some1 pleeze help!!!!!!!!1

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

bluntjunky
Corporal
Human: Yes

some1 pleeze help!!!!!!!!1

Post by bluntjunky »

i've recently started playing sr2020. I've poured over the manual read the wikki as well as read the forums. Althiugh i've learned alot about the game and i feel im ready to kick its a** I'm confronted with a MAJOR PROBLEM. I can not!!!!! RESEARCH A SPECIFIC UNIT NOR CAN i BUILD A SPECIFIC UNIT BOTH OPTIONS ARE always GRAYED OUT. iVE been playing this game for 26 hrs str8 and i just cant figure out why? it wont do it
bluntjunky
Corporal

Re: some1 pleeze help!!!!!!!!1

Post by bluntjunky »

OK I know its only been a little while since i posted this but i really need an answer to this. even if you dont have an answer has ne1 else had this problem.
I've tried different game options/settings still the same....... I can NOT!! research specific military units nor can I build specific military units. if i go to the 'research' tab and then the 'military designs' sub-tab I see the land, air, sea, and missile filters when i click on one of those for expl. land i see inf. tanks ect. but a value of 0 next to them. to the right of that is a 'button' that says 'select a design......' its grayed out when i click nothing if i click to left nothing. the same goes for when i click the defense tab i can not select the unit i want to build. i can only produce units by allowing my minister to do it. uuuurrrrrrghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! im so upset!!!!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

1. Which version of SR are you using?

2. What country are you playing?

3. What is its starting tech level.

4. I know you typed you tried different options, but that is vague. Did you try this, press esc while in game> Player Options>click on Controls, then click on MAP. Right side of window ensure the following in checked/selected
a. Show obsolete units
b. Show replaced units
c. Show excluded units

Click/press on the option to Reset Excluded/Favorites

Press Return to Menu, unpause game and look now.

If you still see nothing, it is possible you are playing a country that does not have any designs yet due to their tech level.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Also, waiting more than a couple hours is a good idea, we don't work the forums 24-7. Post your info as GIJoe suggested, I'm sure we can help you out.

Be sure you have the latest version; 5.6.2 or 6.6.2 with the expansion/gold edition.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bluntjunky
Corporal

Post by bluntjunky »

I am playing the org SR2020 i had the 5.5.2 patch installed but i've just installed the 5.6.2 patch and i have the same problem.
In the most recent game im playing single player campaign(sandbox) mode with the world 2020 option. the country is china.I think there staring tech lvl is around 100 but i played so long i researched many techs after that. most other options are set to easy. The options in player options/map you suggested were already checked so that's not the problem. But ive tried world 2020 Germany ive tried melting pot and all the default settings (like if you chose campaign and dont change anything just chose to start the game. ive tried scenario games with different options. Nothing seems to work. in research or defense tabs the button that reads .....select a design to research Or ....select a design to build is grayed out and it cannot be done. BTW my frustration is toward the problems im having with game and not to any one that would take there time to try and help and sorry for my impatiences. Patience is a virtue .... That i often lack.lol
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

It sounds a bit familure to a situation somone once had before that was solved by reinstalling the game. But before you goto that extreme maybe post a picture of the issue?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I was thinking the same thing. There is a post here someone with the same problem. I wanted to be sure we were all on the same page before I mentioned it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
bluntjunky
Corporal

Post by bluntjunky »

I thought about reinstalling the game many times but.... i just could not see how that would help. However upon your suggestions i did and im happy to report .......... THAT DID THE TRICK!!!!!! it works fine now!!!! THANK you all for your help. MayB we will meet again on the feild of battle. mail me for a game

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”