Missile/supply problem

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Mewshkin
Lieutenant

Missile/supply problem

Post by Mewshkin »

Semi-raised in the "New things in GC" thread, a missile platform loses all its supplies if more than one missile is loaded using the unit command/'load single missile from group' or 'load entire missile group' buttons. Autodeployed missiles, no problem, supplies go down normally.
What's really creepy -
1) I deploy a ship. I load 2 missiles onto it using 'autodeploy single missile'. The supplies behave normally. I unload the missiles. Now I load 2 missiles using 'load single missile from group'. The supplies behave normally.
2) I deploy a ship. I load 2 missiles onto it using 'load single missile from group'. The supplies all vanish. I unload the missiles. Now I load 2 missiles using 'autodeploy single missile'. The supplies all vanish.

HUH

Occurs in the three Campaign scenarios and the three other scenarios I checked (Panama Contingency, Ethnic Russian Revenge, Tsunami).

Same thing happens to aircraft and mlrs.

I've re-installed the game and expansion, and the problem persists.
powercell
Colonel

Re: Missile/supply problem

Post by powercell »

Based on the info from the screen shots, did you allow the game to run for some time to see if the ship will load supply?
Mewshkin
Lieutenant

Post by Mewshkin »

The ships never load any more supplies. As far as the game is concerned, they have no more supplies to load.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

anyone else seeing this? I tried it on earlier this week and had no problems.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Yes , I checked today after a few of my ships stop dead in the water. Even when resupplied by ship they had 0 supplies but managed to make it to the battle. Once they shot off thier missiles the supplies came back. I think the supplies are there its just showing as 0 until the missiles are the gone.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Did some more checking on this.

All the ships that have missiles show 0 supplies except 1 U.S designed BB-61 Iowa with 20 tomahawks UGM-109 and 1 D-10 Alm. Brown with 6 AS-20 mixed. All the rest show supplies.

All my amphibious transports that are loaded with units show 0 supplies except for 1 LST-1173 DeSoto County Class.

All my 3 carriers have aircraft , 2 have missiles and all of them have supplies.

All my subs have missiles and they all show 0 supplies.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I just tried this again and saw no oddity. I used the load one, load all, autodeploy one and autodeploy all, saw no reporting errors.. Are we talking 5.4.1 or Global Crisis?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I was playing GC.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

can you send me a zipped savegame where you have a unit with incorrectly reported supplies? Please put it in a group and include the following text in the e-mail;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 49&t=12594&
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Done
Mewshkin
Lieutenant

Post by Mewshkin »

Done. And yeah, its Global Crisis. Never had any problem in 4.5.1.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

confirmed, we're investigating the cause...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

I have a CVN-78 for the US. It is a newly built unit not one of the original ones the US started out with. I am trying to load some Antiship missles into it. At first I had them setup to autoload depending on role. However they where unable to autoload. So I went in and attempted to manualy load the missles. However even this approach did not load the missles. I sent the unit to reserve thinking maybe the missles did not deploy since it was full of cargo. However even that did not fix the issue. I even tried a few other ways of doing it thinking maybe there was a back door to geting them to load. (like moving a cargo ship nearby, having it next to a port. Having it next to a navl fab. It just would not load missles. I tried the same with Destroyers and Frigates, they would auto and manualy load the missles just fine. However the Aircraft carriers would not. So I am asuming the issue is only related to aircraft carriers. Atleast newly built ones. Not able to test originals.
Mewshkin
Lieutenant

Post by Mewshkin »

I don't think the US has any missiles small enough to arm the CVN-78. It has a max missile size of 3, harpoons are size 4. Perhaps later missiles are small enough to fit?

Carriers are the only naval units I can load missiles on without this problem presenting itself (only played as Russia so far, Kuznetsov and Ul'yanovsk carriers work fine); presumably they are supplied out of their cargo cap.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

we did a massive rebalancing of the ship/missile points values in GC, this looks like an error, CVN-78 should have a max size of 4.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”