Multiplayer Sync Error on Reloading of Save Game

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Krafty
Warrant Officer

Multiplayer Sync Error on Reloading of Save Game

Post by Krafty »

Any information on this? Seemed to work fine for the first two nights, now every game we load, says mismatched save. Any workarounds/causes/general info?

EDIT:

After some testing with my multiplayer partner, we discovered that the issue arises sometime after the declaration and invasion of syria (he is Turkey, im South Africa, ive conquered Lethoso, Swaziland, and Namibia(I think) with no sync errors) and before it falls. We have a save right before he dec's and it loads fine with no errors, another save half way through the war, where it has sync issues, and another save at the end of the war, still with the sync issues.

Were afraid if we start up from the save that works, any large war is just going to cause the sync errors again.

After spending 4 nights without trouble (other than the filename length problem on day 2, but we found the solution for that here) 5-6 hours a night, its a shame to see the game go.

We've both owned the game (and 2010) for a long time, and finally thought we could play some multiplayer (its really been 2 years since we got 2010, and its multiplayer failed miserably that we've been waiting on this :P)

Any help would be appreciated.

Editx2:

Would sending my save to him via ftp or p2p make any difference? or is his save specificly his, and my save specificly mine?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We seemed to have fixed the problem, if i send him my save on my harddrive through p2p or ftp, it appears to fix the sync error.

That means the culprit is in the writing of the save file, since it appears the save is not sent to the client by the host. Otherwise, a 15meg file would take a moment or three to send to the clients, and it obviously doesnt matter if you quit the second you save the game.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Multiplayer Sync Error on Reloading of Save Game

Post by Balthagor »

you are correct that sending around the savegame would put you back into sync. What has caused the sync error is unclear. We do have a sync error that occurs occasionally that we've not been able to nail down yet, but we are continuing to hunt for it. If you have a specific case where you think "run these three saves for one game week and it will sync out" please send us the files and details.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ETF
Lieutenant

Post by ETF »

Krafty wrote:Any information on this? Seemed to work fine for the first two nights, now every game we load, says mismatched save. Any workarounds/causes/general info?

EDIT:

After some testing with my multiplayer partner, we discovered that the issue arises sometime after the declaration and invasion of syria (he is Turkey, im South Africa, ive conquered Lethoso, Swaziland, and Namibia(I think) with no sync errors) and before it falls. We have a save right before he dec's and it loads fine with no errors, another save half way through the war, where it has sync issues, and another save at the end of the war, still with the sync issues.

Were afraid if we start up from the save that works, any large war is just going to cause the sync errors again.

After spending 4 nights without trouble (other than the filename length problem on day 2, but we found the solution for that here) 5-6 hours a night, its a shame to see the game go.

We've both owned the game (and 2010) for a long time, and finally thought we could play some multiplayer (its really been 2 years since we got 2010, and its multiplayer failed miserably that we've been waiting on this :P)

Any help would be appreciated.

Editx2:

Would sending my save to him via ftp or p2p make any difference? or is his save specificly his, and my save specificly mine?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We seemed to have fixed the problem, if i send him my save on my harddrive through p2p or ftp, it appears to fix the sync error.

That means the culprit is in the writing of the save file, since it appears the save is not sent to the client by the host. Otherwise, a 15meg file would take a moment or three to send to the clients, and it obviously doesnt matter if you quit the second you save the game.
Krafty do you find that the maps were accurate among all machines? We are not finding this. Will try again for the 4th week to see if it is any better but I doubt it. I will personally copy the files this time to everyones machine :)
Playing- CMBN, WITE, SR2020GC, HOI3, Jutland, CIV5, PON, EU3, Vicky 2
BloodyAxe
Corporal
Human: Yes

Post by BloodyAxe »

We have the same problems of multiplayer mismatch games, we seemed to notice it more when large amounts of units were kicked out of reserve and piled up, then a save occured. some of those units would dissaper, for one player while the other could still see them.

anyway, end of nights I as the host computer I would zip the file and email it since anything over 10mbs wont send... this is fine while the saves stay around 15mb zippable under 10mb. but most annoying to have to do each night. not sure what to do when we get to a zipped above 10mb.

BloodyAxe
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

If email fails, just use a free file storing site like
http://www.filefactory.com/
and have any players download the save from there.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”