Resource Modifiers

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Resource Modifiers

Post by BigWolf »

Do the resource modifiers set in default.wmdata (aka, resource levels with the different brightness of red) actually do anything?

I ask because looking at 2 hexes with identical supply level, the level 2 hex is giving 448424 Uranium/yr per facility, and the level 3 hex is giving the exact same

My understanding has always been the brighter the red, the higher resource you get per facility (taking supply into account)
If this isn't the case, and all the brightness does is decide how many of each facility you can build, then my entire resource strategy can go bye-bye and I've found myself having alot more resources than I actually thought :-?

Of course, my question, is this a bug or working as intended?
SGTscuba
General

Re: Resource Modifiers

Post by SGTscuba »

the redder it is, the more facilities can be added. each facility may produce the same but with 2 extra facilities per level of redness they get much more extra production. So it is not a bug but was intended.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

For some reason I always thought it to influence per facility amount as well
Meaning those level 1 (aka 2 facility) hexes actually do have some uses

[Goes off on a building spree to make up short falls of petrol :) ]
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Yea the only thing that affects acual production of a resource once the complex is built is, the slider, Supply level, and tech.

The reason you would prefer to build on a dark red hex over a light red hex is you can build more facilities on that hex. Idealy you want 6 faciliites per core hex. As the core cost you maintence. So if you have 6 faciliites and 1 core, the cores cost is split 6 ways. however if you only have one facility on that hex then that once facility pays the entire cores cost.
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

Yea I understand that
But at the same time, some hexes do have more than one resource, so if it doesn't make a difference there is little preventing the use of them

On that note, what does the line in wmdata do then?

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”