SR Won't Accept my CD Keys after Upgrading to Win 7

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

raybaudi
Captain

SR Won't Accept my CD Keys after Upgrading to Win 7

Post by raybaudi »

Hello,

I own a physical copy of SR2020 and a virtual copy of SR2020GC (purchased through GamersGate).
Today, I upgraded from Vista to 7. When first running SR, it will ask me for my CD Key but it won't accept any of the two I own.
I remember my SRGC went Gold after I d/l and installed the latest patch (6.8.1 ?). Perhaps that's why it doesn't recognize them as valid keys.
As it doesn't accept any of the keys, I'm currently unable to play.
Any solutions will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: SR Won't Accept my CD Keys after Upgrading to Win 7

Post by Balthagor »

Did you try a full uninstall/reinstall?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

I haven't tried yet as I'm not fully aware of the updating procedure (it's been a long time since I last had to update SR).

Are all the updates readily available to download or should I only download 6.8.1 after installing the versions I've got?

Thanks! (especially for replying on a Mother's Day Sunday, says a lot about your customer support)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

During the installation it will check for updates, simply follow the prompts. And yes, 6.8.1 is easily available.

no problem.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Just like you said it would happen, it happened, Balthagor, thanks!

However, I have one more last question. Since the Setup.exe is automatically downloading 6.8.1 version, who makes the game go Gold, do I have to further install SRGC after this installation finishes?

I always play with Ruges Mod, latest version (4.7. Beta ??, can't remember it right now). I could run it before as I had SR and then SRGC installed and then Goldened them... but... now, as I'm skipping th SRGC installation, how is it supposed for Ruges Mod to work since it doesn't support Gold but Global Crisis??

Thanks again!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You can install GC if you want, it will then update that portion to 6.8.1 also. You are correct that it is a lot of overlap.

You can get Ruge's mod directly from his thread also.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Two more questions, (haha sorry, not much time during daytime to post)

1) So far, with only SR2020 installed and updated to 6.8.1 (automatically updated), will I enjoy the advantages of GC? Naval Invasions?

2) Is Ruges Mod compatible with SR2020 gone Gold ? Does it need GC to be installed?

I just don't want to spend all of my night downloading and updating ! :wink: :lol:

Thanks!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

6.8.1 is 6.8.1 irregardless of how it is installed. We have brought all users up to the same level. Ruges mode works fine in 6.8.1.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”