sysnthetic fuel plants

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Im reminded of the "guy" stepping on my foot, all the while telling me how sorry he is too be doing it, yet continueing to do it all the same.

It somehow lacks convinction.Hence i have asked nicely.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

hehehe you are right. Sometimes my 'worries/frustrations' take the better of me.

There is alot of biofuel already made and use.

That better? :wink:
konan
Lieutenant

Post by konan »

--> synthetic fuel plants

i admit that are nice and helpfull. I build 4 of them and soon maybe other 2.

their price is payable to keep your economy to be self sufficient, or help in this direction, for what concern the petrol problem.

In my ignorance i thought that these plants will use coal to produce fuel, or at least would use some sort of "raw" material.

anyway i appreciate their presence inside game !!!

... so now my "panzer" can invade europe ... :D
konan
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

tkobo wrote:I never did hear anything after the initial "hype" about that though.

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2003/4/24/02152/3927

We talked about it on the forum here a couple of years ago,but i cant find the post.
Exactly what is the name of this technology?
not going forward eqeals to going backward
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

"Thermal depolymerization" I think is the name for it, but we can just call it "Stan" :P

I still dont know if this is for real or not.Again info on this is VERY hard to find.
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: There's something I didn't think about earlier for synth fuel. There is a county here in Alabama that is running all their city vehicles off a snyth fuel (police, firetrucks, garbage trucks, ect). The fuel is non other than White Lightning. :lol: White lightning is also known as Moon shine or simply a hard liquor. Its made from corn. Its not hard to make and it will run in any diesel engine. :lol: I know I tried. The problem is it give the engine alot of octane and makes the engine run faster. But it burns cleaner than oil fuel and can be made easily and its resource will never run out unless there isn't enough corn grown. :lol: Another problem is not just anyone can make it because its iilegal to make in the states but a distillery can. (non-taxable anything seems illegal in the states)
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

bergsjaeger wrote: There is a county here in Alabama that is running all their city vehicles off a snyth fuel (police, firetrucks, garbage trucks, ect). The fuel is non other than White Lightning
Damn... waste.... :D

Cheers
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: If u ever drunk the stuff u wouldn't think it was a waste. It feels like u just drunk an acid it burns so bad. :lol: course it is strong stuff.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

BigStone wrote:
bergsjaeger wrote: There is a county here in Alabama that is running all their city vehicles off a snyth fuel (police, firetrucks, garbage trucks, ect). The fuel is non other than White Lightning
Damn... waste.... :D

Cheers
:D :D :D
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Geez, can you just imagine the grief that would come from a drinkable alcohol fuel for vehicles.

Youd have to arm fuel station attendents and even then you'd have to call the police daily to deal with the people who would just pump the "fuel" right into their mouths .

Drunk driving would probably go up like 5000%+ .
Chuckle TM
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

Just add some cyanide to make that a nonviable option :wink: .
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Actually I know some ppl that would drink from an alcohol pump. But as for it being drinkable I doubt it. Because the White Lightning their using for vehicles is refine to be runned safe in the vehicles. It wouldn't be a good mix of fire and white lightning. :D (I have started campfires with the stuff). I think there's still gasoline in the mix somewhere. I have to check but I think the mixture is 75% white Lightning 25% diesel or gasoline. The % maybe off some but I think its close to that. Course something else about White Lightning if they make it strong enough then the White lightning be cleaning the motor as well. :lol: U could use the stuff for any kind of cleaner. :lol: espeically as a disinfectant.
Covfam
Lieutenant

Post by Covfam »

There are alot of Alternative fuels used that people dont realize. for years a small number of people have been running Diesel engine vehicles on nothing but corn oil or vegtible oils. no they are not nearly as efficient as regular diesel. and in cold climate they have to have to "warm it up before starting thier engine. but its been working fine for a few years there are a few alternative fuel stations in the country now. there was a big showing on fox news and cnn of a particular station in california that sell it and diesel vehicles who run off of it.

also alot of people dont realize that in the midwest from the dakotas to wisconsin a lot of the gas stations sell Ethanol (E85 & E95) fuels wich E85= 85% ethanol 15% gasoline and E95 = 95% ethanol 5% gasoline. in fact chevrolet has 3 trucks/suv/svans that use E85 and dodge has 2 minivans, 1 car 1 truck and 1 SUV that uses E85. but the US department of energy says as of 2005 there have been 5million Flex Fuel vehicles sold in the united states yet roughly 2/3rds of the owners of the flexfuel vehicles realize that they can run thier vehicles on E85. now prices in my neighborhood show that the E85 here sells for about 70% per gallon than unledded gasoline. but it only gets about half the MPG making it a little more expensive to use. also in the new earlier this year before the gas hike in western washington state the worlds largest Ethanol refinery and estimates to double the nations current Ethanol production levels.

Now back to the game i always though of the "other" power plants to be a combination of ethanol,hydrogen,wind power generation. and its a very real and viable form of power production on a small scale but in game ive tried to run the my Russian republic wich is made up of russia,poland,islamic states and pakistan and it broke the back of my fragile and newly over extended economy. i need to find a way to keep the power coming to my people without using all my fuel and coal doing so! WW3 scenario really has given me an appreciation of how difficult it was for the Former soviet union to just keep running with or without the arms race!
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Rebuild Chernobyl -- several dozen times over. :roll:

Regards,
Feltan
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

And you can do some research.There are for -other- powerplants several
techs that will boost your production to a total of +80% (iirc correct...)
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”