Power Generation / Resources

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

UsF
Lieutenant

Power Generation / Resources

Post by UsF »

Hi,

I recently bought Supreme Ruler 2010....the impatient me....and got a question about the WW3-Scenario as Germany.

When I play it, my energy facilities / power plants get the message that there is a resource shortage and they cannot produce enough power anymore. However I still have petrol, coal and uranium in stock. Neither of the materials is marked as red.

What else can cause this shortage? Logistical problems?
How do I see this?

After a while, the petrol gets displayed red and I am short of that, but I know how to handle this then. Still I wondered what the early problem is.

Any ideas?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

maybe you are using too much power?

Maybe your power plants are using something different to what you have stockpiled?

I can have a look for you if you want. Just email me the save to scubanutter@googlemail.com and I will have a good look and I will see what you problem is. I cant respond quickly ( expect post about 5-7 hours after this one as I am at school but when I get home I will check my emails and look at it for you.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Please respond to this post if you want me to check your save. Throw it at my email.
UsF
Lieutenant

Post by UsF »

I dont think it needs a save. Just start WW3 as Germany and wait a few days. It always happens, telling me, that it says "Raw Material Shortage" in the powerplant window. After a while, the petrol gets red (textcolor, stock depleted) but before that, I have no idea what it is.

Thanks for the offer though. :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

IIRC, there is an unresolved bug that you sometimes get a false shortage message. You're not actually having shortages. To confirm this, at end of day look and is if you actual use = demand. If it does, you're fine. We did try and fix that bug a few times but it is one of the few that got away from us.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
UsF
Lieutenant

Post by UsF »

Hm no I am having actual power shortage.
The red bar is partialy colored differently and the blue bar is shorter than the red bar.

I made a screenshot ingame.

I also got a savegame and could upload it to yousendit or somewhere, if you like.

As you can see in the picture, it says raw material shortage, but no material is marked red. I also got everything in stock.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

There was also this unresovled bug,that more than a few people encountered in different regions, that i dont think was ever solved.

I suspect this is the cause for you UsF.

There is a solution to it, but i cant remember what it is.It might have been raising the dar OR it might have been building enough non-resource using power plants to shift the bulk of production to those.

Oh i almost forgot,max out your domestic price for electricity,i think it lowers actual use enough to remove the actual shortage of electricity production.
You might still show the raw material shortage, but you wont experience an actual power shortage due to it.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Damn hate that auto resize :P Too small to read.

This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
UsF
Lieutenant

Post by UsF »

Thanks for the info.

I started a bit lower (Germany-Scenario) for the diplomacy, since the WW3-scenario got pretty ugly for me. I didnt expect the baltic union to attack me first. :oops:
Red Dawn
Captain

Re: Power Generation / Resources

Post by Red Dawn »

hi guys slightly off topic I know but saves me wasting bandwidth by opening a new thread. I have a number of power stations/mines and factories that contribute 0% to the total output. At first I thought that as the condition of these various units increases then that will increase the output of these units would increase as well but thats hasnt happened despite the condition of these units increasing.

What I'd like to know is that why do the units say 0% output to the total contribution when the land tab clearly states there being potential for such units to contribute a lot more?? And its certainly not supply issues either.

Do I need to upgrade a power station, mine, factory for it to start contributing to the total output?

Thanks
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Could this be a rounding issue? That there are so many other/bigger facilities that it is contributing 0.4% or something like that?

Been a while since I looked at that and a bit more info would be helpful. Try focusing on one industry, let us know which one and give more details about that industry.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

ok will do. watch this space.

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”