just bought and downloaded, but already disapeared!

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

DoctorCosmonaut
Sergeant
Human: Yes

just bought and downloaded, but already disapeared!

Post by DoctorCosmonaut »

I just bought SR2020 Gold from GamersGate and as soon as it finished downloading and installed it offered the usual "run now," so I did--and it worked--but as soon as I exited the game I couldn't find it anywhere on my computer to run it again (I have Vista)... I just bought the game and its like I never had it! Can anyone tell me what to search for or where to look or what to do? I already searched for Supreme Ruler 2020, but that just brings up the name of my saved game, which won't open without the appropriate program.
Last edited by DoctorCosmonaut on Apr 23 2010, edited 1 time in total.
DoctorCosmonaut
Sergeant

Re: just bought and downloaded, but already disapeared!

NEVERMIND! All of the sudden when i searched for it it finally showed up... weird weird weird
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Just to help clarify, to meet Microsoft's Games for Windows standards, we were required to not put a shortcut in the start menu programs group for Vista/Win7. We had to have the shortcut only in the games explorer. On a custom install you can choose start menu and desktop shortcuts.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
DoctorCosmonaut
Sergeant

Why do they require that?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

DoctorCosmonaut wrote:Why do they require that?
I don't know. Ask Microsoft?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

They wanted it that way, so all games where in one location, Sort of a gaming center. They wanted games for windows tobe a huge success, where developers and gamers all go towards microsoft for all there gaming needs. Evenualy when games for windows became as common as the start menu, They where probly going to try and work in some sort of marketing system, where when you go into the games section you get options to buy more games right there.

When you set back and look at it, Its setup allot like Steam has it setup. I really hate how they have files in different locaitons. It just seems so stupid to me. The only reason I think they have the files in a differnt location right now, is so when they come out with a new version. They can say how improved it is becouse the files are in the same location, no more hunting for them.

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”