not building and treasury bug

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Berkoet
Corporal
Human: Yes

not building and treasury bug

Post by Berkoet »

I'm currently experiencing 2 small bugs in my current game. The first one is this:
At 3 seperate locations I have facilities that are stuck at 0%, the most special one is the one highlighted where the industrial facility managed to build but the other facilities didn't. When done, the industrial facility doesn't show up at complex details. Now I noticed "May find facilities that are offline, cannot be built, cannot be scrapped (rare)" in the known issues list, but since I'm experiencing it on 3 seperate locations it either isn't so rare or it may be another issue. The only thing that the 3 locations have in common is that they were very poorly supplied when I gave the build orders.
agri-bug.jpg
The second one might be related to other gdp/treasury problems posted here (http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13016 for instance), but in my game only New York seems to be affected, the treasury count is negative and the glitch occurred rather early (2022).
newyork-bug.jpg
The game was both started and is currently running on version 6.6.2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: not building and treasury bug

Post by Balthagor »

Have you got a save for the second one before NY's GDP/c goes weird? And I'm looking for "right before", say 5-10 game days at most.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Berkoet
Corporal

Post by Berkoet »

Unfortunately not, I only have saves from after I noticed it. Would they be of any use? I continued playing and now the values are slowly going to more normal ranges. Treasury is currently (dec 2022) somewhere around -899,000,000M and gdp at 70k. I also just noticed now, that even though the treasury is a large negative number, it's sorted as the largest positive one and their economic score is the highest in the game too.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Wich version of the game are you using, are you using a mod? as of your not building bug, try builting a air field in the area to get supplies to the isolated region, could help.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Berkoet
Corporal

Post by Berkoet »

I'm using the Gold version 6.6.2, unmodded. An airfield in the area didn't help, but then again the problem isn't a lack of supply, just the game thinking there is one (I guess). For some reason if the supply when I start the building was very low (or maybe interrupted?) this bug happens. Even contructing a supply source nearby doens't help once the game thinks it shouldn't continue building. In one location the current supply is at 85% and it still won't build.

As for the treasury bug, now Scotland gained a lot of treasury (and New York is out of the negative and hugely into the positive, both regions have about 1,500,000,000M in treasury now). I have a savegame preceding this one, but when I loaded it and continue playing from it, the bug didn't happen. So I'm not sure if that would be useful to send.

I also found a minor stats mishap, the speed for the "AS 535 (EC 635) Panther Wuzhua" is 660km/h, well above the theoretical maximum speed for helicopters.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

I had this 'not building' bug once playing as Paris. I can safely say that it's not because of lack of either supplies nor lack of supply since I had both in large amounts. In fact, I've seen this happen on new buildings that are placed on already existing industrial complexes within your own territory. There must be some other 'catch' that triggers it.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Uriens wrote:...There must be some other 'catch' that triggers it.
If you find any clues, please let us know!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Berkoet
Corporal

Post by Berkoet »

I may have found a clue regarding the treasury/gdp bug or this bug might be unrelated, but that's for the developers to find out.

On the nightly 0:00 calculations going from June 17th to June 18th Ukraine gets this message.
defcon.jpg
Then around 20:00 or so on June 18th Ukraine is dissolved and its territory split amongst the 6 nations closest to it. I have no idea why this is happening. They are not at war with anyone nor do they have great debt (I don't know if there are any other reasons ingame to dissolve a nation?).

But now comes the really odd part:
On the first time through my nation got a GDP of 8.7M per capita right after this happening, resulting in a global economic crash (because the demand for just about everything grew a factor thousand or so). So I'm assuming it has to do with the territory/units/other stuff I inherited from the Ukraine. However, I've reloaded my June 17th save several times, and now only the defcon and fall of the Ukraine seem to happen, not the gdp thing.

I have savegames from the day before the defcon thing happend and one from right after the gdp went weird.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nikola Serb
Captain

Post by Nikola Serb »

Berkoet wrote:I may have found a clue regarding the treasury/gdp bug or this bug might be unrelated, but that's for the developers to find out.

On the nightly 0:00 calculations going from June 17th to June 18th Ukraine gets this message.
defcon.jpg
Then around 20:00 or so on June 18th Ukraine is dissolved and its territory split amongst the 6 nations closest to it. I have no idea why this is happening. They are not at war with anyone nor do they have great debt (I don't know if there are any other reasons ingame to dissolve a nation?).

But now comes the really odd part:
On the first time through my nation got a GDP of 8.7M per capita right after this happening, resulting in a global economic crash (because the demand for just about everything grew a factor thousand or so). So I'm assuming it has to do with the territory/units/other stuff I inherited from the Ukraine. However, I've reloaded my June 17th save several times, and now only the defcon and fall of the Ukraine seem to happen, not the gdp thing.

I have savegames from the day before the defcon thing happend and one from right after the gdp went weird.
LOL!
Dropped by invaders, BOMB RAID IN VAIN!

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”