World Conqured AAR?

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

World Conqured AAR?

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Have anyone invaded "earth" whit no destroyed units?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: World Conqured AAR?

Post by Ruges »

It would be fairly hard to conqure the world without loosing any units. All it takes is a couple missles to get shot at one of your units and poof its gone. And you would probly only want a hundred or two units on the battle field. Becouse you get many more then that and you wont be able to watch the health of all of them.

So I could see it being possible, just pretty damn difficult. And completly not worth it.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Ruges wrote:It would be fairly hard to conqure the world without loosing any units. All it takes is a couple missles to get shot at one of your units and poof its gone. And you would probly only want a hundred or two units on the battle field. Becouse you get many more then that and you wont be able to watch the health of all of them.

So I could see it being possible, just pretty damn difficult. And completly not worth it.
how so not worth it?
Happy Linux user!
HalakBalakBalak
Captain

Post by HalakBalakBalak »

You would be playing for months on the one game.
And you would move like a snail, not being able to just let the game do it's thing.

You couldn't have a navy, no air force, you would essentially need a massive army full of walking offensive miracle machines.
Opthalamia
Colonel

Post by Opthalamia »

Moin,

there is a way to do it. Massive use of rockets with a high range + AA of high range AND complete human controll with a slow game. Youll need some month....no thanks.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Yea but you are going to need to transport some ships across the ocean. All it takes is a couple missles from the enemies, and boom 1 unit lost. You wont be able to use tankers as sometimes they go poof, which means you are going to have issue moving fighters around. Is there a new advanced stealth bomber in GC? If so maybe you could base your entire military off of stealth bombers and missles. Tons of missles. Like 5,000+ missle fabs. All churning out nukes.
Opthalamia
Colonel

Post by Opthalamia »

You can do it without ships, and yes, you need a lot of missles. You have to avoid some water, cause some nations have ships with a high aa-range. Use some patrol planes, and let them conquer the oceans hex after hex. Allways stay out of enemy radar range. Micromanegement.

And one mistake...
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

In my current game I have not even gone to war yet and lost 2 units. One was a tanker that flew over an AI airfield and went poof when it gave all its fuel away. and the other was a transport plane that I guess got nutrual fire from Iran and went poof.
Opthalamia
Colonel

Post by Opthalamia »

I loose some planes after srapping airfields in unwantet military complexes.

You can make a lot of mistakes. But, the question is, why should i try a WC without loosing one unit? Hullu Hevonen, if you want, try it.
catatonic
General
Human: Yes

Post by catatonic »

Here is someone who conqured Earth:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... =34&t=7866
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

catatonic wrote:Here is someone who conqured Earth:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... =34&t=7866
That was on 2010. And this post is about conquring the world without a single unit loss. Conquring the world is doable with any country given enough time.
ConfederateHalo
Sergeant

Post by ConfederateHalo »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Have anyone invaded "earth" whit no destroyed units?
I took over Earth as Germany.I did lose a few units though,but I did take over the world.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Its possible, but not damn likely.The defection system pretty much screws you over sooner or later.
Ive been shooting for under 100 units lost in sr2020,but havent managed it yet.

I came really close in an sr2010 game once, got to about only 5 small allied regions and one huge allied region left, and had only lost like 5 units til then.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
mop
Sergeant

Post by mop »

Just a though!!

Since Petroleum is required to run any unit, what if you conquer and invade major suppliers of Petroleum and some small suppliers of Petroleum and then become self sufficient in all resources challenging but doable and i don't think this would take months....

Also now if you break all treaties with all countries and be kicked out of UN this would stop the world from buying Petroleum from your monopoly....

This could theoretically stop most of the planet from even producing or moving units and you can just carped bomb them and invade like a invader should!!!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

good plan though, i've tried it, there will allways be nations whit oil and they can allway expand their production. I've managed to invade specific nation/alliances whit no own causulties. Eg. I invaded syria, jordan lebanon, israel and egypt whitout causulties as iraq and then i used xa-180, xa-203, bmp-2, t-55/65 etc. That is rather bad units, but when you first cause theese natons a economic naton. Though then after i liberated the western iraqistan i tried to do the same to eastern(iran), which ended in a bloodbath, i got spammed by every thing and excanged missile fire. :lol:
Happy Linux user!

Return to “After Action Reports”