sr no longer saving my games

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

raybaudi
Captain

sr no longer saving my games

Post by raybaudi »

Hello,

It appears my SR2020 is no longer saving games. Last thing I did was install the latest Ruges mod update. Any ideas? I tried saving games in several ways: Ruges campaign, standard campaign, GC campaign, etc. It doesn't save anything, though.

Thank you.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: sr no longer saving my games

Post by Ruges »

My mod has nothing todo with how a game would get saved. Thats all in the core files and my mod does nothing with those. Also my mod files are completly independant from the defualt files, except the AIparams and localtext files. but those have nothing todo with how the game saves. There have also been no reports of my mod doing this. Of course there have also been no reports of anyones game doing this.

I am wondering if you deleated the safe file folder. In one of the last patches the save file was changed from inside the game folder to inside windows safe file folder. Could be a conflict in there.

But to better help solve this issue I suggest we get a detail account from when it was working to when it was not working.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Do you see anything when you select "load" in game?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

First of all, thank you for your quick response. Ruges, thanks for your mod, I know you always produce high quality material so I guess it has to do with something that was misconfigured in my PC.

What can I offer you to explain myself better?

Balth, when I go for Load, I see only three saved games I had from a long time ago, before I installed the new modded files (again, I know it has nothing to do with Ruges mod, but maybe it was my mistake). I've done my own search to my Documents folder to see whether the game was saving there now but it doesn't.

thanks,
best regards
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you go into the game and make a new save, does it appear in the list of available to load?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

No, it doesn't show up in the load list neither elsewhere
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Did you try a full uninstall/reinstall?

Did you try specifying the savegame folder in the options?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Balth,
I reset the Saving Folder to My Games as established by default in the game and it wound up working again.
What's the right format to type in a new saving folder? Somewhat like: "Z:\Desktop\..."??
Thank you.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no clue honestly, I'd have to go digging. Try it one way, then the other. That'll take less time than my digging...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”