Facility Defense

Discussion about Production and Resources

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

madflava13
Sergeant

Post by madflava13 »

Red,
I like that idea as long as it's programmable!

Also, bridges are a must for scorched earth. Seems to me they'd be the first things you'd want blown if you had such a policy in place...
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

That is a good idea, but even I'm not sure how possible it would be to implement. Right now our formula for the likely success of a scorched earth policy involves the loyalty of the population in whatever hex is in question. If the population is especially loyal to you, then your order for S.E. will more likely be successful. If it is a hex that is just being re-captured by its original owner, the people probably aren't loyal to you and they will generally just ignore your orders. (This rule assumes that you don't have one of your own units in the hex that you want scorched --- if you do, they could be ordered to destroy the upgrade, or at the very least they will "encourage" the citizens to follow your orders.)
Redshadow
Lieutenant

Post by Redshadow »

Yeah, I figured it might be difficult to program. Perhaps (Im no programmer, so I have NO idea if this would be easier) what you could do is have a certain of the building destroy itself every hour.

I.E. My forces are approaching the enemy industrial goods plant. Scorched Earth policy goes into effect and the building looses 10% strength, then 20% then within 10 hours it's completely leveled.

Aside from allowing enemy a greater opportunity to sieze the building, it also would mean that they would receive it party damaged, if the took it at all.

Again, dont know if this is MORE or LESS difficult to program (probly more, now that I thnink about it).

Also, I like the loyalty factor, but I really hope that there is SOME way that you could improve the odds that the attackers could seize the complex b4 its been destroyed.

If I recall, the Poles didnt get to burn much down before the germans arrived- their valient armed forces were simply overwhelmed.

~Red

p.s. - off topic, there are railways that can improve transportation and infrastructure, right?
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Yes - Railways also improve the infrastructure of a region and its supply model.

Return to “Production - Commerce Department”