Sub moving when not ordered too

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Sub moving when not ordered too

Post by BigWolf »

Every now and again, a random sub will suddenly order itself to one of my seaports

Problem is, they are locked from Minister control and their initiatives are set too none
If I cancel the order, it will just order itself again

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the unit has been locked from Minister Orders, it should never do anything without my express orders except for firing on enemies within range?

So any ideas what is going on?

Edit: I've figured out the cause
It's because the combat time has gone to zero, so it was auto moving to a seaport

But 2 issues...
1) It wasn't moving to the nearest port, to where it was heading, it would pass 6 friendly ports, 1 of them actually being mine
2) Why is the fact I've locked out it from making it's own orders not stopping this?
GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: Sub moving when not ordered too

Post by GIJoe597 »

This is normal (in the game) behavior for navy ships. When they are low/out of supply they return to the last port they were in. I do one of 2 things to "overlook" this issue:

1. Send them in to repair at the nearest port to where you want them at. This means when they start heading back on their own at least it is to the nearest port.
2. Keep then adequately supplied. I keep my naval ships above 70% supply, once they hit 70% I either send them back to friendly waters or send in a supply ship. (VTOL/Helo aircraft if close enough to a supply source)
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

In this case, I was lucky enough to have a spare transport ship a couple of hexes away, so I was able to rearm it's combat time and start doing what I wanted again without it going away from it's location

Personally I would prefer too get a message instead of it going 2,000KM, especially when it's in hostile waters meaning it would get itself killed if spotted by any enemy units
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Personally I would prefer too get a message instead of it going 2,000KM,
You know this is one area of the game I would like to see improved. When your dealing with larger regions and combat in multiple areas of the world , messages or some sort of alerts to these little issues could be very helpful. You can only focus in on very little area of the battlefield and its easy to lose track of whats going on in other areas.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

This is something ive never had happen to me. I do micromanage all my units, and do so very closely, but never had anything like this.
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

I'd never had it happen before

And tbh, it only happened because my fleet had been in UN waters for so long engaging Chinese ships on patrol

I normally move with a blunt arrow formation, but forgot to put a transport/supply for the lower hex, so they ran out of combat time, which they couldn't reset due to not being in supplied waters or having a supply in the next hex

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”