Yearly overview

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Sebastiaan
Colonel

Yearly overview

Post by Sebastiaan »

Question± how can I acces the yearly overview of all my trade. Currently I´m using the approximated annual overview but because dayly trade is very irrigular, the numbers produced are totalyu unreliable. Therefore I would like to see how my economy did last yer - month - quarther so I can make better judgement and devise a better long time stratagy
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

There just isnt one :D

We asked for some overview of this sort, but i dont know if it will be done.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

This request would need to use "historical data". Something we decided not to work on a long time ago. We are working on many other game elements for our next update that we feel would add much more to gameplay. We hope you'll feel the same way.
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Why Historical data so had to track? It's it just a matter of summing all income and expanses?

Now that patch 3 is completed, is it on the todo list for patch 4?
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Sebastiaan wrote:Why Historical data so had to track?
The engine doesn't store historical data... :-?
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

And isn't it possibble to make a compromise? For example, I believe that it could be useful to make an offline historical feature - if the engine could write the values into a text file at the end of every day/week/month, then it could be also useful... you don't have to ruin/modify the game's GUI in this case and the gamers would be glad :)

As this game is really about the long term changes (almost every production, social changes are really long term and this is always stressed by the devs), I constantly miss such feature....
Fordson
Captain

Post by Fordson »

I have already been shut down on this request! I thought that dumping the data to a text file would be an easy task for a developer. I could do it in 10 minutes if I had the source code. Guarenteed!!!

There may be a fudge factor that shows up under historical analysis, hence this data is ignored.
lordrune
Lieutenant

Post by lordrune »

It'd be great fun for geeks like me as well as micro-managers :)

but I guess we should accept that the core of the game isn't about trade.
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

It's not just about trade, but basically about all economic aspects of the game. For example, effects of tax settings or the efficiency settings could be also investigated easily by this way.

Beautiful graphs could be done with Excel :lol:
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

I agree. In the beginning I got frustrated with the game because I could find yhe yearly overview as is present with any other economical game I played. Out of desperation, I'm now using old fasion pen a paper to track the market value of Oil and other resources which a huge effect on my economy.
The_Blind_One
Colonel

Post by The_Blind_One »

Sebastiaan wrote:I agree. In the beginning I got frustrated with the game because I could find yhe yearly overview as is present with any other economical game I played. Out of desperation, I'm now using old fasion pen a paper to track the market value of Oil and other resources which a huge effect on my economy.
Yes they should make it easier to see how much ur imports cost per ton/barrel/unit 8O
Sebastiaan
Colonel

Post by Sebastiaan »

Is't this just wrong?

Immagine you are the new elected supreme ruler of a real country. You want to know how your country did financialy last year. You make an appointment with your financial Minister. When you meet, you ask if you can get an overview of the total income and expenses done last year. Now, immagine the Minister Finances saying that he cannot give you an overview of how the country did last year. On the otherhand he can give you a prognoses of next year income and expanses. unfortunatly, his department only consist out of impisils who can only calculate this figure based on previous day expences.

Get my point?
not going forward eqeals to going backward
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

historical data is simply not tracked in the program. It is on our wishlist but many things are currenlt getting a higher priority. I would also like to see historical data listed, but there are only so many resources to go around.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Fordson wrote:I have already been shut down on this request! I thought that dumping the data to a text file would be an easy task for a developer. I could do it in 10 minutes if I had the source code. Guarenteed!!!

There may be a fudge factor that shows up under historical analysis, hence this data is ignored.
Dumping data is easy to do but we don't want to pull a player out of the game to look at data in Excel. I'm not sure what you mean by "fudge factor" but we just don't want players to given a reason to alt+tab out of the game.
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

That, and, some of us don't have Excel :roll: .

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”