Unit Errata (renamed from Torpedoes...?)

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Hullu Hevonen
General

Unit Errata (renamed from Torpedoes...?)

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Why, do many ships have 124(100) anti-sub range? I have corrected many of these eg. Meko-100A has an surface range of 20-30km, while a sub range of 10-25km, DDH-280 Iroquois has a much longer surface range and a much shorter sub range (30/11). So I realize and accept that the Unit database has errors, no one can make such a big database complete and perfect, but Shouldn't it be obvious that there is VERY few vessels that can fire torpedoes 124km away(100km), the standard of anti sub-ranges are 10-40km. Many subs use the same torpedo tubes as the Ships and they have shorer ranges. HUH

I'm no Popeye the Sailor, and I could be wrong, but I don't belive you can get "every" ships torpedoes to go 100+ km :-)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Torpedoes...?

Post by tkobo »

In the case of anti-sub ships ,many have an anti-sub helicopter factored into their attack.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

tkobo wrote:In the case of anti-sub ships ,many have an anti-sub helicopter factored into their attack.
Then I think that the helicopter feature should not to integrated. It is easy to eg. kill your enemies subs if you have good radars while thir just outside port, a helicopter would not get that close before getting shot down.
Happy Linux user!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

tkobo wrote:In the case of anti-sub ships ,many have an anti-sub helicopter factored into their attack.
correct. If someone has suggestions on how else model 1-3 helicopters on a ship feel free to make them...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

May take up too much work to the already existing units but...

Make a specific unit with just 2 or 3 of those types of Helo's. Then have make all the ships that could carry those units have a special carrier type capacity so that you would have Long deck, Short deck and Helo deck type ships. Helo being the smallest and the only thing that could land on them would be those small unit helo's.

Then reduce the ships attack ratings to reflect the change so that those helo's would have to be on the boat and actively being used to detect and attack subs at the extended ranges.
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Post by sa_3_d911 »

i am sorry ,but isn't there already anti-sub helicopters ,like the Sh-60b60 seahawk ,& all can land on carriers , i usually use them in anti-sub missions in the middle of the ocean ,or do you mean that both the ship & the sub attack as one ,because i don't agree i think that using ships & subs are two different ways of destroying a sub
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel

MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

sa_3_d911 wrote:

i am sorry ,but isn't there already anti-sub helicopters ,like the Sh-60b60 seahawk ,& all can land on carriers ,
Those are sqauds of heli's. Where these ships with ASW only have 1-3 helies on them. Thats why the attack value gets factored into the ships stats instead of having a short deck capacity.

So basicly becouse these ships only have 1-3 helies onboard BG only had two choices in how to implement them. Either put the stats on the ship itself. Which gives these ships sorta a never ending supply of helies and can overpower them in navy warefare. Or they could have created a new deck catagory, (call it small deck). This would only acomidate single helis. Then they would have to create a new unit line of helies that would be single instead of squads, so players could then put them on those small decks.

Both of the advantages and disadvantages. And I think the player base would be split on the best method so BG took the easy way. Becouse it would be a nightmare having to micro manage individual helicopters.
nghtmre15
Major

Post by nghtmre15 »

I think it's readily apparent that, of all the potential issues in the way this game abstracts various aspects of warfare, this is really not a big deal.
In a world without sound, dancing... falling... I was snow.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

i think that something should be done. Some ships that have helios, have an anti-sub range of 11km and the helio has 7km(and can fly 1000km). So souln't there then be a 1007km range? Many ships don't have helios but still, have an 100km+ range. I don't see the logic in this.
Happy Linux user!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:i think that something should be done. Some ships that have helios, have an anti-sub range of 11km and the helio has 7km(and can fly 1000km). So souln't there then be a 1007km range? Many ships don't have helios but still, have an 100km+ range. I don't see the logic in this.
If this is the case please point them out. The intention was for all ships with ASW helos to have longer spotting and attack range.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Balthagor wrote:
Hullu Hevonen wrote:i think that something should be done. Some ships that have helios, have an anti-sub range of 11km and the helio has 7km(and can fly 1000km). So souln't there then be a 1007km range? Many ships don't have helios but still, have an 100km+ range. I don't see the logic in this.
If this is the case please point them out. The intention was for all ships with ASW helos to have longer spotting and attack range.
eg.
-17750, Torpedoes, no Helios, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bainbr ... 8CGN-25%29
-17761, -II- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Virginia_%28CGN-38%29
Happy Linux user!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

* 17761 should have helos, 17774 should not. That's how it is now. Before the overhaul it had them.
* 17750 doesn't have helos from what I understood so it's range is correct.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Balthagor wrote:* 17761 should have helos, 17774 should not. That's how it is now. Before the overhaul it had them.
* 17750 doesn't have helos from what I understood so it's range is correct.
eg.
17444, Torpedoes unt Helios http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luyang_I_class_destroyer
17371, Dosen't have have air crafts and has a sub range of 11km http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_Perth_%28D_38%29
17350, no helios, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gearing_class
17431, no helios, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDX-II
Happy Linux user!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

17371 - range consistent with its torpedoes
17350 - Helo added when modernized
17431 - has helos

k, you got me on 17444 :) Entry updated.

You can add more but I won't be doing any more of these today. I'll move this thread to support later.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Balthagor wrote:17371 - range consistent with its torpedoes
17350 - Helo added when modernized
17431 - has helos

k, you got me on 17444 :) Entry updated.

You can add more but I won't be doing any more of these today. I'll move this thread to support later.
I doubt 17371 torbedoes goes 50+km, since most ship torpedoes dont reach over 20km and a newer version of the mark 32 is the mark 46 and the mark 46 goes 11km or an Mark 13 that reached ca. 6km. 17350, when modernized :-) . 17431, I admit I was mistaken :-)
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”