multiplayer game issue

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

antbanks22
Corporal
Human: Yes

multiplayer game issue

Post by antbanks22 »

hello all. I purchased supreme ruler 2020 via steam, and global crisis via gamers gate. It says i have regular supreme ruler 2020 version 5.5.21, and global crisis version 6.6.2. I cannot join multiplayer games, and when I try to do so, for global crisis, it says that game ranger cannot find it on my computer. It then asks me to direct it to global crisis, but when I do it says invalid selection, choose game application. I was told to post here for support help.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: multiplayer game issue

Post by Ruges »

I am suprized you where able to have global crisis installed when you have the steam version of 2020. I thought that was not supposed tobe possible.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

As far as I'm aware Global Crisis will install with a steam version of SR2020, although it is suggested to updated your Supreme Ruler 2020 to version 5.6.2 first.

If you are having troubles with GameRanger I would suggest posting on their forums for support, AFAIK it should all work. I will attempt do to some testing of this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I think I've found the cause of this, hope to have a solution soon...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

May have found a solution even if we're unclear on the cause. The suggestion is to uninstall SR2020, Global Crisis and GameRanger and reinstall all three. In some cases Global Crisis my install to the default directory set by Paradox, not the one created by steam. Be sure to uninstall all and then reinstall from steam (a back up should work, no need to redownload if you have one) before adding GC and GameRanger. Let us know if that still does not work.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”