Bad performance demo

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

BigStone
General

Bad performance demo

Post by BigStone »

I have some serious problems with the demo :-(
It doesn't run smoothly ..... lots of "hangs" and also a choppy sound :-?
I've tried my old SR2010 and that is running OK with the same sysconfig.

Specs:
P4 2.3
1.5 GB ram
Win XP 5.1
DirectX 9.0c
Radeon X800 (256 MB/catalyst 6.14.0010.6698)
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Hi, my first suggestion/question: have you tried adjusting any settings to see if performance will improve? (don't forget to restart and try)

Also do you have background programs running?
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

I'm not running other programs and i've tried different settings ... but that didn't help much.
I have these problems right after the start of a scenario and it's getting wurst after increasing the game speed.
I don't wanna think how the performance will be when playing a large map with lots of units deployed.....
If i was unfamilliar with the game i would have deleted it immediatly from my HD
And again ... SR2010 runs OK ... :-?
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
spaz
Sergeant

Post by spaz »

i'm having this problem as well--every five seconds, the demo freezes for a full second before starting up again

it makes it pretty much unplayable

also, when i try to adjust settings, everything in the graphics options except for screen resolution and satellite image resolution refuses to change--i click on the other options, like 16-bit color depth, and nothing whatsoever happens
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

spaz wrote:...also, when i try to adjust settings, everything in the graphics options except for screen resolution and satellite image resolution refuses to change...
You seem to be correct that these are not allowing you to make a selection, we will investigate further.

As for the performance issues, I'll let George to comment on that, he'd know more about it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”