Windows 10 Insufficient System Resources Error

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

sullivtz
Corporal
Human: Yes

Windows 10 Insufficient System Resources Error

Post by sullivtz »

Hello, Long time Loyal fan of all of the titles. Had a computer crash and had to get a new laptop, migrating all the old programs on to the new rig. Moved SR2020, oldie but a goodie and I originally got it started and ran it 2 or 3 times with no problem, but then I got following error:

Failed to start process for Supreme Ruler 2020: Gold:
"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." (0x5AA)

Also, the .exe files keep disappearing and Steam tries to keep reloading them as updates. Frustrating. Also, I have my old hardcopy and I tried working off of that, but it ended up doing the same thing. The .exe even disappeared.
I would appreciate any help, even though there are newer titles, I really like playing this one as well as is.
Thank you.
sullivtz
Corporal

Re: Windows 10 Insufficient System Resources Error

Post by sullivtz »

BTW, my computer should have no problem running SR, it's an i5, 8GB, integrated graphics but dx11 all the stuff to run programs more demanding than SR2020.
sullivtz
Corporal

Post by sullivtz »

Also, I have already tried running everything in compatibility modes of all the varying modes and as an administrator. None of that solved the problem. I know that is a common solution that people suggest and I thought I'd head that off at the pass.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I know that we've had SR2020 running on Windows 10, and as you say it was working for you. There have not been any updates for years now so I'm at a bit of a loss for what to suggest.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sullivtz
Corporal

Post by sullivtz »

Is there a way to set the settings of the program to default to factory settings on launch in case I set an option off on something that was out of bounds for what the program could run comfortably? Now maybe the settings list is established and won't reset because the preference file is written and if I could just default it I may be able to fix back to start.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not sure, and I haven't played much with Windows 10 yet. Have you looked for a Win7 compatibility mode perhaps?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sullivtz
Corporal

Post by sullivtz »

Yes, I've tried the compatibility mode for Win7 and all of the earlier Windows as well, and run as admin as well, so none of that should be the problem.
I'm concerned something I might have done with the options might have caused a data/memory overflow and since it was set to that in the profile, even when I restore the .exe file the profile hasn't changed, so whatever caused the problem remains. What I can't figure is why the .exe's are getting deleted in the first place?
I'm working now working from that error code 0x5AA to see if I can get headway from that, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll keep trying and update this string. I appreciate the help.
sullivtz
Corporal

Post by sullivtz »

Alright, now I'm embarrassed. It turns out it was an exclusion problem due to everyone's favorite anti-virus McAfee (man, I hate that program, MY OPINION). I guess I was able to get in a couple of runs before the anti-virus kicked in and kept attacking the program. In researching, I saw some other people with similar problems traced to AV, so I tried adding SR2020 to my exclusion list and I was all set. I knew I should have taken out this software immediately for my own, but I got lazy and left it in there. Knew it would cause trouble. Thanks for the help, the patient ear, you guy are great about working with and paying attention to your fans and that is much appreciated, and I hope these posts can help someone with similar problems otherwise. Thanks and Cheers! |O

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”