Import Problem

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Zorromorph
Corporal

Import Problem

Post by Zorromorph »

I'm wondering how to go about importing stuff since I can't seem to do it. I've tried using manual force buy settings, or letting the minister handle it. Either way I cannot import any ore(playing as Michigan so I have none being produced), which basically shuts down my economy.

WM supposedly has some according to the interface but it won't let me buy anything. Any suggestions?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Is the quantity on the World Market in Red? If so, you're being boycotted. If not, the manual purchase should work fine. Have you set the price high enough?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zorromorph
Corporal

Post by Zorromorph »

I am not boycotted. I've set the price higher than what they are asking, although I suppose I could try putting it up more.

Edit: I've found the problem -- I didn't have enough cash :P. Thought it would allow me to deficit spend to do imports, incorrectly as it turns out.
Syagrius
Warrant Officer

Post by Syagrius »

I am in war with three other regions in the Europe map and at peace with 3 or 4 others, and now my commerce is at zero, I can't export or import almost nothing. I am lacking in petrol and nobody seems to sell it anymore? Is it a normal situation?
"Hail Constantius, Master of the Empire and the World" -Ammianus Marcellinus
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Europe map should have a world market right ?

They should have oil to sell.

Of course if your being boycotted by them, or are broke,it gets harder to find oil as most AI regions tend to be short on oil themselves.

So yes, its normal on many maps for the AI regions (NOT counting W.M.) to have little extra oil.

As to why you cant import or export, there are alot of possible reasons.We'd likely need more info to pin it down (or a few guesses :lol: )
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Syagrius
Warrant Officer

Post by Syagrius »

In the diplomacy screen it appears that Germany, Uk, France have all big stockpiles of oil but they didnt seem willing to trade it. The World Market has a "delighted" opinion about me. I dont know if I am boycotted, where can I verify it?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Well, if they are delighted with you,its VERY unlikely they are boycotting you.

Im at my shop ,so i cant pop into the game ,which i would need to do to give you explicit directions as to what window has the boycott info.

Have you tried to trade with the regions who have oil thru dilpomatic trades ?

Are you allowing your advisors to control things ? If so, make sure they are not boycotting those your trying to trade with.

Do you have cash to spend ?Treasury not in the red .If your cash broke, try to trade goods or resources thru the diplomatic trade system for oil with the regions who show large surpluses.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Syagrius
Warrant Officer

Post by Syagrius »

Thanks for the advices Tkobo. Yes I tried to trade oil with diplomacy however it doesnt work 75% of the time, usually I propose consumer or military goods as I am not very rich. I am not boycotting any country I am not in war with. I even left the boycots on the three countries I am in war with just to see what's going to happen! I know where is the boycott screen, as I remember it, it shows the ressources you are boycotting against other countries, it doesnt show if another country boycott me?

I will doublecheck everything tonigh, as I am at work also.
Syagrius
Warrant Officer

Post by Syagrius »

Maybe its because I am almost broke and that the import sreen is on autobuy; its likely I dont have enough money for the oil offers I receive. I will try tonight to set the import screen manually, asking for small quantities of oil to see what happens.

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”