SpainAAR-World Conquest hotspotting with the military AI?

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Re: SpainAAR-World Conquest hotspotting with the military AI?

Post by Gonzar »

18th December. Poland surrender. Now Belarus and Ukranie will storm through the new common border, but we will stop them and begin the assault to their countries.
PolandSurrender.png
The casualties of the poland war. Not bad for the spanish horde.
PW-Casualties.png
We can now produce the new infantry model LAV-5A. Soon we will have an army of those and conquest will be even easier.
LAV-5A.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

20th December. Our units have arrived at both borders. Battle all over the front. Both countries have many, many units, specially Belarus, with hundreds of T-80's tanks.
UK-BEL-Border.png
26th December. Advance continues in both fronts. The massive amount of enemy artillery (specially long range artillery) has caused many casualties in my forces. Despite all the main enemy forces seem to have been defeated, and for the first time in this front advance is faster than supply build.
UK-BEL-Offensive.png
31th December. Assault on Minsk.
UK-BEL-Minsk.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

1st January 2025. Minsk has been captured.
UK-BEL-MinskTaken.png
2th January. Belarus move their capital to Homel.

11th Januray 2025. And here it is. The long awaited announcement: Rusia declared war on us. This is for now our common border with them, the european enclave around Kaliningrad and their stratagic Port. I order the advanced in the two other fronts to hold on. Our main objective now will be to conquest this Kaliningrad area.
RS-DOW.png
RS-Kaliningrad.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

19th January. Kalinigrad has been captured. All enemy units have been killed, including most of their fleet.
RS-KaliningradTaken.png
5th February, the new capital from Belarus, Homel has been taken.
UK-BEL-HomelTaken.png
7th February, near the former Belarus-Rusian border, our forces fight agains russian ones. The new capital from Belarus is the north.
UK-BEL-RusBorder.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Few hours later Belarus surrender.
BelaursSurrender.png
These are the casualties of the belarusian war:
BelarusCasualties.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

10th February, this is our rusian border now. A heavy offensive has been stopped. Hundreds of russian units have been killed, and it seems we will be able to hold the line here. Now we will focus again towards the Ukranie and Moldova to finish both off.
RU-OffensiveBorder.png
15th February, assault on Kiev. Again heavy artillery fire has killed many of my units, but the assault continue despite the casualties.
UKR-KievAssault.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

17th February, Kiev falls and the Ukranie surrender.
UkranieSurrender.png
The casualties of the ukranian war:
UkranieCasualties.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

23th February. Moldova surrender. We have manage to keep the russian bordar more or less intact. Now we will try to establish a closed front all over the line, as the first step to invade mother Russia.
MoldovaSurrender.png
The casualties of the moldovan war:
MoldovaCasualties.png
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

bwheatley wrote:I finally caught up on this thread. You need to now focus on europe. I really want you to get to russia and have a knock down drag out with them. I suspect they will be tough for surrendering too. But to make it equally challenging you should go after italy at the smae time.
Welcome to this AAR. Here you have the first chapters of the russian war. Italy was conquered long ago.
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

hey gonzar, next time can you give us at least two slides for the small countries? or maybe just more information?
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

hi killerflood,
not sure what you mean. If there is anything you want to know or anything i can explain in more detail, just tell me. I try to be more detailed in the AAR if i see there is a minimum challenge. But just ask away what you wish to know :-) .
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

like for moldova you just said they surrendered right after you began attacking giving us no information at all on how it went.

for poland you just said that you captured warsaw then that was it, they surrendered. you know poland wasn't a total pushover. there must have been some resistance in there!

im just asking for more information. that is all.
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

killerflood wrote:like for moldova you just said they surrendered right after you began attacking giving us no information at all on how it went.

for poland you just said that you captured warsaw then that was it, they surrendered. you know poland wasn't a total pushover. there must have been some resistance in there!

im just asking for more information. that is all.
Well, i thought the images and the brief text gave enough information when there was no challenge. Regarding Poland, for example, you can read that i began the attack on 7th december with overwhelming forces handed to the AI. Warsaw was taken 10 days later, more because of supply catch up than other causes. And Poland surrendered the next day. You can see in the casualties image it took almost 700 polnish units and none on our side, even with the AI playing hotspotting. It was a pushover in my opinion.

Regarding Moldova, you can read i began the attack on 17th February and they surrendered on 23th Feb, also 5 days combat. You can also take a look at the casualties.

But i can understand what you mean. Probably the problem is that it is just too easy to defeat the AI yet, even more with the new modern units, while most countries still have their obsolete units. I am getting bored of this, even letting the AI manage it, there is litte challenge. The very easy win in Kaliningrad against Russia or that relativ easy way i could keep the borders against Russia while finishing Ukranie and Moldova, was maybe the break point.
I guess my "boredom" with the present game im playing, has come somehow through in this AAR and im getting too brief in my explanations :-) . I have already several ideas that i would like to test in a new game, and i don't have much fun in continuing this game just to finished the world conquest. I guess most of you are also not much interested in this AAR anymore.

I will probably let it be here, it was fun to test some aspects of the game, like the AI hostpotting, going to war with no artillery, tanks or AA's and pushing early on to avoid having a too big tech difference with the AI. I enjoyed it and was a pleasant experience (and a challenge for me) to write this AAR.

To answer the question i put on the title: i would still say, well "kind of". The AI isn't very brilliant at the moment and don't use efficiently air, naval or artillery units. Even the new features of suppliying front units only make them loose all supply units very fast. If the AI has overwhelming numbers and/or superior fire power than it does a good job.
I think there could be still marging in improving how the AI take decisions regarding offensives and building units, maybe through the AIparms.csv and building priorities. One interesting thing i could see in all conquered countries with sea access was that the AI had built lots of subs with the improved building capacity (x3) that was modded in this game. Also the number of airplanes was higher, but probably more because of increased supplying units.
Lets see what the next patch brings regarding AI capacity. Though i know a human will always find a way in defeating the AI, the fun aspect is in the challenge. I enjoyed a lot the german offensive. I had to put everything to stop them, but is somehow sadly that it was so because i didn't have artillery or tanks.
Well, i wrote much more than i intended. It was fun for me :-) and i want to thank you to all that have read this AAR so far and enjoyed it with me.
Turkfan
Sergeant

Post by Turkfan »

Great effort!
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Post by bwheatley »

At least finish up with the capture of russia pretty please with cheese :)

Return to “After Action Reports”