trillion dollars in the bank that will help our war machine stay solvent.

Our only issue for now is having enough military personal available. So we have started a program to pay soldiers like kings hoping that will increase the draw.

In 2 weeks of battle our forces blitzed into Eastern china. We captured 52,000Km worth of territory and inflited 136k deaths upon the enemy. We smashed 517 enemy divisions while only losing 66 divisions and 61,899 dead. The daunting task though is that our army only numbers 381,000 highly trained soldiers where the red army has almost 3 million. Our generals suggested to me that this plan was crazy and would result in a massive problem to our future growth.

Top Secret Battle Plans
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

In our current operation we lost our aircraft carrier. It was a sad day after spending two years building that ship to see it lost in one blink of an eye. THankfully our fighters can make pretty fast work of the chinese navy. We have increased missile production and are going to start building massive amounts of air to sea and sea to sea missiles to try to thing the ranks of the enemy fleet.

Suggestions?? It looks like china is willing to enter peace talks if you all think this is a fools errand? This could quickly get out of hand.

Our Order of battle so far is the 3rd Army Corp comprised of 151 light infantry divisions along with 10 Merkava 4 divisions. The infantry has taken a pretty big mauling so i am going to firm up those flanks and hold stay for a bit so i can draw some more forces out of the reserves. It's a daily battle so far to enough troops in the reserves for all the new units i'm building.

Another issue is i have to change my C5's flight plans. They used to fly directly over china but now i think if i set them to cautious route they will fly around china. They are the lifeline that is keeping me supplied. Also i have about 10 tank divisions in reserve in South Africa. I have an idea that i might mass them into my transports and take them into india for another attack into chian from a different area. I need to try to divide the chinese army as much as possible if i have any chance of success.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

May 29th 2025,

Ethiopia has declared war on us and will not talk about peace terms. We have awhile before we can get ourselves to ethiopia. But it appears that any shot of getting back into the UN is going to be hosed.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

May 30th,

Congo and Zambia both declared war. This looks like its going downhill fast anyone have suggestions to stem the tide? I have positioned about 50 divisions of light infantry into strategic reserves around my borders just in case a country who borders me decides to throw down.

Return to “After Action Reports”