help needed negotiations

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

rss0900
Warrant Officer

help needed negotiations

Post by rss0900 »

Let's say I am short on electricity, I build some additional plants, increase output and eff., but in the interim I need to import/buy power for somewhere. I found an option to set a price to buy off the market. But can I also get this through negotiations? If I go in to negotiations with another Regions, how do I know what they have an abundance of and what they are short of? I'm sure this can be done, I just have not found the option to tell me about their production levels yet. Or am I on the wrong track, should I be doing something else? Thanks in advance.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: help needed negotiations

Post by Balthagor »

rss0900 wrote:...how do I know what they have an abundance of and what they are short of?
Actually, you can't. Interestingly enough we got through the entire beta and a few months of release time before it really occured to us how much this is needed. It is now on our wishlist but came up so late that I doubt it can be added to this version of the game engine.

Also, you cannot trade electricity because of its nature. You can't store it so there is no way to sell it to a player "on the next day".
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
rss0900
Warrant Officer

Post by rss0900 »

So I can either upgrade my facilites, build new, or make efficiency investments. Since most of my electricity runs of coal so far and petrol, I could try to initiate negotions with another Regions but as you stated above I'm kind of blind when doing this and don't know who to intiate with. Are there any other things I'm missing here? Thanks
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Its not very effective, but there is one minor way to get a hint at which region has extra of what resource.

Just watch the "for sale" lists .If a region regularly puts decent amounts of a resource up for sale there, you can make a reasonable assumption that they have extra production.

But as stated, this wont work for electricity.It will work for the fuel to create that electricity though.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

trades for products where there is a surplus also has a bug in it in update 4 (and any earlier version). This will be fixed as of update 5 and trading for product (other than electricity) works much better now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Better Explanation

Post by Eric Larsen »

Balthagor wrote:trades for products where there is a surplus also has a bug in it in update 4 (and any earlier version). This will be fixed as of update 5 and trading for product (other than electricity) works much better now.
Chris,
What bug would that be? Don't leave us hanging by saying there is a bug, please give us some idea of what that bug is. I'm just glad it will get fixed in the next update but if we don't know what that bug is we sure won't be able to ascertain if the bug is fixed or not.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Eric Larsen
Colonel

Making up a Shortage

Post by Eric Larsen »

rss0900,
If you're short on electricity then one option is to jack up electricity domestic markup to reduce domestic consumption. You can also turn off some military goods and then some industrial goods production and cut your demand for electricity that way. That gives you some time to build up power production so you can increase your military and industrial goods production and lower domestic markup after you've gotten ahead on electricity production. I'd recommend building up your other, hydro and then fusion power plants and eventually scrap your petrol power plants.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I don't have all the details on the bug, George found it and he's the one who fixed it. It related to how the AI analyzed if it needed a product or not. It often thought it need a product that it had plenty of and should be willing to trade.

What variable in which formula caused this is far beyond me...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”