Export Markup Bug?

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

I did some more testing and this time I checked all the products. It seems that the same thing happens to all products UNLESS you turn off ‘auto pricing’ option for manual sales. When you turn off ‘auto pricing’ the prices stay (almost) the same as you set them, which is how it's supposed to work I believe. However, since you can't turn off 'auto pricing' for electricity, your minister sets it during (almost) every day.

Basically, the problem is in electricity only since all the other products work fine with auto pricing off.
Easiest solution, I believe, would be to simply enable the 'auto pricing' button for electricity. Better one yet would be to NOT allow 'auto pricing' affect automated sales for any product and let all prices there be set by the player.

Hope this helps solve the problem. :-)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Uriens wrote:Basically, the problem is in electricity only since all the other products work fine with auto pricing off.
We are aware of this issue, but it has been solved somewhat. The state of the "autopricing" option is stored in the player profile. Ever time a new game is started, it uses the "default" player profile. In the release version we had the error that the default profile had electricity autopricing set on. That has been fixed but I don't remember for which update. If you created your own profile before the update or are playing a game started before the update your electricity autopricing will be "on". Simply reload the "default" profile and recreate your custom one.

As for how the minister handles autopricing, I have been doing some testing in this area and making notes. I have seen much of what you're describing and will be working with George to adjust how it works, but that will probably be for update 5 as update 4 is getting closer now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Thanks. :-) :-)

I'll give it a try and let you know if it helped.

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”