USA AAR

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Alliances? How important are they to you

Very Important
13%
Moderately Important
31%
Less Important
33%
I do not worry with alliances
23%

Total votes: 39
tonystowe
Colonel

USA AAR

Post by tonystowe »

Let me begin with the fact that I intend to update this AAR at the end of each GAME Month. I intend to provide pics to highlight key events/key situations while I try to articulate this for you all. It is apparent that I am a genius in my own mind, so criticism is always welcome.

SR 2020 5.4.1

Player: USA
Difficulty settings: Very Hard on all settings

01 JAN 2020
· Research – I selected every tech to be placed into the research queue with an initial cost of $482 bn and split between the seventeen research centers. An additional six facilities are under construction leveraging another $28.8 bn dollars.

· Military – Initial production started with the following focus:
o Ground: Green Berets, M901E LOSAT AT, MIM-204 MEADS AD, MIM-210 THAAD ERINT AD
o Air: F-35C-CV, B-2A, B-1B, B-52H, RF-15CJ
o Navy: CVN-68, DDG 1000 Zuwalt, DDG-71 Arliegh Burke
o Missile: BGM 109X, AGM-154APW JSOW, M39 ATACMS IIA, AGM84E SLAM ER, AGM-84G Harpoon, AGM-12D

- This production came with a price tag of $130 bn so to ease the strain on the budget I reduced the maintenance and training budget from the recommended $638 bn to $360 bn. The budgeted $167 bn for pay and allowances remained at the recommended level.

- Currently the military is protecting its domestic shores with a focus on modernizing equipment and redeployment to facilitate better reaction time to threats. All branches of service will be going through restructuring to meet the new administration’s intent.

· Finance – The current deficit is an overbearing $7.92 trillion and is a primary focus of this administration second only to defense initiatives. With unemployment remaining at a low 4.8% and inflation at 3.9% the administration has room expand.

· Production – With such a robust economy and industrial footprint it is not a surprise that Petroleum has a four billion barrel deficit, Coal has a 200 million ton deficit, Ore has a 45 million ton deficit, and Uranium at a 20 million kilogram deficit. All of these issues are going to be ratified through diplomacy and domestic improvements and construction allowing for more self-sufficiency.

01-31 JAN 2020

During this week, the Secretary of State was successful at negotiating several alliances around the globe and during a conference after returning to Washington he made the following announcement. “Today we have secured our interests around the globe in both large and small part. The large part being the successful negotiation of a full alliance with France, United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea and New Zealand. These alliances will allow the US to deploy around the globe to secure our future interests. Additionally, many regions around the globe understood the importance of maintaining favorable relations with the US. During most negotiations, we did not offer a full alliance however an agreement was reached for a Non-Aggression Pact, Full Transit authority, Line of Sight, Free Flow of Labor Force and Criminal Extradition with: Macedonia, Philippines, Laos, Azerbaijan, Cambodia, Nepal, Kosovo, Finland, Slovakia, India, Thailand, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Israel, Greece, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Poland, Moldova, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Georgia Republic, and Mongolia. Each of these regions where open-minded and while many wanted a full alliance, the US is not interested in such cumbersome agreements. This does not mean that the US will not support these regions; it simply means that we will not be the police force for the world.”
The Secretary of State continued by saying, “Additional treaties were made for a Full Transit authority, Line of Sight, Free Flow of Labor Force, and Criminal Extradition with: Italy, Tunisia, Turkey, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Austria, Hungary, Ukraine, Romania, Belarus, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Armenia, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Oman, Egypt, and Somalia.”
He continued, “The current state of affairs of the world is too unstable for the US to agree to such widespread alliances. The US will not sit idly by while another region is being overran, but to facilitate that we must position our military and be prepared to react to many issues.”

INTSUM (Intelligence Summary)
01 JAN 2020

A recent briefing on the affairs of Canada and Mexico strongly suggests that either region have the capability of interfering with US interests by means of a DoW. While neither have the economic foundation for a prolonged war, nor the military capability needed to overrun the US, both are very capable of being a nuisance. Both have a zero DipRate and CivRate which supports their government’s 46% CB against the US. It is recommended that domestic military deployments are initiated to deal with these possibilities.

30 JAN 2020

Several DoW were made during the last 30 days:
- 05 JAN 2020 – Israel DoW Syria
- The US gave Israel an undisclosed, generous military package to assist it with its offensive/defensive capabilities. One report indicated that a large delivery of military goods, petroleum, ore, and amount of cash was part of the deal.

- 07 JAN 2020 – Israel DOW Iran
- 08 JAN 2020 – India DOW China
- 09 JAN 2020 – Germany DoW Czech Republic
- 11 JAN 2020 – China DoW Kazakhstan
- 14 JAN 2020 – Mongolia DoW China
- 16 JAN 2020 – North Korea DoW South Korea
· The US military, while having a plan for redeploying troops to South Korea, were a long way from fully implementing this plan. North Korea’s DoW sped up that timeline considerably with an immediate call-up of all Ranger (5 total), Marine (9 total), Green Beret (5 total), 9x M901 AT, 9x Avenger AD, 47x M777E1 155mm Arty units. This air mobile/air droppable element was to assist South Korea in stopping any North Korean push southward. The Advance party, all of the above but the M777E1 artillery units, departed California on 27 JAN 2020 and arrived on 30 JAN 2020 at Kangnung AB, South Korea. The Adv Party was deployed across the DMZ with 1x Green Beret (GB), 1x Avenger, and 1x M901 deployed to Seoul; 3x M901, 1x Avenger deployed to P’och’on; 3x Marine, 4x Ranger, 4x GB, 3x M901, and 4x Avenger were deployed 32km’s south of the DMZ along the east coast northwest of Sokcho’ to fill in the gap the South Korean line. The remaining 5x Marines, 1x Ranger, 4x M901, and 3x Avenger are at “Ready-5” as the reserve force. At this time the US has not made a DoW against North Korea.
- It should be noted that on 15 JAN 2020 the US made an undisclosed, generous military package offer to South Korea to bolster its defensive/offensive capabilities. While the US denies any wrong doing it is obvious that the package provided may have been a factor in North Korea's DoW.

- 23 JAN 2020 – Russia DoW North Korea
- 23 JAN 2020 – Germany DoW Austria
- 25 JAN 2020 – Germany DoW Poland
- 26 JAN 2020 – Pakistan DoW Poland
- 26 JAN 2020 – Canada DoW USA
· This was a shock to be honest, as I had done everything to avoid this as my interests lay in North Korea and I did not want to waste resources on a local fight.

· 27 JAN 2020 – In response to Canada’s DoW all B-52H, B-1B, B-2 bombers, F-22A and F-35 aircraft were activated as the country prepared for war. At this point, activation orders had not been issued to ground or naval units. Additionally, the Secretary of State met with the Canadian envoy indicating our desire to end the state of war immediately and that a second offer would not be available. Surprisingly, the Canadian government withdrew their declaration of war and signed a Peace agreement, before the day had ended, with no stipulations.

MILITARY
30 JAN 2020
Two U-2, 3x P-3C ASW, 2x B-2, 3 B-1, 11x F-22, and 3x F-35 aircraft are deploying to South Korea in order to (IOT) begin immediate surveillance of North Korean activity/capabilities and to provide air support to coalition operations. C-5 aircraft are redeploying to the US IOT transport the needed arty and supply units to support the Adv Party. Additionally, 5x Special Forces and 5x Abn Elite units are deploying for tours on the Korean Peninsula.

The Naval Chief of Staff has outlined the maritime support for operations on the Korean peninsula. The follow assets will transport combat forces:
· 2x CVN-68 – Each carrying 3x M1A2, 2x M2A4, 1x M3A4, 8x M109A6, 6x Heavy Supply, and 4x Helo’s (or CV-22).
· 3x AOE-1 – Each carrying 6x M1A2, 4x M2A4, 2x M3A4, 2x M109A6, and 4x Heavy Supply.
· 1x LDH-1 – Carrying 2x Helo (or CV-22), 4x MIM-104 Pac2, 4x Heavy Supply, 6x M270A1 MLRS, 6x Himars MLRS
· 1x LDH-1 – Carrying 2x Helo (or CV-22), 21x M109A6, 1x Heavy Supply

This will constitute the 1st and 2nd Armor DIV's with a total of 8x Armor BCT, 5x Heavy Arty Bde, 2x Air Support Sqdn’s, and additional long range air defense to supplement the Advance Party assets already in place.

INTSUM North Korea

AS OF 310000JAN2020Z, 10th Mountain Div forward reported that the North Korean military had established static defensive positions between the DMZ, Wonsan and Koksan-up. In all three sectors, North (Wonsan), Center (Koksan-up), and South (northwest of Seoul), there is a large concentration or 100+ artillery units (76mm, 122mm, 130mm, 152mm arty, and 107mm MLRS) lightly defended by SOF, anti-tank, a few BTR’s and T-55’s, with engineer support. Imagery shows that in the Southern sector there are two SA-2 Guideline units (range 57km) positioned approximately 128km’s northwest of the DMZ, which allows us possible air opportunities in the north and to a lesser degree in the center sector. In the city of Mirm, located just southeast of Pyongyang, there is an AIR DEFENSE station with a range of 151kms for low (620 damage), medium (740), and high (40). This is a serious threat to coalition air operations.

End Report

(February's report is forthcoming)

Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: USA AAR

Post by Ruges »

Its not clear in your report, but did the US goto war with NK? If so, I believe that would trigger an eary attack from Canada no mater how much you tried to prevent it.

Also in reguards to your poll. While I dont find Alliances necisary, I do find they add flavor and objectives during the game.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

No, I have not DoW against NK yet. I do not intend to do that until after my troops arrive.
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Post by GIJoe597 »

I voted less important only because the there were no reasons listed. They are less important to me because they are odd in game. If they meant something, if the AI did not try to ally with everyone on the planet, then I would have cast a different vote.

Good read.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I voted moderately, becuase though they are not needed, used right they can secure your borders on one front(or more fronts) as you pursue your agenda on other fronts.

So although they dont do everything id like all the time, i can at least count on that from them for a reasonable amount of time.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Spetznaz123
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by Spetznaz123 »

Alliances are basically useless to me unless you want to make a nation have good relations with you for economic reasons otherwise they are useless..

Well, at least when you play as russia 99.9% of the time..0.1=Lebanon/Syria/Fiji
Алекса́ндр Васи́льевич Колча́к
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Since my first post here almost a year ago, I have learned more about alliances. And how important they are. Alliances are a way to increase relations with other countries. Increased relations means they like you more. The more people that like you the beter your UN standings are. The more they like you the higher your subsidies are, The less likiley you are declared war on.

While your allies will almost never come to your aid with military units. The above relation and economy benifiets are more then enough to warrent them.

Of course they are more useless if you or your allies get kicked out of the UN. And even bad if your allies are on the loosing side of a war.
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Post by sa_3_d911 »

Ruges wrote:Since my first post here almost a year ago, I have learned more about alliances. And how important they are. Alliances are a way to increase relations with other countries. Increased relations means they like you more. The more people that like you the beter your UN standings are. The more they like you the higher your subsidies are, The less likiley you are declared war on.

While your allies will almost never come to your aid with military units. The above relation and economy benifiets are more then enough to warrent them.

Of course they are more useless if you or your allies get kicked out of the UN. And even bad if your allies are on the loosing side of a war.
actually alliances are rather useless & crippling when you play with Egypt as you are allied with all your neighbors which in turn forces me to invade italy & then head to eastren europe & then to iran so basically i keep circling the globe but it is a good thing to increase your UN approval so i always Allie my self with japan only so that i attack all countries in my way
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel

MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Old post but since its been revived I went ahead and voted moderately important. Having allies are far from useless but there are times when the player doesnt need them.

This also depends on what type of game Im planning on playing. They are more important if I want to be the one that helps those AI allies end thier wars or If I want to get involved against our common enemy/s.

They are more important if I am playing a small / poor region. The differences in trading prices being the most noticable.

They are less important if I am playing a Superpower type region or a region bent on world domination.

Im kinda like Ruges, I have learned more about alliances and relations and thier game effects. Some people could care less about thier U.N. standing but being able to accomplish your goals w/o getting kicked out of the U.N. adds another layer of difficulty to the game.

I only wish that BG could put in an option like they did for the world volitility. That way you could have High volitility with Low alliances or numerous other combinations.

Return to “After Action Reports”