I beat the economy! More gains than possible?!

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

Thanks for the offer, I'm going to send a savegame to you.
Until this time, everything went fine (I could conquer several regions) but now, no matter what I do, the cashflow is constantly negative.
I can produce everything more than what I need, but It's useless as I can't sell it. I have the feeling that it is caused by the fact that there is only 2 more region on the map plus the WM so there is no heavy demand anymore.

If you can do something that would be a big help... I don't want to give up this game now, I'm really interested in the world map game :)
haenkie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by haenkie »

One thing szfaber, with such a low gdpc you should be able to produce cheap, without having to invest in efficiency.

And i thought the world market absorps most of the surplus you have. You actually are not selling much to your neighbours.

But if you are producing at a higher price then the WM has stuff to offer then you get stuck with it.

But the best way to get more money is to increase the domestic markup on stuff your pop buys like petrol, consumergoods, power.

Last thing, does your minister still ahve acces to sell stuff?
Because that could impact you heavily.

And final: If you import loads of things you will remain in the red. Try to achieve self sufficiency in consumer, industrial and military goods. You can check this all in the different screens in the production department. Just click on all the different things. The info will pop-up.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

He cant produce cheaper than the competition without spending in efficiency becuase hes up against the Carribean competition wise and thier gdp/c is only like 4.1k.

And yes, he needs to increase the domestic markup on everything.
51% is simply too low a markup.

Id say max out the markup on everything ,til wednesday at least :P .The 3 patch will supposedly increase the negative effect of high markups.So, we will see on wednesday what a good markup should be set for with the new rules.

Also sell everything. Even if you show a negative markup.Cash coming in is far better than stock piling up.

In four months i was able to double your treasury- from circa 153bil to circa 306 bil.
I was not yet able to get your efficiency into the 100%+ range, but i did get it to 80% which was enough to get you the lions share of trade at about a 13% markup .

With this efficiency , consumer goods and industrial goods set to capacity production, your treasury is growing very fast.

You also might want to lower your research spending for a short while.Id lower it to reccomended til you can get your unemployment to go higher and gdp/c to go down some.

You have ALOT of facilities that are not maxed out at 100%.Thats a big waste of manpower,which of course means a big waste of money.

This is something at the point of the game your in, that is probably a waste of money now to fix.
But keep that in mind for your next game.
Upgrade to 100% before building new when ever possible.And upgrade all facilities you use and can to 100% when ever possible.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

tkobo wrote: Also sell everything. Even if you show a negative markup.Cash coming in is far better than stock piling up.
Sorry Tkobo, it doesn't happen often but I believe you to be wrong therefore I isolated two lines out of your entire post. :wink: to take advantage of the oppertunity :-)

It depends on different circumstances, being patient and getting the most for your goods as opposed to a steady income often proves much more benificial.
tkobo wrote: Also sell everything. Even if you show a negative markup.Cash coming in is far better than stock piling up.
I think in most cases that Waiting for cash to come in can gain you more than it sitting in your treasury

Now I'm sure if you wanted you could try and dispute that, just bare in mind I'm saying "it depends" "in most cases"
Last edited by ozmono2005 on Oct 04 2005, edited 2 times in total.
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

Tkobo,

Thanks for the investigation and the reply (by the way: could you send me back a game with your fixes, after a couple months? I would check the numbers... )

Just a question about the non maxed facilities: most of them were captured from the enemy regions. As you could see, I tried to disable several facilities, because my production was far more than I needed, but I was lazy to scrap them.
I did this, because as far as I knew, the employment is calculated on the production instead of the number of facilities - so I supposed, if a facility doesn't produce anything then it is not using workforce. Was I wrong?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

ozmono2005- hehehe no biggie. I know im pretty much alone on that train of thought.It is very conditional as youve said.
In the game szabfer's currently playing, hes having trouble staying above the water economy wise,so selling everything keeps him afloat and with healthy growth.

szabfer- yes, i will be sending you back a save probably in 2 days.I want to tweak it some more.

I dont know if deactivated facilites have any employment or not.But those werent what i was talking about.
Its actaully a very good question i havent see an answer for yet.

Ill look again, but i thought i saw a bunch of facilities that were less than 100% and operating.Those are the ones i want to search out and stop.

I try to deactivate most of the facilities i capture IF i dont need them and im in a tight economy becuase i know the AI's facilities are often sub par.If i need them , i upgrade them.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

szabfer- if you load up that save now, you will be amazed i think on the differences before you make any changes.

All you need to do now, to have both a positive treasury income and a positive trade income are a few simly things.

1) First go into this screen for both coal and water and set them at 100% demand.

2)Go into the screen that allows you to set demand or capacity for each product and set all to demand.
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

yes, there was a bug that domestic sales markup income was being lost somewhere. I didn't get the full explanation from George, but it has now been fixed.

Thanks to everyone who went poking around, it was the things said on the forum that led us to find the problem!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

tkobo wrote:szabfer- if you load up that save now, you will be amazed i think on the differences before you make any changes.

All you need to do now, to have both a positive treasury income and a positive trade income are a few simly things.
Well... thanks for the advice, today I will immediately check this right after I arrive home. Do I understand right that a bug killed my economy???? :o So just putting the update 3 + loading the old savegame will solve the problem?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not necissarily, but in low GDP/c regions, you may suddenly see your economy stabilize or begin to grow. You won't know till you try...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

Well... the thing what I see that the cost/unit drastically decreased after the update. Before the update - for example - the cost/unit of the consumer goods production was 36-40000 $, far more than the prices of the WM (32,212$) so I couldn't sell my excess.
I've just updated and reloaded the same savegame and the cost fell down to 13,261 immediately. The same happened with EVERY product here...

It is definitely a good news, now I'm out of the debt, but is it possible to know what is this? Did you make the game easier?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

A number of changes where made, I'll ask George if he can comment further. I don't touch the code, I just test as he fixes them ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”