Game Crash SR GC Version 6

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Red Dawn
Captain

Game Crash SR GC Version 6

Post by Red Dawn »

Hi all

Whilst playing a saved game I activated the panel list by hitting ctrl+S and opted to remove the Fog of War. Now everytime I go back in and opt to activate the Fog of War the game crashes. Any solutions to fix this?

Secondly is it just me or have the graphics for certain units become worse e.g. JF17 Thunder fighter jet.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Game Crash SR GC Version 6

Post by Balthagor »

Do you have 6.6.2?

No change on that particular picture. A few new ones where added like the British Challenger tank.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Hi Balthagor

I have the 6.5.2 version as I purchased the GC expansion pack and thought I downloaded the latest patch. I thought the 6.6.2 version is for Gold members?

If not where can I download the 6.6.2 version for free?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Use the "Check for Updates" link in your start menu program group or check the Wiki
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Hi Balthagor

I downloaded and installed the 6.6.2 update but for some reason when I load the game it still loads in the 6.5.2 version and the problem with the FoW is still there.

Another thing.... I am loving the battle group feature in the game and can see a huge improvement in the management of my units. I know we can put units in reserve and they will remain in the battle group they have been assigned to which is awesome.

However is there any easy way to re deploy those units in the battle group i.e. if you have 100 units in reserve and you want to deploy 5 units designated to a battlegroup, rather than trawling through the list of 100 units in reserve trying to find the 5 units in a battlegroup is there any other easier way of doing so?

Thanks.,
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If it's not taking you may need to uninstall and reinstall.

Regarding deploying the group, not specifically. If you centre on the group you can find the facility they are reserved in and see that bases reserve list so it's shorter.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Thanks I'll try it but just thinking about why it doesn't run do I need to save it in a specific folder or anywhere is fine?

Also I have a bug with the spies. Everytime I deploy a spy in a neutral country and set it to espionage the spy is captured and the target country declares war on me. This is not random as it has happened with every country I have targetted for espionage. Is this a known bug in the 5.6.2 version?
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Do you have Fog of War on or off ?
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Off... Everytime I switch it on the game crashes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

if you start a map with FoW on it won't crash. If you get the update turning it on won't crash.

Spies require FoW, they don't work without it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Problem sorted. Thanks guys.

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”