World War 3 - German AAR

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Seprinth
Sergeant

World War 3 - German AAR

Post by Seprinth »

Playing in world 2020

It is January 26, 2028. i am in my 3rd term.

My economy has being in recession for the past 3 to 4 months. I have over 50,000 in GDP/C
and over 6 trillion in GDP it self. I have invaded and annexed Czech republic, Austria, and Denmark.

I currently have about 120 million people in my country. I am allied with france, and have many other diplomatic pacts with them. I also have a non-aggression pact with Italy.

Currently my main objective is to take poland, i have 3 fronts for sure, maybe 4 if switzerland declares war on me.

Look at the top countries:

as you can see i already lost 71 thousand troops in my previous 3 wars.

My military:

and my finance:

trade is also keeping my country from collapsing

Here is a more close up view of the fronts.

eastern front

if you look close enough you can obviously see i have land fortifications.

and a look at the northern front(denmark)

i just have to hold off the swedes over the bridge.

and of course the western front:

The low countries should fall with ease.
Seprinth
Sergeant

Re: World War 3 - German AAR

Post by Seprinth »

I start my attack on Febuary 15, with in 12 hours all of the dutch lines fall.

My first attack, was by infantry. than will come in the mighty leopard tanks for the final assault.

The enemy are holding a town called hengalo. i have air support and we are tring to take that town as our top priority.

all of the dutch lines falls.

so far on the 2nd day of the fighting i have lost 3400 troops and the dutch have lost close to 10,000.

continue advance on northern half of neatherlands.

moving in on amsterdam, the capital of the neatherlands.

war with belgium starts, i imediately blitzkrieg towards brussels.

brussels in sight.

the whole of the western front, belgium has declared war on me, and soon i myself will attack luxemburg.

Neatherlands is about to fall. Losing about 90,000 troops she should. With belgium at a death toll of 41,000 troops. I dont expect them to hold out much longer at this rate.

Neatherlands last breath of air

luxemburg is invaded, i use france to sorround this tiny country.

they only have one garrison in capitol.

military death tolls(ive ben in 3 wars already)

the german army rests.

after taking the low countries my population is at 151 million, and my economy is getting better! I NEED MORE LAND! my next target is poland...

The Wermacht moves towards poland...

One the eastern front, ready to invade. Ill easily have 500,000 troops attack first. Warsaw is the non Fog of war area, in the middle of poland. I have made a hot spot for heavy air support.... Poland and all other eastern countries will fall with ease. Except of course russia.
Seprinth
Sergeant

Post by Seprinth »

The war with poland is declared, they have about 150,000 troops compared to my staggering 1.55 million, and they are growing!

it has being declared.

toying with the poles in only sending infantry, until the heavy leopards come.

or just a mass assault of everything.

the poles begin to show tear and wear against the brute german army, i hope they dont get encircled.

the switz get involved.and catch me off guard too

than slovakia, and hungary get involved.

hmmm simple all fronts going good.. i didnt think id being doing this good... im gonna break the pact adn invade italy.

the alp front opens up, the italians show little force...Only attacking with little or more than 20,000 troops. Easily held off by fortifications and the already present german army there.

soon after, the UK joins in. Now this will be interesting how this plays out... sence i dont have a very good navy and wont be able to transport any troops..

casulity list

closing in on warsaw

The greater german army! our supplies our thick and men willing. The greater 4th reich will be reached!

the northern front... maybe i should put an offenisve up there as well?

The russians have also declared war.. soon all of eastern europe will be at war and soon will fall... how will the russians put up with my army? they have a good sized army of 1.90+ million, they are bigger, alot bigger... especiallay at when im at war with alot of other countries. But i have way bigger build capacity and i shall begin my attack on....FRANCE! they are doing jack ****...and will soon see leopards rolling through the roads of paris, as did there great grand father which are the panzers.
kirazzo
Warrant Officer

Post by kirazzo »

Hey Seprinth,

Interesting reading, nice speedy pace and lots of pics which I like :-) I just hope you are not overextending yourself. :wink:

I have a quick question for you if you dont mind, are you letting the AI control any of your trops or are you issuing the orders on your own? Any use of hotspots etc?

Cheers
/Kirazzo
Seprinth
Sergeant

Post by Seprinth »

The Ai is on medium initiative, or something of it. So the AI will move the troops, but not a great deal to open up fronts. I will turn on the initiative higher for there own occasions. like right now the fronts are so spread apart and my economy is heading towards the worse. So i have the ai set higher, so i dont have to do as much micro(and i like the speed on normal). But as you see with one of the pics, i am indeed sending a large number of battalions(or w/e size the unit figures represent) toward poland.

Yes i use a great deal of hotspots mainly for combined air/land offensives. beCause i still dont grasp controlling air all too well. but there fantastic too use against key points, and well guarded low visibility and urban areas.

hope that clears it up
Seprinth
Sergeant

Post by Seprinth »

I shall spread the war too none other than my only ally... France has not done a thing. The French think they will be safe as long as were allied...

Well say goodbye too it and all the free western europe, will go too.

I will declare war on France...and i will storm paris!

But first i have an abundant amount of artillery and leopards sitting around on the Souther front or Alps front. Italy will be shaken by German artillery!

the invasion of france

After the invasion of france commence, i decided to take out italy! After all they wont putting much an effort to hinder me from my conquests, so i figured they were weak. I assembled lots of artillery to take down all garrisons from afar.

meanwhile in france, im getting fairly close in capturing paris, im encircling it at the moment.

and back to the southern/alps campaign you can clearly see it paid off.

The switz are just bairly holding on, they lost over 70,000 troops!

encircling in progress

complete, how long can they hold out?

the great german empire

just as belarus country is about to fall, i forget about russia! there T-80S are smashing through the border!

casulity list

Closing in on the capitol of ukraine!

and the capitol of Romania!

Russian advances and belarus and ukranian partisans are hindering my eastern front advance.

closing in on the great city of rome!

The siege of rome last about 5 days, and the city it self was almost destroyed the population went from 2.4million to 800,000 people!

after the fall of rome italy last defence on the heel of the boot.

the current state of the war!

Germany has lost over 1.12 million soldiers! And i added up the total civilliand deaths, through very rough HIGH estimation of 6 million civillian deaths.

i cannot seem to take FRANCE, i have Paris completely ENCIRCLED and the supplies are red. But my men cant even take an outer town! Ukrain has counter attacked and made a bulge in the line, which i am taking advantage of and encircling. And romania has encircled about 50,000 troops! GOD!!

the Russians are just heating up there invasion of my great empire and the DAMNED SWEDES destroyed all my transports!
Last edited by Seprinth on Jul 24 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme67
Warrant Officer

Post by Supreme67 »

It appears you may have bitten off more than you can chew. That was an excellant AAR. Keep us posted.
Seprinth
Sergeant

Post by Seprinth »

Alright finally.. Well i have to say is this. Ive ben sweating over here... Ive reloaded the game 5 times!! Because i kept losing the elections and couldnt get military support up(I DIDNT HAVE OPTION OF MILITARY SUPPORT AT 99%!!). Any ways i got the apporval rating up at a huge cost... I lowered all taxes to complete zero... and i highered social spending all the way and built a **** load of factories,power etc...

So now i have another 4 years... and what a 4 years they will be! because my economy is completely scrapped! And My military oh my god... i cant even take over PARIS!! I have to lower funding big time to get out of the negative income.... i hate being in debt... and that is what i am in right now.

Ive decided im gonna lower my military staff to about 1.85 million instead of 2 point w/e million. But im sure i will do fine either way, i have made phenominal progress everywhere ive fought so far... except i cant seem to take or even get near the capitals of romania, russia,serbia and ukraine. So will have to see how it plays out.

Frankly im a bit worried on the war was going so i made Berlin into my own "bunker city".

Now...realy? would i care all too much, where? or HOW, they would come? no

I took paris, 2 months of fighting have paid off!

here is the casulity list... i lost 450,000 men in the past month...but those are just military deaths! now look at this...

Imagine getting those every day! So clearly my army is the scourge of hitler!

and it seems i patted the back of my army far too soon, paris is back in the hands of france!

And a new threat has risen! SPain is taking my land by 1,000KM2(SQUARE) a day...

i better stop them before they get too strong for me..

and by the end of the month of september, they are pushing north, and have claimed major cities in western Germany!

i have lost over 2 million troops. But the total deaths are not that staggering in military.. but the civillian death toll is well over 14 million. My garrisons at the moment are the only thing keeping me alive... i have bairly any actual military battalions(even though i have 1.9 million troops!).

I fear ill end up like my last 2 counter parts... so i will begin to make more land fortifications and not send off an offensive! I shall kill as many men as possible before i go out!
Last edited by Seprinth on Jul 25 2008, edited 1 time in total.
BigD145
Captain

Post by BigD145 »

Most of your garrisons deep in your own territory are probably sapping you.
Seprinth
Sergeant

Post by Seprinth »

why would my men/garrisons be sapping there own positions?
Seprinth
Sergeant

Post by Seprinth »

Hello!

The current state of the war...in ARMY SIZE.

right now i only have about 1.8 million.

with the allies(Russia,Ukraine,serbia,spain,Romania,france) Having easily over 4 million.

The big contributors being Russia at 2.55 million. Spain at 612,000, and Ukraine at 544,000.

Spain,Russia,Ukraine are hell bent out of getting as much land as possible it seems... With france doing nothing and italy just taking back there land. I beleive Spain has come out the true european power. If i had not broken through the french lines and open up that small area the spaniards would of never have touched me. They were the sleeping giant...and they might be the death of my country if i dont play my cards right.

here is an indeph look at the numbers.

as you can clearly see i lost the most Military Casulities, but they how ever have lost way more civillians! If Supreme Ruler 2020 had that option to view civilian casulities... i would think they would add up too 15 million!

And of course im fighting on all my fronts except of course the northern, which i abandoned completely. I may pick it back up again if i can stop france from entering neatherlands(they already have western germany!).

also id like to say the 20,000 swedes that died were due to heavy bombing! I can only imagine how many civillians i killed of it.(reason saying i sent about 50 air jets to stockholm at the beginning).

As you can see, from this. Spain has is taking over occupied belgium... now im hoping my garrisons can hold out so i can launch an counter-offensive! If they cannot, i shall use my army from berlin to attack.

Looking a little closer at the spanish offensive in belgium...I have a large number of Garrisons in the area, with one cannon fodder and completely circled in the west. They are using mostly tanks, and i have but on infantry there. And a couple helocopters that dont seem to be doing muuch but retreating. Im gonna have to send my Berlin Defence force over there and push them back.

The counter offensive was a complete success!

But the civillian Death toll was ammense over 3 million died! And the city of brussels was OBLIDERATED by my bombardment! WOOOPS!

The counter offensive was in deed successful... but it did not last. After 4 days of pushing them back they reinforced with so many it was impossible to keep up...

They came with so many so fast... They have just pierced the heart of Germany... idk how much longer ill last. Spain has well over 700,000 and my 1.5 million is dwindling ever so quickly... Although Ukraine and Russia havnt even reached warsaw yet... they are getting very very close..

And now my eastern most town has fallen to the RUSSIANS. DAMNIT!

Shortly after they Russians capture warsaw...

And the Spanish are realy starting to piss me off... no matter what i do... they just keep coming! Im bombing the hell out of there units... but to no avail. Not even affecting them. The Americans must be supplying them...

And here is a pic where the last of my troops stationed in the western front are holding out.
You can also see that they have pushed through by Denmark...and our closing in on Berlin!

And right now i dont feel to comfortable...

Air strikes are my only offensive right now, and i will use them and try to halt them as much as i can...
But even i cannot stop the fiery russians... After a couple of days and thousands of deaths to the russian army they reach eastern berlin...

as you can see i have many garrisons ready for the defence.

But more and more russian tanks keep appearing.. it seems i can hold them off though. But when spain comes from the west ill be completely cut off from the rest of germany.

A few more days later. The whole of Germany has being cut in half and it seems i do not have much longer.

Berlin is highlighted in the green box... As you can see im now under siege not completely sorrouneded yet...but my garrisons are falling like dominoes. And i am trying to hold out. I have many fortifications and its gonna be intresting too see how well they hold up against the russians and Spanish. The spanish have just captured my last Airport fabrication and i have bairly to no airforce, my luftwaffe is completely dead... They served me till the end so i am satisfied with them, however if i had a couple leopards i beleive i could push these men back but i do not have enough time to do so...

Berlin may fall in 5 days to 5 months so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Seprinth
Sergeant

Post by Seprinth »

Im afraid this might be my 2nd to last post... My army is completely obliderated. And Berlins outer defences are falling like rocks.

There are closing in fast and hard, the spanish are coming in force for the siege, while the russians seem to be holding back a little bit.

THe outer fortifications have fallen and only a number of fortifications still exist that werent destroyed they are only using land forces... but my army is still falling ever so quickly.

and than looking at the other battles in central germany

and southern germany

Berlin and its outer areas are completely occupied and only a hanful of garrisons remain.

Berlin is completely cut in half by russia and spain.

The spanish have walked into the main city

and the spanish are now attacking occupied denmark.

not even a year after the war began it seems my fall in imminent. If only the ALLIED diplo work... i wouldnt of attacked France if they contributed in the war...

My downfall was simple... i didnt watch spain. I was too focused on Russian front, think they would come in force which they did not for reasons unknown. I pushed the Russians back almost reaching moscow. And than i look at the western front and Spain has france almost completely under its control, And by that time it was too late. No matter what i sent, or how many i couldnt defeat them.
Seprinth
Sergeant

Post by Seprinth »

The end of the war.

1 year after it all started...

Berlin fell almost a month after fighting.

and the rest of my garrisons fought on for almost 2 months.

Until the treaty of ARUBA was signed on april 20th

officialy ending the war.

Germany Military Casulities: 3.21 million
Germany civilliand casulities: 2.5 million

Allied military casulities: 1.48 million
Allied civillian Casulities: 18 million

TOTAL DEATH

25.19 MILLION people DISSAPPEARED in 1 year and 2 months. staggering death toll! think if it went on longer!
a12356
Lieutenant

Post by a12356 »

You coiuld retry the same thing,but this time not underestimating the spanish...
Seprinth
Sergeant

Post by Seprinth »

lol, im passed that i deleted the saved game and im playing as different country.

it was impossible for me to do anything realy, cause i could be re elected with my economy being destroyed.

But after thinking about the game, the spanish where in deed not my downfall. As i just remembered i sent a large force and pushed the spaniards all the way to madrid.

After i got re elected my economy was realy bad so i tried to lower military training which was a realy bad idea, and stop production. After that i was screwed i couldnt build a force to stop the allies. Even when i maxed out maint and training, i suppose the spanish are russians where just a snowball rolling down a hill.

Return to “After Action Reports”