Commerce Bug

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Eric Larsen
Colonel

Commerce Bug

Post by Eric Larsen »

I've been playing my current game of my Americas versus the World grouping variant. I had been selling lots of industrial goods as the Americas to the World Union. Then one day my industrial goods just wouldn't sell anymore. The WU buy price is around $25,000 while the Americas sell price is around $23,000 so no problem there. I had been selling for about two months before the program just plain stopped my industrial goods sales while wiping off the sales lot every turn as if it had sold and returning it to my inventory. I tried everything I could think off, even going with turning on the autobuy on the WU side at $50,000. I tried the autobuy on with a lot to buy from market and I tried the autobuy on with no excess purchases scheduled. The Americas have over one day of industrial goods inventory so it should be able to sell the excess small lots I try to sell. The WU has loads of money in the treasury so no money problems for purchasing. I've also seen where my excess food wasn't being sold either. I'd set 300,000 to 400,000 excess units above and beyond my excess production while selling 100% of my excess production and yet my food inventory would not diminish as I tracked that carefully. I should have seen my food inventory drop by the excess I was trying to sell yet that did not happen and the excess would always clear off daily as if it were sold. Looks like my petroleum sales aren't affected thusly as I am selling excess inventory petroleum on top of my production excess. But then the WU is way way short on petroleum production. But then the WU is way way short on industrial goods production and has a low inventory.
Commerce was all working just fine for about two months or so and then one day it just stopped and I can't for the life of me figure out why this is. Right now the WU is set for autobuy and trying to buy excess from the market. With the ctrl-H cheat not working this game is starting to get frustrating with this new bug that screws up my commerce.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Thanks Chris

Post by Eric Larsen »

Chris,
Thanks for your e-mail answer to my export problem. I inadvertently got my Commerce minister on the "Product Self Sufficiency" priority and never checked that because I thought I was cancelling every notification from him. Actually an interesting feature that I never saw work before as it keeps a region from selling to market when inventory falls below two days of inventory. Too bad the AI's don't have that turned on all the time as well as the "Stockpile Military Goods" priority.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
BigStone
General

Re: Thanks Chris

Post by BigStone »

Eric Larsen wrote: Actually an interesting feature that I never saw work before as it keeps a region from selling to market when inventory falls below two days of inventory.
Are you serious about that....
IMHO it's one of the most crappy elements in the game :evil:

Example: i'm still in Congo.. have some minor powerproblems.
I just run the game and let the minister do what he wants:

Powerproduction = 3,2 M Mwh
Demand = 3,1 M Mwh

The minister is pouring 67,2 M / day into the efficiency
That is almost 25 B /year !!!

For that money i can build at least 2 nukeplants or 10 otherpowerplants

I really really hate this autoinvestment thing ...... :evil:
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”