2020 Save Files randomly erases

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

VelocityTek
Corporal
Human: Yes

2020 Save Files randomly erases

Post by VelocityTek »

Hello, I have had an issue where the save files of all my Supreme Ruler games vanish. It has happened atleast once with this install of Windows. I was curious as to where the save files for sandboxed games reside? I wish to have them automatically back up.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: 2020 Save Files randomly erases

Post by GIJoe597 »

You state "this install of Windows". Which version is it?
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
VelocityTek
Corporal

Post by VelocityTek »

GIJoe597 wrote:You state "this install of Windows". Which version is it?
It would be Windows 7 Ultimate, as have all of my other installs have been. Game seems to work pretty good though(other than issues of lag, but I get that in nearly every SR game)
When it wipes the save files it for some reason does it to EVERY Supreme Ruler game I have(And I freaking love Supreme Ruler). It tends to happen when I am near world domination and I only need to pick off small countries.

System Specs:
AMD FX-8350 (8 Core CPU, OC to 4.3Ghz)
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB Boot SSD(I have Windows installed on it)
WD Green 1.5TB 5400RPM drive (Storage drive, most programs/files/games stored here)
MSI 970A-G46(Don't buy it lol)
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 Direct CUII
Patriot Viper 16GB memory running at 1702 Mhz
Coolermaster Seidon 120M
MSI Ravager
Creative Soundblaster SBX external DAC(Digital to Audio Converter)
Blue Snowball iCE condensor microphone
Wired up through Ethernet to a Linksys router
Anti Virus: ESET Smart Security (Including my weekly ComboFix and various other tools)
2 Corsair AF 120 fans
VelocityTek
Corporal

Post by VelocityTek »

VelocityTek wrote:
GIJoe597 wrote:You state "this install of Windows". Which version is it?
It would be Windows 7 Ultimate, as have all of my other installs have been. Game seems to work pretty good though(other than issues of lag, but I get that in nearly every SR game)
When it wipes the save files it for some reason does it to EVERY Supreme Ruler game I have(And I freaking love Supreme Ruler). It tends to happen when I am near world domination and I only need to pick off small countries.

System Specs:
AMD FX-8350 (8 Core CPU, OC to 4.3Ghz)
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB Boot SSD(I have Windows installed on it)
WD Green 1.5TB 5400RPM drive (Storage drive, most programs/files/games stored here)
MSI 970A-G46(Don't buy it lol)
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 Direct CUII
Patriot Viper 16GB memory running at 1702 Mhz
Coolermaster Seidon 120M
MSI Ravager
Creative Soundblaster SBX external DAC(Digital to Audio Converter)
Blue Snowball iCE condensor microphone
Wired up through Ethernet to a Linksys router
Anti Virus: ESET Smart Security (Including my weekly ComboFix and various other tools)
2 Corsair AF 120 fans

P.S. My Original Install Date is: 9/10/2013 (I take good care of Windows, no Malware and next to no slowdowns)
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Everything I type is for ver 6.8.1 which is the final released version.

If you have auto save turned on in options and you are actually getting saves as you play, but later in the game they are all erased.. that is a first for me, never read that for 2020.

Other than ensuring auto save is turned on in options I have no further input. May be best to wait for Mr Latour to comment.

A little more info to flesh out the issue. Has it worked previously on your current system? No issues prior to now with same setup?

When you type, the saves "vanish", do you mean when starting a game and you select LOAD there is nothing listed? Or do you mean you cannot see any saves when looking at a directory on your hard drive?

As far as "I was curious as to where the save files for sandboxed games reside", if you selected auto save and checked the save to my "My Games" folder, then they should be in;

https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”