SR2020 on Netbooks (Thread renamed from Acer Aspire)

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Denixen
Warrant Officer

SR2020 on Netbooks (Thread renamed from Acer Aspire)

Post by Denixen »

Hi i have recently bought a new Acer Aspire one A150X, and i have the annoying problem that the game wont start on it.

I have updated the graphics drivers (the graphics card is Intel GMA 945 express, which isn't much but i believe it reaches the 16mb minimum, and i can play Spore on it ^^)
And the sound drivers.
and even the chipset drivers.
i have the latest SR2020 patch 5.3.2.

so when i start the game the screen "blinks" as if it was about to start, but i don't i stays at desktop and nothing more happens, what could be the problem?
i have check the minimum requirement and it all checks (i have the XP variant).
i just can't see why i wouldn't work, this is just another laptop only smaller and only a little bit slower the graphics is based on the GMA 950 which have worked for others...

thank in advance for any help.
oberkommando
Major

Re: SR2020 wont start on Acer aspire one...

Post by oberkommando »

I´ll check the drivers again, if not try with the old ones. sometimes the configuration is not the correct, like the administrator option to run programs, it happened to me with age of empires, your chip will handle sr2020 just fine.
I am not an expert but changing this little details worked for me.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

A quick internet search seems to show that the maximum resolution for that model is 1024x600. The game's default (and sort of minimum) resolution is 1024x768.

If you go into your registry you can manually set the Gamerezy to decimal 600 value and the game should actually launch. You will however have problems since some GUI elements will be positioned in areas you can't get to. Like the Launch Game button :/

Anyway, if you get it running let use know. I might be able to make a quick 5min mod to at least put a duplicate launch button where you can reach it...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Denixen
Warrant Officer

Post by Denixen »

Balthagor wrote:A quick internet search seems to show that the maximum resolution for that model is 1024x600. The game's default (and sort of minimum) resolution is 1024x768.

If you go into your registry you can manually set the Gamerezy to decimal 600 value and the game should actually launch. You will however have problems since some GUI elements will be positioned in areas you can't get to. Like the Launch Game button :/

Anyway, if you get it running let use know. I might be able to make a quick 5min mod to at least put a duplicate launch button where you can reach it...
Last edited by Denixen on May 05 2021, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

LOL, well I'm a sucker for godly worship. Try this;

HAPS.rar [Edit:Link removed, file had an error, see further down...]

It's an addition to the /HAPS folder, replacing the lobby screen file. Use at your own risk, no promises of the outcome. Drop it into your /Supreme Ruler 2020 directory.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Denixen
Warrant Officer

Post by Denixen »

hmm i replaced the file (made a backup of it too) but i can't find which data in the register i was suppose to change, could you give a better description of where i can find it, i know about the regedit stuff so no need to explain that i just need to know the adress to the data im suppose to change.
Pwned9080
Colonel

Post by Pwned9080 »

Here is a reg file that will make it easy to switch, you can open it up and check it by right clicking and selecting edit. Hope this helps.
Edit:
Forgot to upload the file lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Denixen
Warrant Officer

Post by Denixen »

thank you guys, but there is only a slight problem, the resolution is great, but when i press campaign ingame i get jumped back to the main menu and nothing happened and when i press campaign again it remain in the singleplayer menu and does nothing, i don't mean to be unappreciative but, Balthagor, could it be that you mini mod isn't quite working as i should?
Last edited by Denixen on Oct 08 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Denixen
Warrant Officer

Post by Denixen »

i unlocked higher resolution for my screen so now i have to kind of "scroll" by putting the cursor far down the screen and the display "scrolls" down and i can see whats down there. but anyway i put back the lob_scr file and now with resolution set to 1024x768 and it works like a charm, but it would be really nice if i didn't have to "scroll" to look at the lower part, only to "scroll back up to see whats happening on the battlefield :D. so if you don't mind, i don't know maybe you guys think this kind of stuff is fun, i would really appreciate if the 5-min-mod worked because right now i only worship you like gods (which i did before too) and not like the gods of gods. thx for all the help anyway, its not like i would have figured this out without you.
Denixen
Warrant Officer

Post by Denixen »

hmm played for about an half an hour, then blue screen, i don't think the computer liked running with that resolution... plz balthagor i think i really need that working mini mod...
Pwned9080
Colonel

Post by Pwned9080 »

Hook it up to an external monitor.
Denixen
Warrant Officer

Post by Denixen »

if i only had one :-(...
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

A high end TV might work, depending on it and your vid card.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ver 2 of file. Just the file this time, drop it in your /Supreme Ruler 2020/Haps directory. I fixed the error I made when modding it.
LOB_SCN.rar
You'll find the Launch and Return buttons near your player avatar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Denixen
Warrant Officer

Post by Denixen »

i made a quick run, i'll try is more when i get back from school (its 7 in the morning over here), and everything seems to work just fine, oh and some windows in game are quite large, but thats nothing you can fix i believe, its just that in the the campaign menu you cant reachthe game settings button to change things like fog of war and enable or disabling nukes, but those aren't really that important, but if i you have abundant of time (which i know you don't) then maybe you could throw that button down with the launch button. other than that you have done something a large company would never have done, and i im so glad that i pay for this game, its worth every penny, because you guys truely deserve every penny you get from it, i love you guys, and worship you like gods of all gods, the fact that you would make time to help little me is just to good to be true. whatever game you make in the future ill probably buy it, even if it's not my taste, because private companys like you just rock! i'm going to tell all of my friends about you company and what you do for you fans, and the world shall know that even small companys can do things like the big one and you do it even better, i think i'll start a group on facebook, about worshiping you... anyone who wants to join just pm me.

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”