Which country is more valuable to take over?

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Thumboy
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Which country is more valuable to take over?

Post by Thumboy »

Ok, I'm playing as Greece and I have created a huge empire from the North Sea all the way to the Gulf using cheats and I am wondering, I want to invade either Panama or Egypt (which I now border after my campaign against Saudi Arabia) because I want to control their canals (Suez/Panama canals), which one should I go ahead and invade.

A campaign against Egypt will be quite easy I sense and it will give me a foothold in Africa and a route to support my ally, Ethiopia against Sudan, and then backstab Ethiopia after.
A campaign against Panama would probably mean that I will get a transit treaty with either Colombia or Costa Rica and to land troops and then enter. It will be a hard war because it will be difficult to transport my mass force of 2000 units across the Atlantic so I will have to settle for a lower number of troops because I have a limited transport fleet. The benefits of this would be that I could limit use of the Panama Canal to my allies, supporting their war efforts. It would also give me a foothold in Central America which would start a colonial empire. It would allow me to eventually take all of Central America and the Caribbean.

So what do you think I should do?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Which country is more valuable to take over?

Post by GIJoe597 »

Support and Issues? 2020? Did you mean to post it in a different topic?

In my opinion it does not matter what you do, there is no challenge or satisfaction when you use cheats and bypass the fun of achieving your goals. :) Also, Panama has only a few units, you can take them with 7 ground if you are diligent, 2000 you certainly do not need.

On a side note, if this is indeed 2020, the panama canal will only play a role if you are roleplaying, the ai will not use it. So you would have to pretend it is blockaded.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Re: Which country is more valuable to take over?

Post by Thumboy »

GIJoe597 wrote:Support and Issues? 2020? Did you mean to post it in a different topic?

In my opinion it does not matter what you do, there is no challenge or satisfaction when you use cheats and bypass the fun of achieving your goals. :) Also, Panama has only a few units, you can take them with 7 ground if you are diligent, 2000 you certainly do not need.

On a side note, if this is indeed 2020, the panama canal will only play a role if you are roleplaying, the ai will not use it. So you would have to pretend it is blockaded.

I use cheats because it's not the challenge part I like, I just like steamrolling. Whenever there is a huge challenge, I feel a little stressed. For example, when I took over Germany, it took me a while to capture Berlin, and even after I took Berlin, the command unit fled and I had to get my AirForce to run after it, which wiped a lot of my airforce out.
Well yes, the canal is worthless in the game, but it is a good foothold to have if I later want to expand in Central America and the Caribbean. And it will restrict the movement of other nation's navy and of they violate that, they will have my mass army to answer to.

Thank you for your answer, merry Christmas :)

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”