Oceanic Facility?

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Hellfish6
Lt. Colonel

Oceanic Facility?

Post by Hellfish6 »

I built a couple in the Italian scenario of the demo. Can't quite figure out what it does.
"Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I "think" they act as the central hub so that you can build oil platforms (and possible some other facilities) in the water(sea,ocean,etc..).

I "think" they may be bugged though.

Were you able to actually build any in the ocean ?I couldnt find a way too.
And oddly, i could build them on land.

Sooooo. i "think" they messed up at the moment.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

That is a known bug, water facilities/complexes build on land. We'll post known issues with the first update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
powercell
Colonel

Post by powercell »

I had this in the full DL version.

Another one may be related to this. The problem is I'm unable to build oil/gas field in any hex that already have at least one existing oil/gas field. I can build all six at the same time. I can build other industry type on that hex, but not oil/gas field.

I have not try to see what happen if I crap all of the existing oil/gass field, then try to build new one on the same hex.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

powercell wrote: .

Another one may be related to this. The problem is I'm unable to build oil/gas field in any hex that already have at least one existing oil/gas field. I can build all six at the same time. I can build other industry type on that hex, but not oil/gas field.
Hmmmm.... thats odd.I can build additional oi/ gas facilities in a pre-existing field.Heck i can build as many as fit .

Perhaps its an issue with the build order your using, like the engineer construction order (sticks one way, doesnt the other,or the old satellite launch issue -worked one way not the other )?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

powercell wrote:I had this in the full DL version.

I have not try to see what happen if I crap all of the existing oil/gass field, then try to build new one on the same hex.
I have seen this happen sometimes but without much rhyme or reason. We're still hunting that bug...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Bateman1982
Lieutenant

Post by Bateman1982 »

Hopefully the ability to build ocean facilities will be in the 1st update.
My poor Wales is woefully short on petrol and needs all the help it can get.

Though good old Scotland is helping me out as best they can.

I understand there's probably a lot of things BG want to tweak so perhaps this may not make the 1st patch.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It is fairly high on our priority list. But I think you mean second update, first update is done ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Bateman1982
Lieutenant

Post by Bateman1982 »

Hehe, well thats efficiency for you.

Update one isn't available for download yet so I assume its going through the publisher QA process before release.

Must remember to download the gamersgate one, as retail version updates usually install a cd-check.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually update 1 is out and available for download and if you buy the digital download version it's already part of the download. 5.1.1 is the current version.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Bateman1982
Lieutenant

Post by Bateman1982 »

Ah right, thanks for that information. I didnt realise it was part of the digital download version.

I could have wasted hours looking for that update
high empty
Captain

Post by high empty »

Ok it's the downloaded version 5.1.1

oil platform i selected to build one, and crashed to windows.

SA.

i had just filled all the land based gas spots up, was going to do water. Funny thing is i do have a save game about 40secs before.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I just tried building from the right click, product department and land department and got no crash in any of them. Can you reproduce it? I can't find a crash here...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
TheBob
Sergeant

Post by TheBob »

How do you get supply to oil derricks you capture?

I was playing California and I took over Texas and Mexico, but their oil derricks went to Japan. I had my ships capture this territory (which are actually little bubbles outside their main territory) and the oil derricks would not finish repairs because of lack of supply.

Is this the same problem as oceanic facilities not being built? Sticking tankers on the platforms did not help.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, George has posted about this somewhere (not sure where the post is) that this is a known issue that oil derricks offline do not receive supplies to be repaired and put back online.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”